eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Fees (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fees/)
-   -   cant refund buyer need advice (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-fees/149891-cant-refund-buyer-need-advice.html)

stevebills 03-10-2023 09:27 AM

cant refund buyer need advice

i tried to refund a buyer but ebay kept saying use another account and therefore i couldnt proceed so now ebay have refunded the buyer and wont credit my £163 fees as they say i should of done the refund myself within 3 days but cos they have stepped in im being charged there a joke
i only have one bank account therefore i could use another account
but my account works fine as i can purchase items on ebay no problem i just cant do refunds.
im going to ring them again today and explain it
advice pls.

agent006140 03-10-2023 11:44 AM

Re: cant refund buyer need advice

are you talking about your Ebay seller account or your bank account linked to the ebay account?

murdered_by_ebay 03-10-2023 11:57 AM

you can always use a debit card to refund , bank account refund is not always possible

agent006140 03-10-2023 12:41 PM

It sounds like OP needs to learn more on how to sell on Ebay,try to sell items priced under 50 GBP,not video cards.drones which are high risk ,high &&

degsey69 03-10-2023 03:11 PM

You have not described the back story to this situation.

If a buyer has opened an item not received or a return, or both, I have had it where due to circumstances I could not refund using my withheld funds or use the bank account on file and was advised to refund through PayPal and contact eBay back with the transaction number and any bad metrics removed and fees refunded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevebills (Post 1212672)
i tried to refund a buyer but ebay kept saying use another account and therefore i couldnt proceed so now ebay have refunded the buyer and wont credit my £163 fees as they say i should of done the refund myself within 3 days but cos they have stepped in im being charged there a joke
i only have one bank account therefore i could use another account
but my account works fine as i can purchase items on ebay no problem i just cant do refunds.
im going to ring them again today and explain it
advice pls.

yobar 07-04-2023 03:26 AM

I understand your frustration. It sounds like you've been having some trouble with eBay refunds. I can offer some advice, but ultimately, it's up to eBay to decide whether or not to credit your fees.

Here are a few things you can do:

Call eBay again and explain the situation. Be sure to have your eBay account number and the order number handy. Explain that you tried to refund the buyer yourself, but eBay kept saying to use another account. Ask if there's anything else you can do to get your fees credited.

Check your eBay account settings. Make sure that your payment methods are up to date and that you have enough funds available to refund the buyer. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

Contact your bank. If you think there may be a problem with your bank account, contact your bank and ask them to investigate.

If you've tried all of these things and you're still not having any luck, you may want to consider opening a case with eBay's customer service. You can do this by going to the "Help & Contact" section of eBay's website and clicking on "Contact us."

I hope this helps!

degsey69 07-04-2023 02:22 PM

Yobar it took you 4 months to understand his frustration, you are opening old threads to create content. Either post an original thread or answer the current ones without plagiarizing or ChatGPT.