debt collectors letter for ebay fees - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 01-25-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default debt collectors letter for ebay fees

Hi everyone,
I am new here please i need your advice. My ebay account got suspended few months ago for no good reason and i decided not to pay ebay fees. My ebay account has ⊗⊗⊗⊗ NAME but real address, also it was linked to my paypal account (my paypal had real information), receiving money and paying ebay fees. After the suspension, i closed my paypal account and then reopened it with different e-mail. same bank but different credit card, my won. I dont want to pay the fees because when they suspended me, customer thought because i was no longer on ebay, i was involved in fraud etc, so they requested a refund, which i have given. Because i could not access ebay to send them transaction cancellation, i did not get my fees credited, i tried to explain to ebay but they didnt bother, keep sending me automated email,your bill is due....

Today i have received a letter from debt collectors and they are asking me to pay £127 ?? where did that come from, the fee was only £100...

Anyways, i am planning to send back the letter with additional note stating, this person is not a resident here??

What do you all suggest, please little advise here!

thank you all
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Ebay address is correct but my name is not...if you know what i mean. paypal account closed but then reopened it with new credit card but same address and name which are all real. if am not making sense please let me know, i really need your help
Old 01-25-2010

Longevity: 86%

well if the person who they are sending letter to doesnt live there then its not your problem
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dburnside For This Useful Post:
aking (01-25-2010), Yaz (01-26-2010)
Old 01-26-2010
Threadstarter  

I am returning the letter stating person NOT RESIDENT at this address...
There is no way i am paying them....I hate e bay & paypal :/ grrr
Old 02-04-2010

They locked me out and I had overpaid $100+ in fees. GRRR! They still email me an invoice saying they owe me money, but I can't get it!
Old 02-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

As the name is not yours I would explain to them that you know nothing about the account.

They may send you a couple more threatening letters as this is the way they operate. But you can say you do not know this person.

I dont believe they can insist on anyone at your address paying, I believe they will write the debt off.
Old 02-04-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Next letter that comes, write on the envelope

Wrong address

No such person living here.

Would that work?
Old 02-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Keep contact with them to bare minimum. Don't give them anything

Do as Sandy said. Return the envelope with name crossed out
NOT KNOWN .
As Neo said there will be a few tries....bear with it
Old 02-05-2010

Hey I just got suspended for feedback manipulation and now I have an invoice for eBay fees. So I went into paypal and took eBay off the list for payments..... is there anyway eBay can still take the money?
Old 02-05-2010
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Keep contact with them to bare minimum. Don't give them anything

Do as Sandy said. Return the envelope with name crossed out
NOT KNOWN .
As Neo said there will be a few tries....bear with it

I think if he/she writes on the envelope in RED MARKER

Person NOT KNOWN or DOES NOT LIVE HERE
Render to sender

they might not even attempt again because they are not going to send the envelope back to an address that someone said they do not live there anymore. They do not like to spend the postage on a dead end collection attempt.
Old 02-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Depends on the actual debt: if the agents have 'brought' the debt, there may be further letters. Depends if the letter gets back to the company & does not end up in the dead letter office. Depends on.....
Old 02-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

I would personnally pay the money if they had my address.

You need to think about stealth for future accounts.
Old 02-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Well when i first got the letter i didnt know who its from you, so i opened it. but from now on, if i receive it from them, i will do as you guys have stated above.thank you guys, appreciate your comments.

Neo, It is not a permanent address for me, so i think that should be ok for me. EBAY suspended me for no good reason, the fees are only £100 and i can pay them but it is how they treat you, and because of that suspension, customers opened alot of dispute and got their refunds, and as far as i know, the fees are alot more less than £100.

I am currently using one ebay account which has stealth address but using my real information my paypal account. but it is not linked, i only receive payment and pay with a different credit card which i have never used on ebay before. I am based in the UK, i dont really know, if there is going to be any problem in future but at the present, everything seems ok & i have the account for 4-5 months now.

Will keep you updated guys
Old 02-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

You have to think if for £100 is it worth the hassle. The will keep sending letters and the threats will continue with extra fees added on top.

My opinion would be to bite the bullet and pay the £100. Then always use stealth so they will never be able to contact you by letter.
Old 02-07-2010
Threadstarter  

You have a good point there Neo. I have already sent back the letter though, and stated "PERSON IS NOT RESIDENT HERE" so i will wait and see if they will send another letter again. thank you all for your comments, really appreciated.
Old 02-08-2010
Threadstarter  

This morning, i have received an email, I think it is from the ebay debtor collection. they said they are writing on behalf of ebay...they have given me a reference and asked me to call them as they were not able to contact me after they have attempted. I think they have received the letter i sent back stating "person does not live here" anyways, will keep you updated, i hope they will use the email now not the address.
Old 02-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

I got the same email as above. I rang them up and gave them the reference number. When they asked to confirm address I gave a stealth address.

Then I negotiated the amount owing down from £278.78 to £53.56.

I didnt pay it of course as the details they have are stealth. I just wanted to see if they would lower the price which they did.

This is useful if they have your real details.
Old 02-13-2010

Default debt collectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
Hi everyone,
I am new here please i need your advice. My ebay account got suspended few months ago for no good reason and i decided not to pay ebay fees. My ebay account has ⊗⊗⊗⊗ NAME but real address, also it was linked to my paypal account (my paypal had real information), receiving money and paying ebay fees. After the suspension, i closed my paypal account and then reopened it with different e-mail. same bank but different credit card, my won. I dont want to pay the fees because when they suspended me, customer thought because i was no longer on ebay, i was involved in fraud etc, so they requested a refund, which i have given. Because i could not access ebay to send them transaction cancellation, i did not get my fees credited, i tried to explain to ebay but they didnt bother, keep sending me automated email,your bill is due....

Today i have received a letter from debt collectors and they are asking me to pay £127 ?? where did that come from, the fee was only £100...

Anyways, i am planning to send back the letter with additional note stating, this person is not a resident here??

What do you all suggest, please little advise here!

thank you all
depends on your case.they, ebay ,closed someelses account and linked it to me. So I told the debt collectors they will need a good explanation in court and I have not heard from them for 2 months!

we took ebay to court and judge suggested we try again as we had worded our claim as a libel action. I am not sure what words to use and the jus=dge said he could not advise. however he did say we would win if we used the correct argument. maybe 3rd time lucky.ebay are a real awkward organistaion.
if you want the moibile number of their legal director paul drake just ask me.
Old 02-13-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks, i hope that may not be necessary. because i have not heard from them since i sent back the letter, last time they e-mailed me, gave me number, urgent call us! as if i would call them!!!