:mad: OMG... EB's "SECRET SELLING LIMIT"?! for real? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay News

eBay News Do you have News About eBay? Spill it!

Old 12-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Thumbs down :mad: OMG... EB's "SECRET SELLING LIMIT"?! for real?

Check this out everyone... posted on ECB. I just had to share here since Ive been on this board for so long... everyone needs to know about this.

Leaked: eBay Hidden Limits Throttle Seller Sales

Despite eBay's denial of hidden seller limits last year, many sellers reported evidence of such a practice. Last week, an eBay employee revealed (seemingly inadvertently) that secret limits do indeed exist, resulting in throttled sales no matter how much a seller tries to grow.

We had raised the issue with eBay last December after a longtime Platinum-level seller had tried unsuccessfully to increase his business on eBay. He had hired more employees, increased inventory and listings, but couldn't grow beyond his current sales. He then stumbled upon the fact that eBay had placed limits on his account without his knowing.

I had reached out to eBay at the time and asked, "Why does eBay show seller limits to only some sellers? For those who want to learn what their seller limits are if they are not visible in My eBay, how do they request them to be shown? And how do they request higher limits?"

Spokesperson Ryan Moore had told EcommerceBytes last December, "If a seller has a limit, he/she will find it in My eBay. Some of the criteria that goes into how a limit is set: Selling performance of sellers; Tenure/ length of selling history; Desired listing volume. A seller can request higher limits by 1) Navigating to the Increase Selling Limits option in My eBay and/or contacting CS directly."

But last week, an eBay employee named Jarvis with the User ID jaknox@ebay.com listed nine practices in which eBay limits sellers accounts, including "silent limits" that are hidden from sellers.

There are several types of limits that sellers may experience when selling, he wrote:

- Site Wide Limits (SWL, referred to as "selling limits")
- Silent limits (limits placed on an account that can't be seen by the seller)
- URC limits (User Risk Code, limits reduced or placed on an account due to concerns)
- Category limits
- BTAC limits (Building Trust by Reducing Counterfeits, for branded items)
- Hot item limits
- Multi-Account limits
- Velocity limits
- feedback limits

The post went viral, with sellers emailing EcommerceBytes, many expressing outrage at the secrecy of eBay's practices.

One seller believes the reason for the limits is because there are too few buyers, no advertising, and far too many sellers.

And, she said, "What good is complying w/ a KNOWN Policy and rating levels, when there is ANOTHER, "hidden" parameter that you may/may not be failing in? And what of a Seller who invests in, say, $10,000 in inventory, begins to list those items, only to be told, "You are limited to listing X items". What is THAT Seller to do when planning a business strategy?"

Another Platinum-level seller who raised the issue of eBay throttling last year wrote to me again after reading Jarvis's thread on the eBay boards. He believes the limits are in place on smaller seller accounts so eBay can meet their promises to large box sellers of guaranteed sell through rates.

"Cassini is not the groundbreaking each engine we were all led to believe it would be," he wrote. "It is simply a control mechanism for eBay. Sellers have been spent way too much time trying to figure it out - which again is what eBay wants you to be focusing on - when really it makes no difference what you do. eBay is in control."

Another seller noted the seller limits policy cited by the eBay employee last week are different from eBay's policy published on its website.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: :mad: OMG... EB's "SECRET SELLING LIMIT"?! for real?

I have always assumed that these existed. I didn't know the exact criteria or anything, but these are not surprising. That is why I am on Amazon and promote my own site as well. And it is one more reason to use stealth.

Relying on any ONE venue for an online business can be dangerous. eBay and Amazon are GREAT when you are their darling, but not so great when suddenly - one day - you find your account with 10,000 positive feedbacks and 10 years of history is toast. And it can happen to ANY USER at ANY TIME. Many people who find this forum do so after experiencing it firsthand. Hell, before I got kicked off, I thought only crooks and counterfeiters got kicked off of eBay. But that turned out to be untrue.

The bottom line here for us is, don't get caught up in any of this nonsense. If you want more sales, the answer is more accounts. Because if you want to do things according to eBay's rules, then THEY are in FULL CONTROL of your business and they can put you OUT OF BUSINESS in a heartbeat.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
flowclothingco (08-12-2015), kittylove (05-07-2018), Salvo (12-18-2014), YvlEye (12-14-2014)
Old 12-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I have always assumed that these existed. I didn't know the exact criteria or anything, but these are not surprising. That is why I am on Amazon and promote my own site as well. And it is one more reason to use stealth.

Relying on any ONE venue for an online business can be dangerous. eBay and Amazon are GREAT when you are their darling, but not so great when suddenly - one day - you find your account with 10,000 positive feedbacks and 10 years of history is toast. And it can happen to ANY USER at ANY TIME. Many people who find this forum do so after experiencing it firsthand. Hell, before I got kicked off, I thought only crooks and counterfeiters got kicked off of eBay. But that turned out to be untrue.

The bottom line here for us is, don't get caught up in any of this nonsense. If you want more sales, the answer is more accounts. Because if you want to do things according to eBay's rules, then THEY are in FULL CONTROL of your business and they can put you OUT OF BUSINESS in a heartbeat.
Amen Brother!
Old 12-13-2014
Banned

Longevity: 65%

this is like the third thread on this same exact topic I think
The Following User Says Thank You to dealagreeproceed For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (12-15-2014)
Old 12-13-2014

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to sln531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Player View Post
Check this out everyone... posted on ECB. I just had to share here since Ive been on this board for so long... everyone needs to know about this.

Leaked: eBay Hidden Limits Throttle Seller Sales

Despite eBay's denial of hidden seller limits last year, many sellers reported evidence of such a practice. Last week, an eBay employee revealed (seemingly inadvertently) that secret limits do indeed exist, resulting in throttled sales no matter how much a seller tries to grow.

We had raised the issue with eBay last December after a longtime Platinum-level seller had tried unsuccessfully to increase his business on eBay. He had hired more employees, increased inventory and listings, but couldn't grow beyond his current sales. He then stumbled upon the fact that eBay had placed limits on his account without his knowing.

I had reached out to eBay at the time and asked, "Why does eBay show seller limits to only some sellers? For those who want to learn what their seller limits are if they are not visible in My eBay, how do they request them to be shown? And how do they request higher limits?"

Spokesperson Ryan Moore had told EcommerceBytes last December, "If a seller has a limit, he/she will find it in My eBay. Some of the criteria that goes into how a limit is set: Selling performance of sellers; Tenure/ length of selling history; Desired listing volume. A seller can request higher limits by 1) Navigating to the Increase Selling Limits option in My eBay and/or contacting CS directly."

But last week, an eBay employee named Jarvis with the User ID jaknox@ebay.com listed nine practices in which eBay limits sellers accounts, including "silent limits" that are hidden from sellers.

There are several types of limits that sellers may experience when selling, he wrote:

- Site Wide Limits (SWL, referred to as "selling limits")
- Silent limits (limits placed on an account that can't be seen by the seller)
- URC limits (User Risk Code, limits reduced or placed on an account due to concerns)
- Category limits
- BTAC limits (Building Trust by Reducing Counterfeits, for branded items)
- Hot item limits
- Multi-Account limits
- Velocity limits
- feedback limits

The post went viral, with sellers emailing EcommerceBytes, many expressing outrage at the secrecy of eBay's practices.

One seller believes the reason for the limits is because there are too few buyers, no advertising, and far too many sellers.

And, she said, "What good is complying w/ a KNOWN Policy and rating levels, when there is ANOTHER, "hidden" parameter that you may/may not be failing in? And what of a Seller who invests in, say, $10,000 in inventory, begins to list those items, only to be told, "You are limited to listing X items". What is THAT Seller to do when planning a business strategy?"

Another Platinum-level seller who raised the issue of eBay throttling last year wrote to me again after reading Jarvis's thread on the eBay boards. He believes the limits are in place on smaller seller accounts so eBay can meet their promises to large box sellers of guaranteed sell through rates.

"Cassini is not the groundbreaking each engine we were all led to believe it would be," he wrote. "It is simply a control mechanism for eBay. Sellers have been spent way too much time trying to figure it out - which again is what eBay wants you to be focusing on - when really it makes no difference what you do. eBay is in control."

Another seller noted the seller limits policy cited by the eBay employee last week are different from eBay's policy published on its website.

You have completely copied and hijacked thread from another forum!
Old 12-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...2014-a-11.html

Exact quote is already in an active thread

Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

sln531 - He didn't hijack anything.
In the very first line he states that this is from another site: "Check this out everyone... posted on ECB."
Old 12-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

- Hot item limits
- Multi-Account limits
- Velocity limits

Makes logical sense
Old 12-14-2014

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to sln531

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
sln531 - He didn't hijack anything.
In the very first line he states that this is from another site: "Check this out everyone... posted on ECB."
My bad i did not see that! But soon as i seen the thread i knew it was from another forum no biggie.
Old 12-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
- Hot item limits
- Multi-Account limits
- Velocity limits

Makes logical sense
Yea, I really don't see anything surprising here. As much as I have issues with eBay. This is really basic you have to build up trust with eBay if you want to grow into a Platnium + level seller.

Most of the Senior members on here have always told members who said I got an unlimited account. It is not a hall pass were you can go crazy. Some rules still do apply treat it careful. But seldom do members listen.
Old 12-15-2014

Longevity: 54%

A company like eBay has to protect its own interest somehow and there is nothing we can do about it. We accepted their terms and conditions so we must abide by their rules. Hate to say it but we are at their mercy.
Old 12-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by john007 View Post
A company like eBay has to protect its own interest somehow and there is nothing we can do about it. We accepted their terms and conditions so we must abide by their rules. Hate to say it but we are at their mercy.
Agreed, honestly if you are a platinum seller. You probably are not using eBay Stealth. You need to get on the phone and talk to someone I am sure they will pick up with those kinds of fees every month. This article is actually nonsense to be honest.
Old 12-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

At their mercy, sure - but there are tools to use to your advantage
Old 12-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
At their mercy, sure - but there are tools to use to your advantage
Haha. Absolutely correct. RSOT I think I have a man crush on you. You are my Favorite member on here.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
rsot (12-15-2014)
Old 12-15-2014

Tools? to which are you referring to?
Old 12-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by john007 View Post
Tools? to which are you referring to?
Stealth method...wise members...decent sellers on the forums...a few of many tools
Old 12-15-2014

oh them tools haha yea!