eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-managed-payments/)
-   -   How to successfully get through MP bank verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-managed-payments/140256-how-successfully-get-through-mp-bank-verification.html)

degsey69 11-21-2020 12:28 AM

How to successfully get through MP bank verification

For anybody signing up to MP do not let them into your bank account by giving your internet banking passwords and letting them go in. Choose that your bank account is not listed and put the details in. They will probably ask you to verify it by them sending 2 small amounts, this works.

Unless it is a legitimate account I know from experience that my USA bank and perhaps others, give them the account openers name that is associated with internet banking. They may start paying you initially if you let them into your internet banking, but they will stop paying the funds the funds, if this happens, open another account and proceed as above and once verified by the 2 small amounts deposited, the funds will flow out into it.

phaz0rz 11-21-2020 07:00 AM

Re: How to successfully get through MP bank verification

The bank verification is done by a 3rd party. Why do you think eBay gets the account owners name from it? People here used Paypal's instant verify for years and it's done by the same 3rd party.

degsey69 11-21-2020 09:24 PM

It’s only recently that I saw the internet bank owners name in eBay for backup payment which was my wife’s, they have never done that info before, luckily for me it was my legitimate account.

motox33 11-27-2020 11:25 PM

so are you saying that if you manually enter the information for banking, it works for mismatch names?

motox33 11-30-2020 09:34 PM

bueller, bueller

degsey69 12-03-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motox33 (Post 1127762)
so are you saying that if you manually enter the information for banking, it works for mismatch names?

Yes it works for mismatched names, in the USA I know, the UK I can not guarantee

refillmastercode 12-03-2020 05:31 PM

I got the MP email today asking to sign up by the end of December, my eBay is all legit info, though my bank account doesn't have the same name on eBay, should I do the same thing when I set up the MP ? Verify with 2 small charges? would they accept Mismatched names?

bytor3k 12-03-2020 05:48 PM

Mismatched back account names isn't a problem if you do the two deposit verification.

Twocoolt 12-03-2020 09:37 PM

How are you setting up MP then if you are using stealth info? I didn’t think you could setup MP using anything other than real info.

motox33 12-04-2020 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsey69 (Post 1128911)
Yes it works for mismatched names, in the USA I know, the UK I can not guarantee

appreciate the response,

thank you

motox33 01-09-2021 03:08 AM

after the two deposit verification, do they ask for a bank statement?

thank you for your time

bytor3k 01-13-2021 11:00 AM

I've been in MP since October, they haven't asked me for anything.

eDay 01-26-2021 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bytor3k (Post 1136218)

Is your account personal or business?

rsot 01-26-2021 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bytor3k (Post 1136218)

High sale amount or no?

michael24 01-26-2021 09:00 AM

I moved into managed payments on my stealth account about 2 weeks ago. I tried doing routing and account # instead of instant verification via login, and eBay rejected the account, saying they could not "verify" it. So I did it again using bank login, and they accepted the account. They sent me my first 2 payouts last week, but then yesterday I got an email that said this: "Your payouts have been temporarily placed on hold while we review some details. Please allow up to 5 days for this review to take place. You'll be notified if we need more information."

Oh, I'm SURE you'll "need more information." lol.

michael24 01-26-2021 09:01 AM

BTW, the stealth account name does NOT match my bank account name. But I have no idea if eBay can see my bank account name or not.

rsot 01-26-2021 09:37 AM

They can't see your true bank account name unless you provide it or they take funds from the account (a receipt is generated showing true name)

degsey69 01-26-2021 01:49 PM

Managed payments can see the name of the person who opened the internet banking portal when you let them in to verify the bank account using the log in and password.

It does not take a brain surgeon or rocket scientist to work out that when you log into your bank account on the dashboard page it says Welcome John Smith or however the name is. The bank web portal does not know who is accessing it and if the details are correct it will give the welcome message and name which gets noted by MP.

I think a lot of people here do not understand the depths that eBay can go to protect themselves.

eDay 01-27-2021 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1138562)
They can't see your true bank account name unless you provide it or they take funds from the account (a receipt is generated showing true name)

If that's case then even if at moment mismatch names could work but in long run it will be trouble, won't it?

michael24 01-27-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsey69 (Post 1138595)
Managed payments can see the name of the person who opened the internet banking portal when you let them in to verify the bank account using the log in and password.

It does not take a brain surgeon or rocket scientist to work out that when you log into your bank account on the dashboard page it says Welcome John Smith or however the name is. The bank web portal does not know who is accessing it and if the details are correct it will give the welcome message and name which gets noted by MP.

I think a lot of people here do not understand the depths that eBay can go to protect themselves.

If what you're saying is true, then stealth is OVER. But then again, if what you're saying is true, stealth should have NEVER worked. I mean isn't this forum made up of people who are running stealth eBay/PP accounts? That means all of them are linking to banks with name mismatches? So how can you say for sure that this is true?

magina 01-27-2021 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsey69 (Post 1138595)

So the best way is just not to use the log-in portal approach?

michael24 02-03-2021 12:46 PM

UPDATE... After only 4 days, eBay released the hold and resumed payouts. All is well.