Business acc with MP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-23-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Business acc with MP

Curious if anyone has successfully switched to MP that Has a ebay account that's setup with llc and ein?

All my info matches as far as bank, llc etc. But my contact name on ebay is a made up name.

I think my only issue switching over will be if they ask for ID..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-24-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Business acc with MP

My MP account is setup with my LLC and EIN.

But they also requested my SSN and name during registration, and I was not brave enough to give them the EIN + LLC name again like we've always done with Paypal.

I can tell you that if you give your real name during the MP application, the made up name on your account will disappear and your account details will be updated to reflect your real info that you give during the MP application. Basically I converted an account I bought here 6 years ago into a fully legitimate account.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
wordman72 (06-07-2020)
Old 05-24-2020

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

But they also requested my SSN and name during registration, and I was not brave enough to give them the EIN + LLC name again like we've always done with Paypal.

I can tell you that if you give your real name during the MP application, the made up name on your account will disappear and your account details will be updated to reflect your real info that you give during the MP application. Basically I converted an account I bought here 6 years ago into a fully legitimate account.
Hopefully ebay doesn't catch this backdoor. That's really awesome ur able to do that
Old 05-24-2020
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

If you're talking about giving my EIN twice.. I haven't yet tried that with eBay, only Paypal.

But yeah, I thought it was cool how I converted an old stealth account into a real account with my own details. The problem now is that I have another two business accounts needing to be upgraded.. and I don't know how eBay would feel about me giving my EIN/SSN on two more accounts. Could work since the LLC's are all separate entities.. but I'm not sure. :(

Last edited by phaz0rz; 05-24-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-25-2020
Threadstarter  

I don't care about having a legit account the issue is I was banned about 10 years ago that's why I didn't use my real name or ssn..

I'm just afraid if I give them my ID they will link it back to me and shut It down.
Old 05-25-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Were you ever banned?
Old 05-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestman View Post
Were you ever banned?

Yes. There's been no sign of eBay trying to link me back to my old banned personal accounts because of the info I gave on the MP application.

I can't say anything for sure, but based on my own experience so far, I don't think you would have any issues giving your SSN/name along with your business info whenever they ask.
Old 05-26-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:

Hey so I just am trying to get this straight. You have some awesome info btw.

So, before the switch, your Ebay account had the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, but did your Paypal account have the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name too? Or was Paypal your real name, LLC and EIN?

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Davis View Post
Hey so I just am trying to get this straight. You have some awesome info btw.

So, before the switch, your Ebay account had the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, but did your Paypal account have the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name too? Or was Paypal your real name, LLC and EIN?

Thanks for your help.
Both the eBay and Paypal were purchased here around 2013.. so they both had stealth info on file.

The Paypal that came with this account has been dead for years. Prior to being accepted into MP I was using a merchant account on this eBay account.. but eBay purged merchant accounts when they started rolling out MP.

Seems irrelevant, lol, but I hope that helps.
Old 05-27-2020

Quote:
Both the eBay and Paypal were purchased here around 2013.. so they both had stealth info on file.

The Paypal that came with this account has been dead for years. Prior to being accepted into MP I was using a merchant account on this eBay account.. but eBay purged merchant accounts when they started rolling out MP.

Seems irrelevant, lol, but I hope that helps.
So here is my story. Hope you don't mind reading it and giving me some insight. Hopefully I can give some insight too.

Ebay Account 1 (business):
Name 1 = Jesse Davis
LLC 1 = my LLC name

LINKED to

Paypal Account 1 (business):
Name 1 = Jesse Davis
LLC 1 = my LLC name
EIN 1 = my LLC EIN #

Ebay account gets banned.
Paypal account was NOT banned.
I then opened a new LLC.

Ebay Account 2 (personal):
Name 2 = ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name
NO LLC because this is a personal account

Paypal Account 2 (business):
Name 2 = Jesse Davis
LLC 2 = my LLC name
EIN 2 = my LLC EIN #

I plan on NOT linking this Ebay account 2 to the new Paypal account 2 directly.
In Paypal they have an option to add an email address (up to 7 emails)
I plan on sending payments from Ebay to Paypal using the new email address I add to the Paypal. I'll specify the email using the method where you just specify an email address on the listing itself that you are selling. This is NOT linking the Ebay and Paypal together directly.

Do you see any problem with this method? I learned this method from a stealth guide.

Thanks again
Jesse
Old 06-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Yes. There's been no sign of eBay trying to link me back to my old banned personal accounts because of the info I gave on the MP application.

I can't say anything for sure, but based on my own experience so far, I don't think you would have any issues giving your SSN/name along with your business info whenever they ask.
If the data we provide is going through adyen and ebay is not running it, that's so very Important. We could just reuse the ssn/llc , but if it's changing the ebay account details as well, it has to be on the ebay side of things as well. That may down the line cause a link.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
Kobaltbleu (09-25-2021)
Old 06-12-2020

Longevity: 49%

Quote:

Thanks for the great info. I have an old stealth account I'm hoping to do this with.
The Following User Says Thank You to warith3140 For This Useful Post:
Kobaltbleu (09-25-2021)
Old 06-14-2020

great info thanks
Old 09-20-2021

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by warith3140 View Post
Thanks for the great info. I have an old stealth account I'm hoping to do this with.
I know this is an old thread but can you update how this worked?