Ebay and Paypal Suspension after parcel damaged - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > eBay & PayPal International

eBay & PayPal International General discussions on eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited accounts for ALL other countries not mentioned above!

Old 03-26-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Ebay and Paypal Suspension after parcel damaged

Hello,

Iīm not sure if this is the right place to post my problem, but here goes.

Iīve been a member of Ebay since 2004, 100% feedback, 200 + deals (not much, but Iīm mostly a buyer.

As far as I can remember I started by joining Ebay.Com, than Ebay.co.UK and later Ebay.de.

Now, the problem. A month and a half ago I sold a guitar to a guy in Germany-the guitar was sent through GLS and got there broken. He informed me of the situation and I immediatelly tried to activate the insurance (which was against loss only, and not damages-btw, it was mentioned on the listing). The shipping company (GLS) has still to give me an answer, and the buyer after a couple of weeks open a case and then a claim through Ebay (immediately my Paypal account went into red...).

I explainded him that that wasnīt going to solve the situation as it wasnīt my fault, and I didnīt have the money to pay him back.

I had already gotten the money out, erased any bank accounts and credit cards (as I was suspecting things wouldnīt be in my favour)

He proceeded with the claim, and EBay without warning me or giving me any chance to give my side of the story, decided in his favor, telling him to ship the guitar (which he already did) and refunded him the money (I know this because he sent me an email saying Paypa had refunded him the money).

All of this happen with a sale I made through Ebay.de.

Meanwhile my Ebay account his limited (not giving me the opportunity to sell anything) and so is my Paypal account, with a 500 euros negative balance. Paypal also said there were some problems so they need to confirm all of the info-phot ID, proof of adress, etc- to bring my account back to life (of course I also need to put the balance back to zero- for which I donīt have the money..)

What should I do, try to get funds to bring my paypal account back to zero and then give them all the info they ask (hoping that they unlimit my Paypal account, or this will never going to happen no matter what, and should I go Stealth)

As to my negative balance, they canīt take it out from anywhere, so since Iīm Portugal, should I worry with collections agency and similar?

And my Ebay account? should I forget about that to and the years it took to get all theat feedback and jus move on (again, by going stealth?)

Thank you very much and sorry for the long post.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

- lot of stories like this - the eB account (while in good standing), can be used with other accepted modes of payment. PP is toast - if you are sure they cant find you well....that's your decision. Proper business means PAYING OFF your dues

- time to learn stealth and move. Feedback, - you can rebuild
Old 03-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the answer.

Thanks for your comment!

Unfortunatelly I donīt have 500 euros to pay...

The only info they have is an adress (which, actually they canīt proove itīs mine as I donīt gave them any proof of adress.)

But tell me, do you think that if I bring my Paypal account back to zero and give them all the info they want, the "limited" status on my account will be taken of?

Thanks

Cheers
Old 03-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You claim to have sent an item that left you with a 500 euro negative balance simply because YOU failed to take correct insurance & all the money is already out of your accounts as well?

Geeze, I am not sure about all of this. Send me a pm with the item number, please.

Had you ever sent a guitar before or were you totally naive as to the chances of damage occurring?

Two parties to this issue. YOU & the buyer.

Your duty as a seller was to cover your OWN back since you decided to go ahead with the sale. ( In hindsight I would imagine it does not seem such a good idea now). Think carefully next round about such sales.

You could try to speak to paypal to resolve the matter. They will want money for you to have any hope of success.

Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

The guitar was sent with tracking number and insured against loss (not damages -it clrealy stated that on the listing!) It wasnīt the first time I sent a guitar.

I didnīt even get an email from Ebay saying that they had ordered the buyer to send the item.

Actually, I only knew about this when the buyer sent me an email saying he was going to send the guitar back!

I asked him to confirm that because Ebay hadnīt said a thing.

All of a sudden I received an email from Ebay saying that I had returned the funds?!?!

How tge hell this happen ? Why didnīt I get the chance to show my part of the story?

I find all of this almost ilegal (Ebay should consult both parties, shouldnīt it?)

What should I do?

Thank you

best regards
Old 03-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Even if you pay off your dues, cant guarantee that pp will restore your account - pp is rough like that
Old 03-27-2013

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opercal View Post
Hello,

Iīm not sure if this is the right place to post my problem, but here goes.

Iīve been a member of Ebay since 2004, 100% feedback, 200 + deals (not much, but Iīm mostly a buyer.

As far as I can remember I started by joining Ebay.Com, than Ebay.co.UK and later Ebay.de.

Now, the problem. A month and a half ago I sold a guitar to a guy in Germany-the guitar was sent through GLS and got there broken. He informed me of the situation and I immediatelly tried to activate the insurance (which was against loss only, and not damages-btw, it was mentioned on the listing). The shipping company (GLS) has still to give me an answer, and the buyer after a couple of weeks open a case and then a claim through Ebay (immediately my Paypal account went into red...).

I explainded him that that wasnīt going to solve the situation as it wasnīt my fault, and I didnīt have the money to pay him back.

I had already gotten the money out, erased any bank accounts and credit cards (as I was suspecting things wouldnīt be in my favour)

He proceeded with the claim, and EBay without warning me or giving me any chance to give my side of the story, decided in his favor, telling him to ship the guitar (which he already did) and refunded him the money (I know this because he sent me an email saying Paypa had refunded him the money).

All of this happen with a sale I made through Ebay.de.

Meanwhile my Ebay account his limited (not giving me the opportunity to sell anything) and so is my Paypal account, with a 500 euros negative balance. Paypal also said there were some problems so they need to confirm all of the info-phot ID, proof of adress, etc- to bring my account back to life (of course I also need to put the balance back to zero- for which I donīt have the money..)

What should I do, try to get funds to bring my paypal account back to zero and then give them all the info they ask (hoping that they unlimit my Paypal account, or this will never going to happen no matter what, and should I go Stealth)

As to my negative balance, they canīt take it out from anywhere, so since Iīm Portugal, should I worry with collections agency and similar?

And my Ebay account? should I forget about that to and the years it took to get all theat feedback and jus move on (again, by going stealth?)

Thank you very much and sorry for the long post.
Nothing is "erased". They will come after you
Old 03-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonStealth View Post
Nothing is "erased". They will come after you

Even in Portugal?

They may even send me some letters, but besides that I donīt know (Portuguese banks donīt work with Paypal-i.e Paypalīs not allowed to do anything)

What really upsets me is that they havenīt even given me the opportunity to explain my side of the story!