Item not as described can lead into law suite! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay News

eBay News Do you have News About eBay? Spill it!

Old 10-10-2014
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Item not as described can lead into law suite!

But then again when you are dealing with dumb idiots, then it's pretty much normal and stupid people.

I don't mean to bash you guys but it's always the Americans with the law suites. I use to live there and law suites are dumb if you ask me.

I remember a company who sells motor homes on the road got sued because in the ad they said "this thing drives on it's own" and the guy got a coffee while driving, and drove off a cliff and took them to court on it. LAME!

Like the lady who put warm coffee between her legs from MCDS and burned her you know what ended up getting $96 or $396 million or whatever it was? Like really?
================================================== ================================================== ================
If I was in court I'd ask the guy to prove he paid for this for so long etc. lol but yeah should of got walmart lawyers! They screw you over even if it's their fault!

GET FREE RED BULL! Energy drink company pays out customers in class action lawsuit | abc7chicago.com

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 02:59PM
For more than two decades, Red Bull has been using the slogan "Red Bull gives you wings," though according to some disappointed customers, that's just not true. And if you've bought a Red Bull in the past 12 years, you're eligible for a cash settlement.

According to industry publication BevNET, the energy drink company agreed to pay out $13,000,000 to settle the U.S. class action lawsuit that had accused the energy drink company of false and misleading advertising claims.

Plaintiff Benjamin Careathers claimed he had been drinking Red Bull since 2002 before filing the lawsuit in 2013 in the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York. Careathers argued that Red Bull had mislead him and consumers about the product's excellence with the slogan "Red Bull gives you wings," and claims of increased performance, concentration and reaction speed.

"Such deceptive conduct and practices mean that (Red Bull's) advertising and marketing is not just 'puffery,' but is instead deceptive and fraudulent and is therefore actionable," the suit argued.

The settlement may include the millions of people who had purchased at least one Red Bull can in the past 12 years. Red Bull has offered class members the option of choosing either a $10 reimbursement, or $15 worth of Red Bull products.

That's right. If you bought a Red Bull between January 1st, 2002 and October 3rd, 2014, Red Bull wants to make things right. All you have to do is register your claim here by March 2nd, 2015 and you're on your way to either some cold hard cash or liquid sugar, take your pick. No proof of purchase required.

Note: those on social media report that the claim site has repeatedly crashed due to a surge in traffic.

In a correspondence with BevNET, Red Bull issued a statement:

"Red Bull settled the lawsuit to avoid the cost and distraction of litigation. However, Red Bull maintains that its marketing and labeling have always been truthful and accurate, and denies any and all wrongdoing or liability."

Despite denials of any wrongdoing, Red Bull has pulled and revised some marketing claims that were challenged in court, according to BevNET.

Did Red Bull fail to "give you wings?" Will you be cashing in on the settlement? Let us know in the comments below.

Last edited by GhostWhoWalks; 10-10-2014 at 04:29 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Item not as described can lead into law suite!

Quote:
I remember a company who sells motor homes on the road got sued because in the ad they said "this thing drives on it's own" and the guy got a coffee while driving, and drove off a cliff and took them to court on it. LAME

hahahahahaha seriously..
that cheered me up
Old 10-10-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Yeah guy won cause the ad said it drives on it's own, meaning it's so comfy right? But yeah such a classic one.
Old 10-11-2014

Longevity: 79%

snopes.com: Cruise Control as Auto Pilot

Social Media Messages Misinterpret Red Bull 'Gives You Wings' Class Action
Old 10-11-2014

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
Yeah guy won cause the ad said it drives on it's own, meaning it's so comfy right? But yeah such a classic one.
I think it's more disturbing that seemingly educated Judges award them a victory and compensation, you would like to think they would tell them to do one and not set a precidence for further law suits of that kind.

^ first use of the new flag, nice!
Old 10-11-2014

Longevity: 77%

I don't like drinking energy drinks, but still I think that Red Bull hasn't been honest in publishing and had false and misleading advertising claims. Like so many other companies.
Old 10-11-2014

Longevity: 62%

Honestly, i never tried redbull. But, I'd be disappointed if i did and i didn't grow wings...
Old 10-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Red bull gives you wings & dead bull gives you mince
Old 10-11-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

LOL The guy getting the BEER is priceless so drinking and driving! WOW He should of had his license taken away!
Old 10-11-2014
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geegee83 View Post
I think it's more disturbing that seemingly educated Judges award them a victory and compensation, you would like to think they would tell them to do one and not set a precidence for further law suits of that kind.

^ first use of the new flag, nice!
The judge is just jealous.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (10-11-2014)