eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay & PayPal International (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/)
-   -   Location Thailand 2nd account blocked from selling (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-paypal-international/21546-location-thailand-2nd-account-blocked-selling.html)

asiandream 08-12-2010 10:49 AM

Location Thailand 2nd account blocked from selling

Hi, This is my first post.
Im from USA. I registered my ebay account in USA and did some sales there for a few months and then moved to Thailand several years ago. I have continued selling on this account with my usa paypal account and have never had any problems with ebay or paypal(regarding location). I keep my registration address in usa and simply show item location:Thailand. Some time back I also opened a buyer account and used that for several years and then recently started selling on that new account as well. Then suddenly my new account was blocked from being able to list. I can use the account for buying but cannot sell anything.
My old account was not affected and I am still using it to sell.

I was given a link to ebay.cn in hong kong to send an email. They wrote back to me in not the best english that I must upload passport, credit card statement and shipping receipts to verify my id.
I uploaded the documents on the ebay.cn website using the link they provided. I felt very nervous to do this as the website looks cheap and unprofessional and has little cartoon pictures of the police at the bottom!
I am nervous about giving away my identity especially to china where there is no guarantee of privacy.

I sent an email to see if they got the documents but they claim they did not get the documents even though the website indicated that 100% upload completed.
Is there any way to clear this up without sending my documents again?
My complaint is this: Im an american citizen and im registered on ebay.com and im not even in china so why should I have to send my documents to china as this would compromise my right to privacy?

My fear is this: I would like to contact ebay.com and talk with them about if there is another way to do this without uploading to china but I dont want to attract attention to my situation and then they will be looking at my first account as well?
They are both linked to the same paypal account and the same usa address.

I thought of deleting the limited account and trying to make a new 2nd seller account without triggering the alert that caused the limitation?
Possibly it was the usa registration address with a thai shipping address that caused the alert? Or is it the ip location?

Any ideas?

cpm 08-22-2010 01:16 PM

What has any of this to do with UK?

My suggestion is to get in touch with the US Consulate in Thailand. If you need their address and phone number PM me.

Lodge a complaint at the consulate that eBay Inc. is asking you to submit your identity documentation to an overseas country or body, foreign to your location and business. ROC and Hong Kong are considered as one entity but are entirely and mutually exclusive to Thailand.

Once at the consulate, you are to try and threaten the local officials there, or perhaps even attempt at offering to bribe in order to bolster your case to the top of the pile. Instruct them that you are an American citizen and that you are crazy. Once inside, your aim should be to convince the consular to deal directly with eBay Inc. on your behalf. They will do this for you.

LOL man!!

slapped 08-22-2010 01:45 PM

Where did you get the Ebay.cn Link?,,,What does Ebay.cn have to do with all this?,,,It sounds to me that you were Scammed out of your ID,,,,

asiandream 08-23-2010 08:25 AM

The ebay.cn link is on the listing page in chinese letters and english
When I try to list after hitting the submit button the page appears again with the message sellers who relocate to overseas must submit additional documentation along with the link to ebay.cn its for real its not an email scam
It is my opinion that they have relegated a special office in hong kong to handle overseas expat sellers as they can bypass privacy laws and get fast convictions against sellers who use ebay to break the law.
Nevertheless I think ebay is breaking the law here and I know they are breaking the law in other ways that I wont mention but companies that big are sort of beyond the law..
I realize this is probably beyond the scope of this website which seems to specialize in stealth ebay accounts rather than actual ebay accounts run by actual sellers but I thought it wouldnt hurt to ask since Im not sure where else I could ask these kinds of questions.
Im sorry If I put this in the wrong category. I was looking for Nigeria but couldn't find it so I settled for Uk.

rsot 08-23-2010 09:03 AM

@asiandream...

You have an account in your real name with ebay.com and you were asked for docs by ebay.cn. Yes I know you would like to be kept below the radar by not contacting ebay.com and setting up a new account but this situation is very sketch.

You cannot be afraid of calling ebay.com especially since this is your real info account, if you are blocked - you are literally forced to stealth. Call them up and push for senior representative manager contact. Get this cleared up.

Edit: You are right about some of the big companies operating on the Net. They are not above the law but being on the Net gives them a lot of leeway...for now.

newtools 08-23-2010 09:41 AM

is this a buy/sell item?

pls post in the proper forum.

rsot 08-23-2010 10:02 AM

what newtools? ha what did you wake up to on your mind =P

jesseinkaron 08-24-2010 01:08 AM

I am also in Thailand,

And I get this all the time .

They block you from selling and you see a big red message in chinese !

I assume if you are registered in USA and use a foriegn IP address for any length of time

This will happen. I have not yet founf any go around for this.

GreenBean 08-24-2010 03:50 AM

:tears: Well gutted. Didnt realize we're not actual sellers :rolleyes:

Don't know what Nigeria is about :spy:

Thread moved to All Other Countries subforum here.

@cpm Cheers for the suggestions. Can see the American consulate doing that :thumb:

GreenBean 08-24-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesseinkaron (Post 161205)
I am also in Thailand,

I assume if you are registered in USA and use a foriegn IP address for any length of time

Found it! (was lost on usb stix) Maybe this thread might be of help to you:
post one has an nifty email address:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...tion-step.html

Have a read & see what you think: at least it's not China/HongKong:pop2:

asiandream 08-24-2010 10:29 AM

Good advice rsot I appreciate it.
Thanks for the link Greenbean I will check with huski to see what happened in his case.
Its funny how his thoughts were the same as mine.
Untill it becomes urgent however I think the best thing is to keep using the account that works and forget about the account that doesnt work.
In huskis case it looks like he should keep using his thai account and then when he goes back home to visit his parents he can more easily fix his usa account.
cpm I did what you said but they locked me in a plexiglass box and called the police.

asiandream 08-24-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesseinkaron (Post 161205)
I am also in Thailand,

You say you get this all the time?
So then you start a new stealth account and start over or you deal with or what?