10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > eBay & PayPal International

eBay & PayPal International General discussions on eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited accounts for ALL other countries not mentioned above!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-10-2021
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 55
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
iTrader: (0)
Post 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Most probably most of you are not aware of the coming changes in EU E-commerce law regarding new VAT requirements. So just wanted to put some light into this. Most probably this will have a huge impact not only on the Stealth accounts but also on a Legit accounts who are now ejoying the current thresholds to each European Union country individual, which is to most countries 35k Euros to each, and some have 100k Euros like Germany, Italy, Netherlands. This is going to end very soon.

"From 1 July 2021, the threshold for distance sales of goods becomes EUR 10 000 per year and it covers all distance sales of goods to customers in all EU Member States. The previous annual EUR 35 000 distance sales threshold for each Member State (or EUR 100 000 for a limited number of Member States) disappears."

This is a copy paste information from a new EU VAT e-commerce rules which are implemented in the Council VAT directive and Implementing Regulation.
It comes into force 2021-07-01.
And all E commerce platforms will most probably entitled to collect the VAT from the sellers.

So MP is not the only and most probably not the worst threat to Stealth.

By the way, in the same directives there are new rules about Imports from Third party countries, with the requirement to have intermediates for VAT declarations, or for platforms to collect VAT, different situations different solutions, but the requirements will change a lot also for Chinese guys etc.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 07-17-2021
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 46
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 7%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Ok so time has come.
The EU threshold is 10k eur.
I have one eb acc that passed 10k limit and I registered for OSS number.
Today I went to eb to ‘selling pref’ where I had my local vat number and checked the OSS to enable it and make eBay aware I can collect vat from now on.
But looking at my sales history I see eb still collecting vat fees from my transactions.
Why they still doing that? Shouldn’t be my responsibility ? Isn’t this the point of having own OSS so I can comply with vat in every Eu country?
I setup all vat for EU countries to 0 but eb takes the vat from each transaction even if I setup 0.
What am I doing wrong?
How do I setup vat correctly?

I’m sure there are many EU sellers in same situation. Let’s share some information about new vat directive and how we go going about this.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-17-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 288 Times in 218 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

it is likely that the EU have wanted this for a long time but could not do it as long as the UK was in the union. Once it has left they quickly changed the system.

This means the death of EU established professional sellers pretending to be private sellers and this will certainly lead to higher prices on ebay since many sellers will go out of business or will have to open up officially.

on the other hand non-EU sellers selling to the EU will have an advantage although the EU probably wanted it the other way around
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-17-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 288 Times in 218 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
Ok so time has come.
The EU threshold is 10k eur.
I have one eb acc that passed 10k limit and I registered for OSS number.
Today I went to eb to ‘selling pref’ where I had my local vat number and checked the OSS to enable it and make eBay aware I can collect vat from now on.
But looking at my sales history I see eb still collecting vat fees from my transactions.
Why they still doing that? Shouldn’t be my responsibility ? Isn’t this the point of having own OSS so I can comply with vat in every Eu country?
I setup all vat for EU countries to 0 but eb takes the vat from each transaction even if I setup 0.
What am I doing wrong?
How do I setup vat correctly?

I’m sure there are many EU sellers in same situation. Let’s share some information about new vat directive and how we go going about this.
if you are based outside the EU it only makes sense to register for OSS if you mostly deliver items worth more than 100 something Euros because you would be able to declare VAT on them separately.

with low value items ebay and other marketplaces will deduct VAT automatically and you would need to mark the packets so that customs don't charge VAT a second time

anyway Berlin and Brussels decided to destroy non-EU sellers of low value items by charging VAT through ebay etc. and additionally charging VAT again at customs and also slowing down deliveries to make local sellers more attractive

however , the 10000 Eur threshold they introduced for the local sellers will eventually work as counterweight because this will break the neck of scores of pseudo private sellers domestically , will reduce selection and increase domestic prices making the sales to the EU profitable to non-EU sellers

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 07-17-2021 at 10:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-30-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 743
Thanks: 472
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

This new treshold is for all EU online sellers or only for companies ?

How can individual eBay seller applies for a VAT number in Germany when 10k euro treshold is reached ?

I found info in eBay.de account that I still don't have enough sales in order to be reported. I'm reading lots of EU and eBay documents but I can't figure it out.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-30-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 288 Times in 218 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

it is easy to figure out. once you have 10000 EUR in turnover from EU buyers within a calendar year you will be blocked from selling anything in the EU until you get a valid VAT number

this is a problem because it essentially destroys the private sellers in the EU as it makes many of them either register a business or quit

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 07-30-2021 at 10:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-30-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 743
Thanks: 472
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
once you have 10000 EUR in turnover from EU buyers within a calendar year you will be blocked from selling anything in the EU until you get a valid VAT number
Turnover including eBay VAT ?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-30-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 288 Times in 218 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero View Post
Turnover including eBay VAT ?
if you sell from EU to EU there should be no VAT automatically charged by ebay
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
TenchoTenev (08-01-2021)
  #9  
Old 07-31-2021
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 55
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

And i have asked ebay customer support if its the same rule for personal and business accounts. And the answer is yes. So even a person who is selling his own household things technically would need to provide vat number after reaching 10k. Its insane but guess ebay doesnt have any texhnique to split buainess or private sales.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-31-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 288 Times in 218 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

this is the price for the UK leaving the EU , as long as the UK was in they were not able to pull a stunt like this because the UK government would have never allowed this.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-31-2021
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 55
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
this is the price for the UK leaving the EU , as long as the UK was in they were not able to pull a stunt like this because the UK government would have never allowed this.
Hehehe you think everything is aroind UK only? For your knowledge this EU directive was introduced 2017, and finalized in 2019 while UK was a full member of the EU.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-31-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 288 Times in 218 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerukas View Post
Hehehe you think everything is aroind UK only? For your knowledge this EU directive was introduced 2017, and finalized in 2019 while UK was a full member of the EU.
of course but only with implementation after the UK leaves because UK would never allow this to run on it's soil , having about 8000 pounds VAT threshold down here would close down a significant portion of small businesses. UK is not that crazy while EU leadership doesn't give a damn because everything is done to the advantage of only 2 countries

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 07-31-2021 at 12:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-01-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 743
Thanks: 472
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
if you sell from EU to EU there should be no VAT automatically charged by ebay
Yes, but I have an option to add % VAT manually. Should I add it ? I'm not familiar with the accountants stuff in the EU.

@nerukas

Hopefully eBay will not ask for VAT registration before 10k euro turnover.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-01-2021
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 55
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
of course but only with implementation after the UK leaves because UK would never allow this to run on it's soil , having about 8000 pounds VAT threshold down here would close down a significant portion of small businesses. UK is not that crazy while EU leadership doesn't give a damn because everything is done to the advantage of only 2 countries
Think you are confusing things and not entirwly know what you are talking about. 10k euros is for ONLY INTERNATIONEL sales, not internal. Internal country thresholds remain what they were. So no, the world ia not tuening only around UK
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-01-2021
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 55
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero View Post

Hopefully eBay will not ask for VAT registration before 10k euro turnover.
Before 10k no it.will not ask. So you need to monitor the sales
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-01-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 743
Thanks: 472
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerukas View Post
Before 10k no it.will not ask. So you need to monitor the sales
I don't think they can lower this amount in the future when knowing what the Western European countries salaries are. And now it looks very groundless to me.

10k treshold is only for EU to EU sales. Yes, internal tresholds are individual for each EU country.

Do you know what are the required documents in order to get OSS number, excluding company ? Or what if I start to sell in the UK or US ?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-01-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 379
Thanks: 161
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero View Post
10k treshold is only for EU to EU sales. Yes, internal tresholds are individual for each EU country
I am in Spain and I think that the 10k threshold is:

1. In total sales globally (shipping and taxes included)

2. For 1 ID despites having 5 additional accounts under same ID (5 x 2k and you reach 10k)

Correct me if I am wrong
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-01-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 288 Times in 218 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerukas View Post
Think you are confusing things and not entirwly know what you are talking about. 10k euros is for ONLY INTERNATIONEL sales, not internal. Internal country thresholds remain what they were. So no, the world ia not tuening only around UK
as far as I understand ebay will be looking at the turnover made from any EU customer

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 08-01-2021 at 08:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-01-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 743
Thanks: 472
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorcat View Post
I am in Spain and I think that the 10k threshold is:

1. In total sales globally (shipping and taxes included)

2. For 1 ID despites having 5 additional accounts under same ID (5 x 2k and you reach 10k)

Correct me if I am wrong
1. Not the sales globally. If you make sales to non-VAT registered buyers in any EU countries, and the combined total of those sales exceeds EUR 10,000 (£8,818), you will need to collect VAT in all EU countries based on the delivery address. To do this you will either have to register for VAT in each of the EU countries where you make sales, or use the EU VAT One Stop Shop (info - eBay.com).

2. Yes. You can sell up to EUR 10,000 on annual basis per person/ID. The period is probably from 01.01 to 31.12.
It is not so bad for small sellers, but for the big fishes I can't see a solution for the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-01-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 743
Thanks: 472
Thanked 50 Times in 44 Posts
Activity: 22%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
as far as I understand ebay will be looking at the turnover made from any EU customer
After what sales amount I'll need a VAT number if I start selling on co.uk ?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-01-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 0
Thanked 288 Times in 218 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero View Post
After what sales amount I'll need a VAT number if I start selling on co.uk ?
I think you will not need a VAT number if you are registered outside the UK as ebay will be charging VAT to all buyers automatically. unless of course the item location would be UK , in this case you would need a VAT number from the first cent
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
Aguero (08-01-2021)
  #22  
Old 08-01-2021
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 379
Thanks: 161
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: 10 000 Euros Threshold for Intra EU sales Bomb Timer Ticking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero View Post
1. Not the sales globally. If you make sales to non-VAT registered buyers in any EU countries, and the combined total of those sales exceeds EUR 10,000 (£8,818), you will need to collect VAT in all EU countries based on the delivery address. To do this you will either have to register for VAT in each of the EU countries where you make sales, or use the EU VAT One Stop Shop (info - eBay.com).
So if I sell in Spain and ship from Spain to US buyers (Most of my customers), the 10k threshold doesn't affect me as a private seller and I can pass that quantity of sales?.
I assume won't pass the 10k in EU buyers
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VERIZON MIFI is the BOMB! Flubby2020 Etsy Discussions 6 01-13-2021 09:42 PM
PayPal Sales Threshold? troutfisherman123 PayPal Talk 1 11-02-2016 09:50 PM
Someone kept your item and got refund? Left an unjust neg? Glitter bomb them! stressed08 eBay Discussion! 8 05-21-2016 02:02 PM
California Drops Bomb on Amazon...... cherrqell Amazon X 9 07-11-2011 08:36 AM
Are all stealth accounts ticking time bombs? ShadyOne Subscriber Discussions 17 04-19-2011 03:13 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58