Paypal hijacks my $2500 for 6 months - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions > eBay & Paypal Horror Stories

eBay & Paypal Horror Stories Do you have an eBay or Paypal horror story? This is the place to tell it!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Paypal hijacks my $2500 for 6 months

if you do business on paypal, most liekly at some point, it will be you...

This is me right now...

January 29 to current:

I sold a series of products on ebay during january. 150 to be exact All were paid for, and almost all left positive feedback. Almost all, meaning, some haven’t left feedback yet. But feedback is 100%, with perfect sales ratio’s, because “all” my customers are happy. After the sales cycle finished, Paypal froze my account and ALL monies in the account. They demanded copies of my invoices and inventories. I provided what they asked for. – After this, they then started asking for contracts and agreements between my vendor and their wholesaler. This is not legal to ask, and they are requiring the impossible, knowing full well I cannot provide that legally. It is a trap, so they don’t have to release my funds of $2,453.89. They are threatening to hold onto my money for 180 days (6 months), by requiring me to commit criminal activities, to receive the moneys that is already mine, not theirs. I sent them an official letter asking them to release my monies, or I would pursue legal actions, including complaints. They responded by saying “Go Ahead”, we’re still going to hold “your” money for 180 days (6 months). They (paypal staff) are fully aware they asked me to commit crimes, but do not care, since I am not legally able to record “their” phone conversation asking me to do so.

Update for today: Many of my customers have contacted paypal and said everything is genuine, no problems, nothing. Paypal has told most of them it is none of their business or lied and said my account isn’t even frozen…. But, today, I also got a final DENIED, we’re going to hold you funds for 180 days, but you can provide refunds if you like….

Welcome to paypal….. don’t get sucked in, because if you have a balance that is a large sum like that, they WILL get you….. Release date of my money: June 29, 2010…. There is no just in case anymore.... These people need jailed....
The Following User Says Thank You to b101aa2 For This Useful Post:
Hans (07-30-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Unless you have a law degree, then some of what you have said will not wash. paypal have written their T&S to suit themselves. I'm not going to get into a debate about what is right and what is not. You had a contract with them: that you have fallen foul of their implied terms is typical of how paypal act.
Welcome to the world of mistreatment by paypal
Welcome to the forum
Old 02-02-2010

Next stop... eBay Stealth!
Old 02-03-2010
Threadstarter  

no problem greanbean. i've micro tore apart every aspect of both ebay and paypal's tos's.... might be a bit of grey area, but you'd be surprised.... digital products, or just registration keys; as long as they are legal and authenticate, there is nothing in either ebay or paypal's own tos that restricts them.... key is, legal.

had a post going in ebay's own forum on the topic... i think i woke some people up on the fact, that ebay and paypal's tos is full of holes, cause they kept trying to spout off terms of service stuff and restricted item stuff.... i said, show me.... they tried... they failed...

paypal hates me, because i caught them in a legal issue when they required me to provide agreements between my vendor and their wholesaler. sorry, it is not legal to require that, yet alone ask for it.

Same as:

Person goes to Best Buy and purchases a cd.

Person turns around and sells it on ebay.

Paypal then freezes their account and demands proof of receipt before they will release funds.

Person then provides the receipt.

Some paypal CSR is having a bad morning, so he says that is not good enough... Paypal wants Best Buy's invoices between Best Buy and their distributor....

Oops. Last part is impossible, and Paypal sure does not have any legal right to demand that before releasing funds.

So, paypal threatens the person and says they are going to hold the persons money for 6 months. And if the person says Paypal conducted an illegal activity, which makes the entire contract void, and says to Paypal they need to release funds. Who cares really what an item is, since it is proven a legal item anyways and Paypal does still have to release funds, because it is unlawful for them to keep the funds, once paypal breached contract.... What does Paypal say? So what.... Sue us....

Crimes: Embezzlement, Wire Fraud, Racketeering, SEC and FTC Violations, Operating with powers of an FDIC Insured Financial Institution but absolutely does not have those authorities nor is fdic insured... I am sure there are a few hundred more laws broken by Paypal, just on that topic, but those are very big ones that could end the company overall.

And that in a nut shell is what they have done to me.... Use Paypal at your own risk.... It's dangerous just to have a $20 in the account, yet alone be a good customer for years now and have a balance of over $2,000.

cheers and look in their tos's for loopholes. every subject i have reviewed, i am fully capable of rebutting and making void.
Old 02-03-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by b101aa2 View Post
Crimes: Embezzlement, Wire Fraud, Racketeering, SEC and FTC Violations, Operating with powers of an FDIC Insured Financial Institution but absolutely does not have those authorities nor is fdic insured... I am sure there are a few hundred more laws broken by Paypal, just on that topic, but those are very big ones that could end the company overall.

I agree with you, but the problem is, they're not a bank. People assume they are, a legit merchant cannot do these things. Paypal is a middle man for funds, not really a merchant. Again, I agree with you. The easiest solution to the whole problem is to get paid directly, just like the good old days.
Old 02-03-2010

Very similiar thing happened to me this week, over 3k in paypal(good thing I have amazon to fall back on). I haven't gotten my 180 day notice yet, but I assume I will here within the next week :(

Now I am here to say :P expect to be seeing a lot more of me!
Old 02-04-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by b101aa2 View Post
no problem greanbean. i've micro tore apart every aspect of both ebay and paypal's tos's.... might be a bit of grey area, but you'd be surprised.... digital products, or just registration keys; as long as they are legal and authenticate, there is nothing in either ebay or paypal's own tos that restricts them.... key is, legal.

had a post going in ebay's own forum on the topic... i think i woke some people up on the fact, that ebay and paypal's tos is full of holes, cause they kept trying to spout off terms of service stuff and restricted item stuff.... i said, show me.... they tried... they failed...

paypal hates me, because i caught them in a legal issue when they required me to provide agreements between my vendor and their wholesaler. sorry, it is not legal to require that, yet alone ask for it.

Same as:

Person goes to Best Buy and purchases a cd.

Person turns around and sells it on ebay.

Paypal then freezes their account and demands proof of receipt before they will release funds.

Person then provides the receipt.

Some paypal CSR is having a bad morning, so he says that is not good enough... Paypal wants Best Buy's invoices between Best Buy and their distributor....

Oops. Last part is impossible, and Paypal sure does not have any legal right to demand that before releasing funds.

So, paypal threatens the person and says they are going to hold the persons money for 6 months. And if the person says Paypal conducted an illegal activity, which makes the entire contract void, and says to Paypal they need to release funds. Who cares really what an item is, since it is proven a legal item anyways and Paypal does still have to release funds, because it is unlawful for them to keep the funds, once paypal breached contract.... What does Paypal say? So what.... Sue us....

And that in a nut shell is what they have done to me.... Use Paypal at your own risk.... It's dangerous just to have a $20 in the account, yet alone be a good customer for years now and have a balance of over $2,000.

cheers and look in their tos's for loopholes. every subject i have reviewed, i am fully capable of rebutting and making void.
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
"Those cease and desist letters are a bigger fraud then selling the jerseys! The way this whole thing works is through the eBay VeRo Program. This program exists merely so that eBay cannot ever be liable for any counterfeit items sold on their site. Some companies, ex. Adidas Corp., severely abuse the VeRo program. They will have eBay pull down jersey listings that are 100% authentic simply because they do not want ANY competition! IF you are selling an authentic product, you CAN win a lawsuit against these guys easily! I have friend who sells fabric with different licensed companies on those fabrics (ex. disney, etc.). She has been the victim of VeRo cancellations on eBay probably 100+ times. She sells ONLY 100% authentic items. Each and every time she receives a VeRo cancellation on an item you better believe that company receives a court order within 7 days!

If, and ONLY IF, you are selling an authentic product that is made by adidas corp. (Adidas, Reebok, Mitchell & Ness, etc.), you can go to your local county court and request a citation be issued to the management of the company who has pulled your eBay listing. Adidas Corp would have to send a Business rep. to YOUR local magistrate court. 9999/10000 times the company will drop their claims against you on eBay as they know that it is much more expensive for them to fly a rep out to your location for such a small scale situation. On occasion, you can even file suit against these companies for "interference with business."

I was selling an authentic Willis McGahee signed Miami U jersey that Adidas Corp pulled down. With the assistance of my friend I had a court order summons filed against the company that mandated they withdrawal the eBay claim against me or send a company rep to my local court district to dispute the situation. In addition, I filed an interference with business suit against the company. As expected they did not pursue any legal ramifications against me and withdrew their claims on eBay. They also had to pay me the estimate appraisal value on the jersey which was $714. It ended up working out pretty well for me because I would have probably gotten around $200 for the jersey on eBay.

The best part is, I COULD buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗ jerseys on eBay and sell them all day long if I wanted to now as Adidas Corp would not dare touch me with the risk that I actually was selling authentics. The court stated that if any further listings of mine were pulled without just cause that adidas Corp would be liable at a penalty of $8,000 per listing!

SO, if you were selling authentic merchandise from this company, I HIGHLY recommend that you pursue legal compensation for theme interfering with your business. I truthfully do not even know if it is Adidas Corp that is the big bully here, or if their Lawyers are taking advantage of the situation. I truthfully feel as though there is some SERIOUS dirty work going on with them. Gibney and Anthony controls the Adidas Corp VeRo membership on eBay. It wouldn't surprise me one single bit if they saw an opportunity to extort jersey sellers on eBay. Of course if you get a letter scaring the **** out of you and demanding $450 or $950, whatever it is, you are going to more than likely pay up. I can GUARANTEE you that adidas Corp probably never sees a dime of that money, NOR do they likely even know that Gibney and Anthony is making those demands.

I am a small cat with no legal background. When this company screws with the wrong person, they are going to be seriously sorry. Eventually, it will happen and Gibney Anthony will probably end up being liable for several hundred thousand dollars, if not into the millions in suits against them.

In the end, I should probably start purchasing authentic jerseys and just PRAY that they cancel my listing. That will be a delightful $8K in my pocket!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stealth For This Useful Post:
abp (08-03-2011), NotAHappyBunny (07-12-2011)
Old 02-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
Very similiar thing happened to me this week, over 3k in paypal(good thing I have amazon to fall back on). I haven't gotten my 180 day notice yet, but I assume I will here within the next week :(

Now I am here to say :P expect to be seeing a lot more of me!

corleone, pm me with details and contact. so long as both apply 1. u.s. resident 2. all items are legal.

i proved to paypal all my sales are legal and provided proof of details, along with customers are still calling paypal as of today and telling them everything is authenticate..... paypal could care less. they posted 5th quarter revenue gains of 16%.... Wonder where that came from...... MMMM.... could it be the hundreds of millions they are stealing from ebay and paypal users? If I had to guess... YES!
Old 05-01-2010

Longevity: 81%

When I started to sell fast on ebay, at $100/hr, suddenly ebay suspended my account. I'm selling legit products, which I get from wholesalers.

I had the instinct to withdraw paypal immediately, whatever I earned there. They just gave me $900usd direct to my bank account. No problem.

So, maybe withdraw your paypal asap, or within a certain limit, withdraw it to your bank account.
Old 10-24-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Yep, I actually just had around 1K froze up in PP...even when I withdraw just MINUTES after getting the payment. It just happens, part of doing biz w/ pp
Old 11-11-2010

Longevity: 78%

yes i agree....they should be slowly tochered, they make me sick.....
Old 11-11-2010

Longevity: 81%

he should be able to receive his funds by now
Old 11-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Forget what's fair or not. Unfortunately doesn't apply
1. PayPal and eBay can do business with who they want and deny who they want. Its not a right.
2. PayPal isn't stealing anything. They release the money after they are protected from chargebacks.

Does how they treat people suck? Hell ya. Is it illegal? No

We have all felt your frustration. But they can and will do what the want and thats that I'm afraid
Old 07-12-2011

Longevity: 74%

paypal are currently holding 3 of my accounts with over 200 in each one for 180 days!!!!! nothing i can do about it #]
eBay Stealth ALL THE WAY !!!!!!
Old 07-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You can try calling them in 90 days or so and bargaining.
Closed Thread