Moved to a country where Paypal is limited. Looking for a solution - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > eBay & PayPal International

eBay & PayPal International General discussions on eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited accounts for ALL other countries not mentioned above!

Old 10-03-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Moved to a country where Paypal is limited. Looking for a solution

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions regarding VPS/using Paypal and Ebay. Here is my story:

I’ve been selling on Ebay for a couple of years. My Paypal is registered in Thailand. Both Ebay and PP have my real info, so they are not actually stealth.

A few months ago I moved to another country where Paypal is limited - users can only send payments. I’m still using my Thai Paypal from here, but there is a big chance that I will have my PP account limited/blocked eventually. So I’m pretty much forced to use some stealth methods to keep my selling up.

I’m considering getting an IP address from a country where the account was registered in. I have a few options:

a) A friend of mine who still live there and willing to be a proxy for me. We used to be roommates, both have Paypal, use it from same IP. There shouldn’t be any suspicious activity for Paypal even if we share one IP again.

b)VPS. I’ve done my research on local providers and to be honest none of them look decent (based on their websites and info they provide). But I will read about them more.

What bothers me also - it is how to use it properly, to stay under radars. I mean: should I always be under my Thai IP or is it ok just to use it for loggining in a Paypal account.

Considering all that I have a few questions (I’m not expecting you answer all of them, but I would really appreciate any tips and suggestions here).

1. What IP’s solution do you think is better? It looks like with a friend’s IP it would be safer, but maybe there is something that I’m missing here. Some crucial flaws of this option.

2. Could Paypal see my location from other websites cookies? I would prefer to do all the browsing, gmailing, putting items on Ebay under my local IP. But all the Paypal stuff (withdrawn, paying for goods, etc) - from my Thai IP. Is there might be a problem here?

3. Would it be safe to use Ebay app on my phone?

4. What do you think in general about this case and strategy? Maybe there are other ways to manage it?

Thanks a lot in advance. Great info here.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Moved to a country where Paypal is limited. Looking for a solution

Welcome to the forums.

1. If you go proxy IP, don't be cheap and use a free one. I'm not a fan of sharing 1 IP, but up to you - not the best way to go. Read up more on VPS providers - again, no free service.

2. No - not other website cookies

3. NO - do NOT use the eB app.

4 ...other ppl will comment soon
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
vincent_ (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,247 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 60%

1) I would not share IP with your friend. If this business of your is a serious business on eBay/PayPal I would get full control of it.
You happen to be in a forum where a very reliable VPN service is available in the marketplace.
Check 24vc – VPN Service Provider | Become Anonymous services, 123 here on the forum could help.

2) Paypal can see your location only via IP. I wouldn't mess too much with different IPs. Get a reliable VPN and it is done.

3) if you have never used that app on that phone for another account then, yes it is safe.

4) all the above
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
vincent_ (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
3. NO - do NOT use the eB app.

LOL, I just wrote the opposite but I know what rsot means... apps are dangerous. Be very very careful if you have to use it.
Old 10-03-2016

you can use a VPN with a Thai IP, but it's expensive.
May I ask you where are you now ? because if it is possible to use roaming with your Thai sim card, it's possible you get a thai IP, it worth the test.
I went to some cities in Laos, and I was able to reach 3g signal from Truemove, and to get a Thai IP.

Another solution would be to leave a computer to your ex roommate with a 3g dongle, so you can control it from another country with teamviewer and without compromising his IP

And then, you should make a stealth ebay account in your new country linked to a stealth paypal in Thailand, and use all of this with the IP of your new country, so you'll will be sure if there is an issue or not
The Following User Says Thank You to TOOKNAPA For This Useful Post:
vincent_ (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016
Threadstarter  

thanks everyone for your time and input.

Just a few quick points based on what you all have suggested and commented:

- I’ve been reading the forum for a while, so I know some basics (to not use free VPN/proxy services, to not mess with IP’s, etc).

- I would definitely go with VPN/VPS rather than with my friend’s IP. And I’m willing to pay reasonable price. The thing is - I wasn’t able to find reliable one with clean, fresh, not abused IP. Didn’t want to risk testing some of providers which I’ve found during my quick research.

- I’ve heard about 24vc, but I though they don’t have servers in Thailand. Just checked - they actually have. $30 monthly. Hm. Will think about it and read more. Thanks ilcarletto

- the reason I asked about Ebay app is that it really helps me in my business. It is crucial to answer all the buyers questions and respond to offers fast - that’s what I’ve learned. And since I’m quite often outside, far from my computer - Ebay app is really handy. I’ve been using it only for one account (actually I have only one account).

- I’m in Eastern Europe, TOOKNAPA. So I guess there is no way for me to use the roaming option, although I do have True move sim card with me.

"And then, you should make a stealth ebay account in your new country linked to a stealth paypal in Thailand, and use all of this with the IP of your new country, so you'll will be sure if there is an issue or not”

to be honest I didn’t understand this one.

- One of my main concerns is still here - can I use Ebay with my local IP and go under a Thai IP only when I need to log in into Paypal account.

The thing is - all my stuff here with me. So I have to let a buyer know where exactly I ship from. But if I would always be under Thai IP using Ebay - it might look suspicious, looks like I dropship or something like that. IP and items location simply wouldn’t match.

That's why I was thinking to be honest with Ebay and go "stealth" only with PP.
Old 10-03-2016
Super Moderator

Managing different IPs between PayPal and eBay might cause troubles.
Do not consider eBay and PayPal as separated, think about them as a one monolithic huge evil entity...
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
vincent_ (12-01-2016)
Old 10-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent_ View Post
So I guess there is no way for me to use the roaming option, although I do have True move sim card with me.

"And then, you should make a stealth ebay account in your new country linked to a stealth paypal in Thailand, and use all of this with the IP of your new country, so you'll will be sure if there is an issue or not”

to be honest I didn’t understand this one.

so, if you have a truemove simcard with you, don't you think you should try to see what IP you have on it ??

Sorry for my bad english, I will try to be more clear :

- make a stealth ebay account in East Europe with East Europe details
- make a stealth Thai paypal account with Thai details (phone, address,bank ...)
- make & use these 2 accounts with East Europe IP

I won't be surprised if that works
The Following User Says Thank You to TOOKNAPA For This Useful Post:
vincent_ (12-01-2016)
Old 10-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
Managing different IPs between PayPal and eBay might cause troubles.
Do not consider eBay and PayPal as separated, think about them as a one monolithic huge evil entity...
Very true.

As for your concern vincent, it is a proper one to make sure buyers know where the item is coming from to avoid long shipping times as well as people who feel they are misled.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
vincent_ (12-01-2016)