Buyer claimed item was damaged and was refunded without having to ship back AGAIN!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-14-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Buyer claimed item was damaged and was refunded without having to ship back AGAIN!!!!

So AGAIN, after another ****ing month a buyer claimed an item I shipped that was already damaged to begin with and being sold as-is claimed the item was even worse damaged than before. They filed a claim and were told to ship it back. They NEVER shipped it back and now the refund was just given to them!! EBAY IS SUCH A CROCK OF ****!!! If this dude leaves me negative feedback as well I'm just going to sell the hell out of whatever else I have and then stiff Ebay hardcore on all the fees. I am FURIOUS!!! ANOTHER $300.00 GONE!!!!!!!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-14-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

I just posted this in a similar thread, it may also apply to your problem.

Quote:
I think if someone is not going to return the "damaged" item but wants a refund, then it is very likely that they are trying to scam you.

If they say they cannot be bothered having to post it back or say they have no time, then simply say you will have a courier pick the item up directly from them.

Also, if they are not going to send the damaged item back and want a partial refund for the supposed 'damages', then make sure you request a picture of the damaged item from them.

Make sure you approach these methods in the most professional and freindly manner as to avoid negative feedback.
Quote:
ANOTHER $300.00 GONE!!!!!!!!!!
You never lost this amount in that one sale right?

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-14-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-15-2011

Longevity: 77%

I know exactly how that feels. A scam buyer claimed some new item I sent her was all damaged, scratched, and had fingerprints all over it. She emailed me how upset she was over this $10 item and acted so traumatized and betrayed. And went on on about her being a sick disabled veteran and how difficult it is for her to leave the house to go to the post office to return it.

I acted all professional and understanding and consoled her and told her she didn't have to return it back to me. And I gave her a refund immediately.

Then a few days later she leaves a nasty feedback like she had been scammed. Then I decide to check her feedback left for other sellers. It turns out she left like 25% negative feedback to all sellers, claiming non-delivery and damage, etc. That's when I realized I had been scammed all along.

It just shows you how cruel scam buyers can be. They could at least leave a positive feedback after they scam you. After all, I did treat her well and acted professionally and gave her the benefit of the doubt, let her keep the item, and gave her 100% refund.

Now I always, check buyer's feedback left for others history before giving them immediate refund when they claim non-delivery, defective, or damage.

Last edited by che2009; 04-15-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-15-2011

Quote:
And went on on about her being a sick disabled veteran and how difficult it is for her to leave the house to go to the post office to return it.
Some people will give any reason to say they cannot deliver it back, the usual is 'Im too Busy'.

You could have got a courier to pick the item up from her.

You were too kind to her :D

Quote:
Then a few days later she leaves a nasty feedback like she had been scammed. Then I decide to check her feedback left for other sellers. It turns out she left like 25% negative feedback to all sellers, claiming non-delivery and damage, etc. That's when I realized I had been scammed all along.

Quote:
They could at least leave a positive feedback after they scam you.
A good scammer would because you wouldn't then be snooping through their feedback and getting suspicious, I think the bad scammers leave negative feedback because they think they have to do it to make it more real.

Quote:
let her keep the item, and gave her 100% refund.
e bay moto

Quote:
Now I always, check buyer's feedback left for others history before giving them a refund when they claim non-delivery, defective, or damage.
Well the fact is the majority of scammers will not leave bad feedback, they will actually just leave something like 'seller was really helpful' and move onto their next victim.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-15-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-16-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Recently I have noticed buyers have figured out that if they see you are new and have low feedback they take advantage of the situation.

For me I will not list anything expensive until I get the feedback up so the scam buyers wont take advantage of a new seller.

Sorry this happened to you but with the track record you mentioned she is on ebay to cause problems for people.
Old 04-16-2011

Quote:
Recently I have noticed buyers have figured out that if they see you are new and have low feedback they take advantage of the situation.

For me I will not list anything expensive until I get the feedback up so the scam buyers wont take advantage of a new seller.

Sorry this happened to you but with the track record you mentioned she is on ebay to cause problems for people.
I think the majority of scammers take advantage of the big sellers because they know that they will just take the hit and move on.

Such sellers aslo have these polices in place. Refund or replacments.