Ebay is about to DESTROY me & my family Part 1 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions > eBay & Paypal Horror Stories

eBay & Paypal Horror Stories Do you have an eBay or Paypal horror story? This is the place to tell it!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Ebay is about to DESTROY me & my family Part 1

I started on eBay in 1998 when my brother told me it was a good place to sell baseball cards.

That was the year I was getting married and I ended up selling my entire collection, 8 huge boxes shipped UPS from Oregon to New Jersey to the same guy. I received $1505.00 for my collection, enough to pay for our honeymoon later that summer.

From 1999 to 2001 I used eBay to buy a thing or two a month, and I'd sell the occasional item I picked up at a garage sale cheap or if I got a gift from an aunt that I was never going to wear...

Then in 2002 Champion, the sportswear store had an outlet store sale and I bought 10 NFL football jerseys for 5$ each. There were several big names, Jerry Rice, Brett Favre, ect... I listed those, and barely got back my money. Disappointed, I listed the final two jerseys, which were of not-too popular NFL players. Those two jerseys sold for $33 and 45$!

I couldn't believe it, and then I figured it out. The popular players get their jerseys distributed all over the country, and there is plenty of supply to meet demand, but the scrub backup quarterback for the Chargers isn't going to sell many jerseys outside of his town, but he probably has fans all over the country who can't get his jersey, and those are the ones who will bid the items up.

So I started buying all the jersey for the worst players I could find, even kickers' jerseys! I then moved into basketball jerseys and soccer jersey. I'd drive 500 miles round trip in a day to pick up and pay for 400 jerseys in a single day, spend the following week listing and shipping them, and do it all over again.

Then my sources dried up, the Champion Outlet store closed, so did a Sam Goody where I was getting DVD's cheap and flipping them. So I accepted a job selling cars.

From 2004-2007 I sold used cars. I was salesman of the month more times than not, but despite selling more cars than anyone else at the dealership year after year, I refused to make ANY customer pay full price. Instead, I would tell them right off the bat to think of me as their agent, and if I couldn't get a deal done for them, then I didn't get paid.

My wife and I (still married, it's now been almost 12 years) had another son, & with me working 80 hours a week, sometimes more, she said she was raising one son without a father and didn't want to make it two.

So just like that, I left the car business. Walked away, didn't look back, even after offered a nice raise to return, it wasn't worth the strain on my integrity and my family.

So I slowly got back into eBay. Selling whatever I could find, liquidating years of things I collected. Making just enough to pay our bills. Nothing fancy.

About a year ago, when money got tight for everyone, I started selling things for friends. Just to help them out. I sold a "Hello Kitty" waffle maker for a friend. It sold for close to $100. When I gave her the cash (I only took out the eBay seller fees) she cried. She was so excited, and was hoping to get $10 out of it. So she gave me some more stuff, and then she told about 10 of her friends.

So within a couple months, I'm back to selling 10 new items a day for other people, taking a small cut out of each transaction.

That was fine, but now I have two boys and a wife, an expensive rental house we live in (signed the lease when I was making more money being a car sales slave)

Then out of the blue, BAM. My eBay account is limited, I can't list new items. No outstanding disputes, feedback of 99.8... And of course, they wouldn't tell me why.

We do some figuring and one of my brothers had an old eBay account he didn't pay the closing fees on. It was I believe, $158. So I asked if I could pay that for him, and restore my account, I didn't care about his. They said yes, and I transfered it to them via paypal.

One DAY LATER I'm limited again, & told I can't get a new account, or re-open this one, my eBay fees are due immediately, ect...

So I try appealing, using common sense. My brother who lived with me in 1998 right before I got married, stiffed eBay for some seller fees, which I paid many years later, and because I was unfortunate enough to be related to him, NO ONE in my family can have an eBay account EVER again? What?

I asked how much money I paid eBay in fees the previous year, they wouldn't answer. But my bill ran between $200 all the way up to one crazy month when it was $800. I figured in the 10 years I had paid eBay something close to $40,000, and that was with taking some time off and not listing anything.

Now I still had people bringing me things to sell for them, which I couldn't because eBay banned my whole family, and these people had gotten used to me helping them out, so I did all that I could do, I would check eBay's completed auctions, and I would offer 50 cents on the dollar for what that item sold for in the past week or two. And I poured every cent I had into all sorts of items that are of value on eBay, electric airplanes, a collection of 300+ DVD's (I paid $1.25 each for them) Portable DVD players, Columbia Ski outfits, hardly used wrestling shoes, a 32 inch TV brand new in the box, a Macbook Pro Laptop brand new in box with receipt, even a boat, a trailor that transported milk (which I sold to a guy who turned it into a water pump truck trailor used to fight fires with, which made me feed good and made me a few hundred dollars)

So the stuff piled up and I asked my friend, the same woman who cried when I sold her Hello Kitty Waffle maker for almost $100 and was honest with her and didn't take out some for myself, if I could "be partners" with her, and use her eBay account, which was over a year old and had a score of 11.

Karma paid off for me, of course she let me. And I started to list those items again, raised enough money to take the next step, which was telling my wife and family and all my friends, that I was starting basically an eBay store here in my hometown.

No more people showing up at my house at all hours to have me look up what I could give them for stuff, no more answering my cell phone 20 times a day offering quotes on things that people are trying to decide if they should sell it or not. An actual storefront, with display cases, windows, a neon OPEN sign, even its own bathroom.

I didn't copy anyone elses material, in fact, I never once looked at how anyone else did it so I wouldn't be stealing anyone elses idea, I came up with my own contract, and I'd either offer to buy things for 50% of it's value on the spot, or I'd list it for them and take a cut of 25% of the item's final sold price, but people wouldn't get their money for 8-10 days.

So I purchase a new computer, signed a 2-year lease at $450 a month for the store, buy display cases, that Neon sign, a large sign for outside the store, registered with the state of Oregon for a business license, with the city for the sign permit, and business license for operating within city limits.

I am decorating the store, literally set to open officially within a week and BANG. Another eBay account suspension, they IP hit me when I did some work from home, rather than at the store. I wasn't aware of the IP thing...

Ok, so how in the world can I make this work now? Do I have to find a business partner and use his info? Should I try to sign up in my 10-year old's name and social, can I use the new business that I set up's Tax ID number?

You would think I could start this business under the TAX ID number, especially when it has a differnet location, name, bank account, ect...

But they yesterday, the worst part. They froze my paypal account. Somthing like 1200.00 in there, more actually. And I had made a $500 transfer to my account earlier in the week, they REVERSED that back into my account!!!

I talked to them, and in 180 days, yep, in 6 months they will release the money to me. What about the auctions I had going with furious bidding on them? DELETED by eBay. What about the people who owe me money for items they won and now can't pay because Paypal has limited that feature?
You have to write them and tell them you are sorry was the response I got.

Now I have an empty store, twice the bills I did a couple months ago, I'm TRYING to support my family, and take care of others by paying double what the pawn shops pay them.
I would go down and take a picture of my empty store for you, but it just bums me out.
CONTINUED (it was too long and I couldn't cut enough)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-29-2010
Threadstarter  

The first time I got back on eBay, I treated it like a fragile egg. Everything was shipped by the next day, I listed my most valuable stuff FIRST, in case they ever decided to limit me again.

You would think eBay would WANT to do business with someone like me, especially now that I have people asking me to sell their items for them several times a day.

Maybe I could send them my rental agreement for the store?

Sure I can get yet another account in another name, but what about when this happens while I'm open, what could I do then? When you sell an item for someone else, they generally look up that item constantly, a couple times a day at a minimum. What about when eBay ends all the auctions, what will I tell my customers?

And even now, with my money siezed, rent due, each DAY I'm not on eBay costs me another $50 in debt that I can't crawl out of.

My father is a missionary in Singapore. My mother is the faithfull pastor's wife. "There's no grace with this company, is there?" she said to me yesterday. And yes, THIS STORY GETS WORSE...

Because I'd transfered her and my dad money in the past couple months for their Bible distribution efforts, their paypal account was locked with close to $1,000 in it.

Now Paypal is seizing money meant to spread the gospel to those in communist countries. Why? Because they're obviously related to me.

My mom called them, shocked. "Even while I was on hold with paypal they said, think of us as a safety deposit box, well, what safety deposit box would hold onto your stuff for 180 days and terminate the agreement on a whim just because someone in your family made some wrong choices?

People can declare for bankrupcy, buy a new house and car and get credit cards 6 months after a bankrupcy. And here we are, paying for our past mistakes in full, and unable to catch a break.

I haven't slept a wink since yesterday's discovery of all my auctions ended, my funds seized and my mom and dad's missionary money siezed, in full, not just what I sent them...

I have all these bills, my store which sits empty ready to go, I just can't open and be paying for items with no place to sell them...

Keep me in your prayers if you will. Or offer suggestions?
God Bless.
Old 04-29-2010

Sorry for my language here, i really really do feel for you. Absolutely F-in disgraceful!! It's sad to see how low eBay has sunk. But obviously they can get away with doing what they want. Both paypal and eBay continually ruin peoples businesses day after day.

I can't really imagine how you must feel. I don't have to support a family, only myself but i finish university this year so i need a job, thinking of going fully online with my business.

Best thing i could offer to you is to create a stealth account or two. (I know it may seem dishonest with you being a faithful person and all) But really, do they deserve it?

Then i would suggest you find some useful wholesalers and do a bit of market research on what sells the best and what has the best profit margins. Some i recommend would be:

Dhgate.com and with you buying a USA resident try Liquidation.com. (Many more can be found looking through forums)

I know money must be hard so you could perhaps try drop-shipping to earn a bit of revenue so you can buy your stock in bulk

Hope all works out. PM me if you need any help!
Old 04-30-2010

I am soo sorry it happened to you! No one deserves it especially people like you!!

It's very hard to give a piece of advice in this case..I would recommend going "stealth" but as Fizzy Vimto mentioned it's hard to do "being a faithful person and all"....you have to decide for yourself...."treat people the way they treat you" might not work in this case...

On the other side, you have to support your family and pay all these countless bills...why not to give it a try?

I know you can't afford the Stealth Book..May be some of us can chip in and buy it for you, Aspkin might even give us some discount...

I've been digging this forum for two months and saved a lot of useful info in my user CP...I can share it with you...

Let us know what you decided to do and we will help you out. There are so many helpful people here, on this forum!
Old 04-30-2010

Yeah i'd help you out no problem. No offence though it would probably be better coming from an American as im not well up on the SSN issue, banks and what not!
Old 04-30-2010

Longevity: 89%

So sorry to hear about your problem with ebay and Paypal. Ebay can get away with anything i have never came across a company that destroys people lives over nothing.
Good luck, this forum would help you out alot.
Old 04-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Thank you so much for the love and support so far. I am for sure going to go stealth, I have no choice with my $450 rent due every month, I actually have another payment due on the 5th of this month.

Plus I have thousands of dollars worth of product that has absolutely taken over my garage, and people have been counting on me to sell their things for them, so there's that.

Yes, I intend to get the book, how could I pay with no Paypal? I have used the paypal debit card as my credit card and now that's gone too. I just discovered with them locking my account, that I need to find a new way to pay my internet bill for both home and the empty store, my newspaper subscription, cell phone bill and many other things I had being taken out every month off my paypal debit card. What a mess.

Again, thanks for the support, I will take all the advice and words of wisdom I can get!
Old 04-30-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonSingleDad View Post
I intend to get the book, how could I pay with no Paypal?
Alternative Payment Options :eBay Stealth - eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Guide

OR...try one of the Trial Pay Offers

Old 04-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

This is a path that most users here have been on. Now's the time for you to start taking the steps to get over your hurdles. As for the financial side,face the probability that you need to re-house and regroup sooner rather than later. Specifically re-do your finances.EG, do you really need a newspaper subscription? Some things you are going to have to go without until you successfully get back to ebay. You have given the story, now act.
That's my two cents.
Now you need to learn what to do. ebay is not nice (think The Devil).
Go read the forum. Come back to this thread and tell me what plan you have worked out that will allow you to win. I can assure you I will help you tweak that plan. Now in case you think I am hard, I got given the same help when I first joined. Nothing is easy. But you need to start.
Old 05-01-2010
Banned

Longevity: 91%

If you weren't up to no good there's no reason why you cannot reinstate your accounts in the future, use a friends account or read the Stealth Book and set one up for the time being.

Last edited by vetus; 05-01-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-01-2010

Singapore is not communist.
Old 05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonSingleDad View Post
Thank you so much for the love and support so far. I am for sure going to go stealth, I have no choice with my $450 rent due every month, I actually have another payment due on the 5th of this month.

Plus I have thousands of dollars worth of product that has absolutely taken over my garage, and people have been counting on me to sell their things for them, so there's that.

Yes, I intend to get the book, how could I pay with no Paypal? I have used the paypal debit card as my credit card and now that's gone too. I just discovered with them locking my account, that I need to find a new way to pay my internet bill for both home and the empty store, my newspaper subscription, cell phone bill and many other things I had being taken out every month off my paypal debit card. What a mess.

Again, thanks for the support, I will take all the advice and words of wisdom I can get!
go to sell.com?

I also have problems with ebay. This is my 2nd suspension in 2 weeks.

So, easiest way is to withdraw your money once you reach a certain limit, to pay your bills?
The Following User Says Thank You to alphonsus2010 For This Useful Post:
deedee16 (09-28-2010)
Old 06-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

Does anyone know if he was able to get the ebay Stealth Book?
Old 06-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

He has not been around the forum in some time so he vented and is out...probably.
Old 06-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

Yeah i should have looked before i posted lol. Was going to offer to but him the stealth if he wanted it.
Old 06-28-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

You can't offer him the Stealth Book lol. You can pay for it for him or give him advice. He could get it for free with trial pay.
Old 06-28-2010

she was saying she was going to offer to buy him the stealth book..
you can do that...??
Old 06-30-2010

Longevity: 84%

oregon,
that was classic story about what has happened to most of us here. I feel for you as we all have horror stories about ebay/paypal. I am not sure that orgeon will have the "fortitude" (lack of a better word) to do what needs to be done to go stealth which is why he hasnt reported back here.
It goes on and on and ebay/paypal will never let up until they destroy you and your family and your credit and your family members credit and finances too. Ebay and paypal are notorious and evil people and we need to come up with a plan for exit since some of us go through the same problems when using real info before we go stealth.
Has that ever been discussed? maybe so I dont know. We need an exit strategy if you will to protect ourselves and our family if we were using real info and transitioning into stealth.
One of my relatives is still getting debt collecting letters from ebay and went from $75 in fees to now they are asking for $800 in fees. how do we stop this?

Last edited by bmwsouthside; 06-30-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Guys.....

users come, users go. Kindness starts with your own accounts....the OP did not available himself of offered help. Dont forget a lot happens but not in open forum.

Let's move on