Do dormant accounts get linked? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments

eBay Managed Payments Discussions related to eBay Managed Payments

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-15-2022
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 591
Thanks: 45
Thanked 69 Times in 57 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Do dormant accounts get linked?

had my most active account today get linked to an account I had gotten suspended during the holiday season. that account hadn't done anything wrong and had perfect metrics outside of the fact that I decided to start selling on it way too close to the holiday season, but regardless of that it was a permanent suspension. tried appealing but to no avail

in any case, I was wondering if this process of linking is something that happens to more active or "risky" accounts. in other words, when eBay detects significant activity, maybe that trips some bots to start cross referencing activity to other accounts in their system. because my other 2 accounts that are less active are doing just fine (so far)

any ideas?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 02-15-2022
Hank's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 1,233
Thanks: 38
Thanked 328 Times in 268 Posts
Activity: 43%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Do dormant accounts get linked?

That's what the first rule of stealth is never share any information whatsoever.

If you're getting linked then you've shared an element of your set up, one sufficient for them to make a meaningful link and suspend again.

IMO they don't go looking at specific accounts, they employ bots to do it to all accounts, all of the time. Pretty easy once they have their systems in place.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-15-2022
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 70,716
Thanks: 5,623
Thanked 8,446 Times in 7,749 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Do dormant accounts get linked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
had my most active account today get linked to an account I had gotten suspended during the holiday season. that account hadn't done anything wrong and had perfect metrics outside of the fact that I decided to start selling on it way too close to the holiday season, but regardless of that it was a permanent suspension. tried appealing but to no avail

in any case, I was wondering if this process of linking is something that happens to more active or "risky" accounts. in other words, when eBay detects significant activity, maybe that trips some bots to start cross referencing activity to other accounts in their system. because my other 2 accounts that are less active are doing just fine (so far)

any ideas?
Did you reuse listings overlapping on the identified linked accounts?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-15-2022
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 591
Thanks: 45
Thanked 69 Times in 57 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Do dormant accounts get linked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Did you reuse listings overlapping on the identified linked accounts?
yes, but there's nothing I can do about that. these are the items I sell after all and they're my main revenue stream
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-15-2022
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 591
Thanks: 45
Thanked 69 Times in 57 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Do dormant accounts get linked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
That's what the first rule of stealth is never share any information whatsoever.

If you're getting linked then you've shared an element of your set up, one sufficient for them to make a meaningful link and suspend again.

IMO they don't go looking at specific accounts, they employ bots to do it to all accounts, all of the time. Pretty easy once they have their systems in place.
Everything is kept pretty strict. It might have crossed IPs once or twice out of the thousands of times I've logged on by sheer accident, and as RSOT said Im selling the same items on the account

But the problem is that eBay managed payments requires shareholder information and of course for anyone not using stolen details they're going to have to use real details (in my case, its the same shareholder). Not much I can do about that either

In any case, this question is about links and whether they only apply to active accounts vs dormant accounts. If its the former, I can simply create more accounts and rotate sales more. If its the latter, then I just have to accept the fact that there will be no longevity to these accounts and work around that
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2022
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 70,716
Thanks: 5,623
Thanked 8,446 Times in 7,749 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Do dormant accounts get linked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
yes, but there's nothing I can do about that. these are the items I sell after all and they're my main revenue stream
Reusing the same listing could have caused the issue - at least vary the template
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does eBay delete dormant accounts? walkingupwards eBay Discussion! 5 01-26-2021 05:51 AM
Leaving accounts dormant for a while - thoughts? PyroMan eBay Discussion! 9 09-02-2017 09:04 PM
Are you changing PWs on dormant accounts? Omgoozle Subscriber Discussions 9 05-25-2014 12:38 PM
Tip for storing dormant accounts pod Subscriber Discussions 13 04-01-2012 01:36 AM
Using Dormant Account (years dormant) rockitaway Subscriber Discussions 7 11-16-2011 01:08 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58