Why cant you use paypal to pay your ebay fee's? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 03-22-2009
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%

If you use a stealth account I say sell like gangbusters and ditch the fees!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by John14789 View Post
I just posted what I do.
I donnntttt know how to do sooo the flag configury thingy!

It is not a matter of just posting what you do. It is the way you always hiint that your way works the best. Just your style I am trying to say
Old 03-22-2009
Banned

I wasn't trying to imply my way works best. I was simply offering an opinion .

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-22-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
If you use a stealth account I say sell like gangbusters and ditch the fees!
Maybe so but wouldn't you RATHER that eBay account work for more than 2 months?
Maybe a year or longer?
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I wasn't trying to imply my way works best. I was simply offering an opinion.

Here's part of the post from Brendaleigh
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter
Longevity: 23%
Default A Total Blond Moment!!!
I think that I have figured out why I had 5 accounts suspended. A few days ago I paid my eBay fees. I went back and looked at the transactions and found that I had paid with the PAYPAL account I used with the old suspended eBay account. How stupid is that??? I have been so careful to be in the right User Account and I keep a running tab of IP addresses so I am pretty sure that this isn't what caused my suspensions. Especially, since the IP I used with my old suspended eBay account is gone. I reset the modem that I used exclusively with that account and I got rid of all cookies on the Firefox browser too. This is the only way they could have found me. Also, it cannot be just a coincidence that the accounts I paid fees on got suspended. The thing that surprises me is that they made the connection so fast. It hasn't been more than 3-4 days since I paid these fees. They made the connection and suspended all my accounts in 3 days. Doesn't that seem fast?
Just adding spice to this dish,guys.

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-22-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

LOL, obviously if you pay with a PayPal account thats linked to a suspended eb8y account its gonna result in suspension, but if you use a different PayPal account with each Eb8y account thats fine, right? Or am I missing something?
Old 03-22-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Yes, you would use a different paypal for each Ebay account if you don't want them linked. But after discussing this topic before and now again it has been said its not a good idea to pay Ebay fees with Paypal.

Last edited by lakeman; 03-22-2009 at 04:06 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lakeman For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-22-2009), Here We Go Again (03-22-2009)
Old 03-26-2009

Longevity: 93%

I use paypal on 30 accounts with bank accounts...They did the with draw through ebay fees which then pulled the over due disputed amount in the paypal account also.........Will paypal pull disputed funds WITHOUT having to go in there for ebay fees???????????? They didnt until ebay pulled it last time (for ebay) fees. I asked this on the vip board no replys........What am I paying for this subscription for......Not to scourer through all these post everyday..I would like to get an ansewr every once in a while.You know get what you pay for???????
Old 03-27-2009

Longevity: 91%

Sometimes people appear as if they are writing posts a little tipsy..LOL, so it's hard to understand what are they trying to say (grammar, spelling etc. ). This is hilarious!

I do enjoy reading what HWGA has to say because he'll always be right to the point and he backs up everything he says with common sense. So, I learned a lot from him. It's up to you guys to read it with clear heads, put your manly egos aside and than just take it or leave it...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyda For This Useful Post:
Here We Go Again (03-27-2009), wantohide (06-04-2011)
Old 03-29-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

But if I don't link a bank acct to my PayPal acct where people are sending their payments, how the heck to I actually get to my money? Can't get a debit card since the PP acct isn't in my name or attached to my real address. Am I missing something here? Other than obviously using a merchant acct., which I do, but don't REQUIRE buyers to use it yet on my seller accounts with fb below 100.
Old 03-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^
Where did anyone ever say anything about not having a bank account linked to a Paypal account?
This is a MUST to have a verified Paypal account.
Old 11-21-2009

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
I always pay my ebay fees with paypal. Smart thing to do is if you get the ebay invoice then go to the bank and close the account and ditch the paypal and ebay account. They can't get the money if the accounts closed. Works all the time.
you dont need to close the account just close the dd to paypal
Old 11-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^don't worry about that poster. He got a DearJohn letter

it seems to be a US thing to close a bank account rather than cnxl the DD. Dunno why. Maybe the Boston Tea Party?
Old 11-21-2009

Longevity: 84%

Another thing you can do is just close your bank account after you get suspended which is what I did and now I've got 2 ebay and paypal acounts in the negative.
Old 02-13-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Yes paypal can be used for fees. No one has said it can not be used. it has been suggested by several that a safer way for our stealth accounts is to use another method. Therefore it is just as easy to pay by gift card, money order.
Avoiding paypal is ONE LESS Link. We had a post by brendaleigh who told us that her new accounts were suspended. Why? Because she used an old paypal account to pay fees for her new accounts. Poor thing wasted her hard work for the sake of miserable ebay fees: if she had choosen a different means, no link
Can you accept receiving money from customers using old paypal but add new email address? pay ebay fees with a new credit card or gift card?? will that work?
Old 02-13-2010

Longevity: 84%

Obviously if you use a paypal account with different info from your ebay to pay your fees that can lead to problems but if you use the paypal that has the same info as your ebay and gift card and make a one time payment for your fees without linking then that should work just as well, It's what I do on all mine, much easier than having to buy giftcards all the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbluntz For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (02-17-2010)
Old 03-26-2010

Longevity: 82%

Ok, people might get annoyed at me always asking the REAL account question, but does this thread pertain to us that still have the real account in effect. Do I have the same worries as the stealth accounts about linking ebay with paypal? More or less I just want my paypal fees paid automatically (one less worry each month) and I'd like my customers to get an "item shipped" email whenever I pay with paypal. Sorry, I know this site is meant mainly for stealth, but since I sell some "not so retail" products I always have the caution of being suspended any day.

So... main question... do I have the same worries of linking my ebay with paypal if I'm not worried about any info being linked, etc..?

sorry, I meant ebay fees paid automatically, not paypal
Old 06-23-2010

Longevity: 83%

nevermind...lol i searched and found my answer.

im assuming its safe though to go and unlink auto pay from paypal and just put on the credit card that was already there to verify my ebay and then just pay with the new gift card that i get when im ready to pay with my new one?

Last edited by MtnDew; 06-23-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chostin View Post
just set credit card (gift card) to your automatic way of paying ebay fees.... NOT paypal

I learned this the stupid way when ebay tried taking fees automatically out of PP then automatically tried pulling to my bank account linked to that paypal account.

There wasn't enough money in it and it bounced - but caused chargeback fee in my bank account of $40 or something. And it might have tried a second time automatically, can't remember.

I just use gift card as the automatic method, let it decline.... let it try and second time and decline.... then re-enter it or another gift card.. buys a few more days/week or so and then let the account die and move on to the next backup account.
if you dont pay your fees, wont your pp account get permanently blocked too?
then you have to get a new bank account etc and start all over again...isnt that just hassle??

what if you have 2 ebay accnts to 1 pp account and then stiff the fees on ebay account A, will ebay account B also get Naru'd??
Old 12-05-2010

Longevity: 78%

I see that you guys recommend paying fees with some sort of a gift card. I found a gift card that goes up to $500 now why cant i keep refilling this gift card and paying my fees with it? Why do i have to keep getting a new card to pay the fees? Whats wrong with using the same card to pay fees? of course i will be only using this card for 1 account.
Old 04-07-2011

Longevity: 78%

Ebay just refused to allow me to pay my $2.50 cents fee on the suspended account. Suspended for non-payment, has good feedback but not much.

i have a visa gift card which has a different zip code (nearby town) so it must be phoned in to work, won't work online.
Ebay customer service kept saying "I will instruct you on how to pay your fees online" Over and over I said "I know how, it won't work on this older computer, just freezes up so how can we get these fees paid?"
" where do I send a Money Order or where do I call to have this Visa Gift Card accepted?"

No address to mail the money order, and they are not allowed to take this personal info over the phone, what a joke

she said "GO to an internet cafe" yeah right the card still won't work and I told her when people login to a computer already used for other ebay accounts, it get's suspended for good.

Not worth it to save it...but did want to save it just to buy items

Oh well...

Last edited by Melissa1971; 04-07-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

have you got a one-off paypal payment link? if you want it, pm me.

Ive had glitchy overdue payments, but they go thru eventually, freezes but will go thru if keep trying, I dont think it is your computer at all. I mean suspension for non payments isnt an actual proper perm suspension, its just on hold until you pay...