Adyen Petition, Need a great post! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-17-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Adyen Petition, Need a great post!

Hi Guys, I messaged aspkin about opening a change.org/whitehouse.gov petition to not force sellers to switch to adyen/remove it. He informed me

"If you believe it will make a difference, open one. Personally I don't think enough people care enough or will be impacted enough to care about it. In reality, it's not hurting people other than stealth users (slightly); we're not a big enough group to make a difference.

If you believe otherwise, open one."

I do not know how to make a convincing post but I'm sure some of you are really creative and can create one. I can vote multiple times as I hope others will too to not cause a death in so many stealth accounts. (Forcing bank accounts instead of VBA'S).

Since its the early stages, we have a higher chance of being successful (in my opinion).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-17-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Adyen Petition, Need a great post!

Find a reason that will benefit the wider public (rather than just stealth users), so you get better results, as more people feel inclined to vote.

Otherwise, I agree with Aspkin, it's unlikely to go anywhere. You've got around 3,500 active users on this forum, of which many may not be affected by this. That just wont be enough votes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I wish it was forced today. Lets get rid of paypal altogether is my opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (07-19-2019), phaz0rz (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

The devil you know is better than the devil you dont know.
We all know what Paypal could do ,but what do we know about Ayden?
Just today someone said Ayden will charge a 30 cents transaction fee per item,not per order.
Is that so?
Paypal has a micro payment feature for low price items,6 cents transaction fee and 6% discount rate.
Does Ayden have the same option for low price sellers?
Some of us do not want daily ,weekly deposits into our bank account,some may never want it to be deposited into the bank account .
AYDEN is good for Ebay,Ebay is an old mother who has stopped growing and need a new revenue source.
Old 07-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Zero chance of success. The signatures of 250 shady e-commerce sellers who probably rip people off online with phake identities would be laughable to eBay's board of directors.

Protesting their proposed fee structure might work but I think it would be impossible for you to reverse eBay's 10 year plan with a petition.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

lol, I just found the last petition this forum started in a "related post" link at the bottom of your thread. It got a whopping 1 signer even though ilcarletto suggested everyone sign with all their stealth names.

https://www.change.org/p/paypal-payp...share_petition
Old 07-18-2019

There are many legit Ebay sellers outside this forum who do not like Ayden.
Australian sellers on Ebay Australia protested Ebay change that they cant enter their bank routing and account number on their listing to receive sales proceeds,Ebay wants them to accept cc payments only,the goverment decides they could.
thats was long time ago when it was much smaller site,dunno how it is now.
BTW,there was Billpoint which is EBAY/WELLS FARGO way of accepting credit card,but Paypal managed to co exist and finally bought by Ebay,Billpoint was discontinued by Ebay.
Old 07-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

You're always talking about outdated scenarios from the past. The reality is that eBay has been needing to get control over payments for years, and the switch to managed payments is ultimately going to be a good thing for buyers and sellers (excluding stealth accounts).

The ones whining about MP on eBay forums are the same posters who whine about every update from eB or PP. They'll have to adapt or go away.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
yankee (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

I have made three Adyen accounts this week. I have no problem with them at all. Now for the majority of people on this forum who turn and burn accounts, it will be a major problem and in my option, that is a very good thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Well, worth a try I guess, Someone just has to create a convincing post on change.org or whitehouse.gov and well see how far we can go.
Old 07-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You're always talking about outdated scenarios from the past. The reality is that eBay has been needing to get control over payments for years, and the switch to managed payments is ultimately going to be a good thing for buyers and sellers (excluding stealth accounts).

The ones whining about MP on eBay forums are the same posters who whine about every update from eB or PP. They'll have to adapt or go away.
if MP is so wonderful,why did they phase out Billpoint,and bought PAYPAL?
I will tell you why?
BEcause Billpoint is inept,Ebay sellers were scammed and Billpoint cant prevent it while Paypal keeps innovating and adding fraud prevention .
Billpoint is Ebay and WFC,after it was set up,the IT staff move on and the clerks have no clue how to prevent fraud,coming from Russia,Albania,Romania,Thailand,Indonesia and more.
But come to think of it,those buyers who lost dispute on Ebay can no longer go to Paypal and open a case.

Last edited by agent006140; 07-18-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I have made three Adyen accounts this week. I have no problem with them at all. Now for the majority of people on this forum who turn and burn accounts, it will be a major problem and in my option, that is a very good thing.
Making the accounts is easy for sure.

The facts about adyen is you're going to need a new LLC for each and every stealth account you use, unless you use someone else's identity. There could be work arounds with using ebay accounts made in countries without it. I have 3 eligible accounts right now, 1 of which is in it, so far it's been no issues with it.

I haven't done extensive research, nor do i know the work arounds, because i only use my one EIN for all of my business.. And i keep my paypals below 20k to keep from getting forms on the stealth info. I just combine it all and pay my taxes monthly both state and federal, my accountant takes care of it all. I can't imagine having 20 different LLC's and having to file sales tax.... and also quarterly reports for 20 different LLC'S. That would be $100x20 each quarter for my accountant to take care of it all... 2k a quarter in accounting. Then 20 end of the year tax returns?? You just increased your chance of an audit x20. I recently was audited by the state labor, i am a single member llc i guess they think i was hiding workers or something. My accountant is taking care of that. Not to mention if you're doing the LLC right, you need 20 business checking accounts. Mid year... one goes down, imagine the headache of having to tell your accountant that, the ein is dead. And 20 is conservative, i have more than that. Oh i forgot, payroll for 20 accounts, if you're a single member llc, there has to be a better solution.... i know you can have as many businesses as you like, but won't it seem weird around llc #35 ?

Maybe i am overthinking this.... Perhaps you can tell me a better way ? And i am talking 100% legal way, i know the shady ways you could get away with it.

Last edited by HurricaneHuntr; 07-18-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-18-2019

"mp"? also when is adyen going to be forced for sure. any set date?
Old 07-18-2019

also I hope no one this wonderful forum takes offense but this "agent" guy seems to ramble a lot. maybe it's me but some of the stuff he says doesn't make sense...
The Following User Says Thank You to harborpoint For This Useful Post:
tinsoldier (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
if MP is so wonderful,why did they phase out Billpoint,and bought PAYPAL?
I will tell you why?
BEcause Billpoint is inept,Ebay sellers were scammed and Billpoint cant prevent it while Paypal keeps innovating and adding fraud prevention .
Billpoint is Ebay and WFC,after it was set up,the IT staff move on and the clerks have no clue how to prevent fraud,coming from Russia,Albania,Romania,Thailand,Indonesia and more.
But come to think of it,those buyers who lost dispute on Ebay can no longer go to Paypal and open a case.
what IT staff move?
Old 07-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborpoint View Post
also I hope no one this wonderful forum takes offense but this "agent" guy seems to ramble a lot. maybe it's me but some of the stuff he says doesn't make sense...
He is like Tits on a boar hog. He doesn't even use stealth. Nobody knows why he is here. He dilutes the forum with garbage mostly. He should have been removed many months ago.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Ebayorbust (07-19-2019), harborpoint (07-19-2019), tinsoldier (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
"mp"? also when is adyen going to be forced for sure. any set date?
MP= Ebay's Managed Payments through Adyen.
Old 07-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Thanks for the chuckle harborpoint
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
harborpoint (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I got a warning from one of the mods for telling him to shut up and stop posting garbage. Somebody clearly thinks his input is valuable.

What mod?

I am honest about the parasite every time I log in.
Old 07-19-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I got a warning from one of the mods for telling him to shut up and stop posting garbage. Somebody clearly thinks his input is valuable.

no,you got a warning for being rude,you get what you deserve.
Do you get out of bed every morning and look out and see folks walking by and start insulting them?
or they said something you do not like,why dont you mute these people?
I can see why you are banned on AMZN,EBAY and probably more !
Old 07-19-2019

Quote:
what IT staff move?
In Data processing practice,once the IT member completed the assignment,he moves on to another project.
IT salary is expensive,the system is up and running,he moves on to take on new assignment unless there are problems with the system or someone requests some new features.
In Bill point case,once it is implemented ,the customer service clerks are the ones left to deal with customers,etc.
A buyer from ALBANIA used stolen cc and bought many designer gowns from several shops,the loss was in 4-5 figures for these sellers,one shop lost $80K plus and got wiped out !

(even AMZN was scammed,it later refused to sell to anyone from Thailand using Thai credit card)
On Yahoo shopping,it was Indonesian orders,Indonesians claiming they are in Singapore and asked you to ship Express,it turned out that Singapore post office when they cant find the address in Singapore,but they notice the country code of ID,they forward to Indonesia.
That was the early days of ecommerce,I am sure there are better fraud prevention tools now.

Last edited by agent006140; 07-19-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-19-2019

The day will come when it does not matter whether you sell 200 /20K,you need SSN to keep an US account-personal or business.
like Paypal said behind every business,there must be a person (s),so what is your SSN,whether it is one person or with directors,the one who is running the show must have SSN.
If you open a foreign account claiming you are in EU,Singapore,Canada,you wll show local IDs ,passport,driver license whatever it takes to verify you and your residence.
These corporations have more resources than us,enjoy your stealth account and rude manners while you still can

« - | Adyen Talk Forum »