Stealth account to real info for MP (2021 edition) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Old 03-06-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Exclamation Stealth account to real info for MP (2021 edition)

I've been conflicting things in the multiple threads that have been made about this subject.

1) Some people tried changing their stealth info to real info, months before their MP deadline. Then when the MP deadline came, they registered with their real info.

2) Some people tried calling eBay for permission to transfer accounts from their stealth identity, especially if it uses a family member's info, to their real identity, prior to their MP deadline. Then they proceeded as usual.

3) Some people just applied for MP directly using their real info, without changing the stealth info previously registered on their profiles.

4) Some people registered LLCs, put their real identity as majority shareholder, and their original stealth identity as non-principal shareholder, then signed up for MP as a business account. This incurs extra costs associated with registering the LLC.

Outcomes:

a) For some people, they passed MP with no problems.

b) For others, eBay suspended their account due to information mismatch and demanded an explanation.

I'm just wondering, as of March 2021, is there a proven safe way to change info from stealth to real for MP purposes without eBay suspending the account? My main stealth account has over 5,000 feedback & it would be horrible to lose it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkE For This Useful Post:
waterproof (03-19-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-07-2021

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Stealth account to real info for MP (2021 edition)

not sure if anything is 100% proven way. .... I used an LLC from a "privacy state" like New Mexico, Wyoming, Delaware. Upgraded to biz account on ebay, listed someone I knew as a stakeholder and my real info. The name match was no big deal...ebay even said to change the name on the account. So I used the business as the account holder and names as stakeholder. I gave real address for both stakeholders and business address for account.
used ssn on one name and EIN on the other. (just to see what would happen). I kept getting bounced back as a mismatch. eventually i used EIN for both names and was cleared. Then the bank issue came up. Business Bank accounts DO NOT put individual names on the account statements only on debit/credit etc. I submitted the bank statement with biz name and full (MUST BE THE FULL EIN) which you might need to convince your bank to do that. I did. I kept sending the same statement with a couple of transactions showing the employee name purchases. kept getting bounced back. finally, I sent the statement, list of transactions AND a letter from the bank vice president, simply saying xxx company has an account with our bank. the letter listed the EIN and account number, routing number. next day got email "we verified your bank information" good to go. No issues so far. just remember in terms of "regulatory" requirements, the LLC has the legal financial obligations, the members are only a "back up" for ebay in case there is an issue and they need to contact a person. also, you can list "stakeholders" even if they are not actually on the original documents. stakeholders and investors change all the time, so there's always a transition while filing the paperwork,....hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to landman210 For This Useful Post:
guoguo914 (02-19-2023)
Old 03-09-2021

Longevity: 23%

I am in the process of figuring out what to do to convert to MP. I already used my name and SSN for 1 account. I filed a DBA thinking I can use that instead of LLC but if I want to use an EIN I need to have LLC. When I register my LLC can I use my stealth address as business address? Seems like ebay wants a business checking account and not a personal account. Any suggestions on how to do this.
Old 03-10-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman210 View Post
not sure if anything is 100% proven way. .... I used an LLC from a "privacy state" like New Mexico, Wyoming, Delaware. Upgraded to biz account on ebay, listed someone I knew as a stakeholder and my real info. The name match was no big deal...ebay even said to change the name on the account. So I used the business as the account holder and names as stakeholder. I gave real address for both stakeholders and business address for account.
used ssn on one name and EIN on the other. (just to see what would happen). I kept getting bounced back as a mismatch. eventually i used EIN for both names and was cleared. Then the bank issue came up. Business Bank accounts DO NOT put individual names on the account statements only on debit/credit etc. I submitted the bank statement with biz name and full (MUST BE THE FULL EIN) which you might need to convince your bank to do that. I did. I kept sending the same statement with a couple of transactions showing the employee name purchases. kept getting bounced back. finally, I sent the statement, list of transactions AND a letter from the bank vice president, simply saying xxx company has an account with our bank. the letter listed the EIN and account number, routing number. next day got email "we verified your bank information" good to go. No issues so far. just remember in terms of "regulatory" requirements, the LLC has the legal financial obligations, the members are only a "back up" for ebay in case there is an issue and they need to contact a person. also, you can list "stakeholders" even if they are not actually on the original documents. stakeholders and investors change all the time, so there's always a transition while filing the paperwork,....hope that helps.
Space out future postings for easier reading - just fyi
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
MrAnon (03-12-2021)
Old 03-11-2021
Threadstarter  

LLCs are the safest way, but also the most costly & will have tax implications (technically you're always supposed to report your eBay income even as an individual seller, but many don't if they're below 200/$20k, especially if they're just selling old junk from their home.) LLCs always have to file taxes every year.

Has anyone successfully changed from stealth to real info as an individual without being harassed by eBay afterwards?

Last edited by MarkE; 03-11-2021 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-13-2021

Longevity: 28%

I was linked today. I signed up and stated selling on managed payments in July of 2020. I used all my real info on a stealth account.
After about $112,000 of sales in that time period my account was frozen with MC011. I finally heard back today and they are telling me I was linked to one of my old accounts. The email says they are willing to work with me but it’s all lies as usual with eBay.
My guess is for anyone who signed up with their real info, they are about to start cracking down.
Old 03-14-2021

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditseeds View Post
I was linked today. I signed up and stated selling on managed payments in July of 2020. I used all my real info on a stealth account.
After about $112,000 of sales in that time period my account was frozen with MC011. I finally heard back today and they are telling me I was linked to one of my old accounts. The email says they are willing to work with me but it’s all lies as usual with eBay.
My guess is for anyone who signed up with their real info, they are about to start cracking down.
Oh wow...any further developments on this? Are they going to "work" with you?
Old 03-17-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditseeds View Post
Seriously?? Can you please repost the full MC011 email (with personal details removed if you'd like)? Did you ever get the account restored?
Old 03-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I would like to see this linked email as well, and who did they say you were linked to? You're 100% sure you've never provided ebay your EIN ever before?
Old 09-12-2021

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman210 View Post
Can anyone verify whether this process is viable?
Old 09-12-2021

Longevity: 65%

I’m no newbie really but had an untroubled account for 8 years! Nothing dodgy selling my own bits and bobs, anyway, as my son listed 22 docking stations that sold at over £3500 ebay NOW asked for my ID in stealth name - it’s tied to a legit bank account in my own name - what do I do that works? Change details on eBay form to match my real ID? I was kicked off 8 years ago in that name same address will i be banned if changing names on my 8 year account? CNt risk losing it - going through a divorce and need to sell a ton of stuff!! And hoping to set my Etsy business up on this account - advice really appreciated guys!! Good to know your all still here!!!
Old 09-12-2021

Longevity: 15%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestlyhelpless View Post
I’m no newbie really but had an untroubled account for 8 years! Nothing dodgy selling my own bits and bobs, anyway, as my son listed 22 docking stations that sold at over £3500 ebay NOW asked for my ID in stealth name - it’s tied to a legit bank account in my own name - what do I do that works? Change details on eBay form to match my real ID? I was kicked off 8 years ago in that name same address will i be banned if changing names on my 8 year account? CNt risk losing it - going through a divorce and need to sell a ton of stuff!! And hoping to set my Etsy business up on this account - advice really appreciated guys!! Good to know your all still here!!!
You have 2 options, 1. Find fine creative ID, high risk, 2, change Ebay info. to your name, use your real ID, lower risk. Nowdays with MP, all action with risk, only can hope good luck.
Old 09-12-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestlyhelpless View Post
You can't just change your ID info on ebay - you will to supply the matching ID - best to get creative.