Suspended for out of eBay deals. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-16-2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Today I got suspended from eBay. I had over 1000 Positive feedback and I know from conversations to increase my selling allowance my account rating was very good and I was in the top 5% of eBay seller.

Anyway eBay caught me doing and out of eBay deal. I initially sent the buyer a best offer but they wanted an out of eBay deal so I did it. The problem is I have social anxiety disorder and a stroke of autism so upon reflection I should just have said no however at the time I felt pressured into doing what they wanted.

If I phone up eBay and tell them this will it make any difference? My other accounts are not suspended yet for some reason.

Thank you
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 03-16-2017
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,379
Thanks: 1,410
Thanked 4,367 Times in 3,402 Posts
Activity: 59%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (356)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

No harm in trying at this stage.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 724
Thanks: 446
Thanked 190 Times in 140 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via ICQ to easy.bake.oven
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

I was thinking about ringing ebay and explaning to them one of my balls doesn't work properly and will it be possible to remove my suspension.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easy.bake.oven For This Useful Post:
applepbc (03-17-2017), ScottieBoi (07-31-2017)
  #4  
Old 03-16-2017
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,259
Thanks: 4,616
Thanked 7,109 Times in 6,476 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Welcome to the forums Cape - can't hurt to try - also learn stealth and get backup accounts going
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-16-2017
slokor's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,172
Thanks: 283
Thanked 1,906 Times in 1,394 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (89)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy.bake.oven View Post
I was thinking about ringing ebay and explaning to them one of my balls doesn't work properly and will it be possible to remove my suspension.
No need to be rude - especially about people on the spectrum. If you know nothing about that you best shut it.
The condition hes referring to is far more common than most people know about and the way you responded was just outright rude.
Id call and at the very least try to explain things. It couldn't hurt.
Good luck.
__________________
USA SELLER ACCOUNT EXCLUSIVES: 1,000/$100,000 AND 5,000/$500,000 - AGED!
ENTER MY STORE OR CONTACT ME
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
garry9061 (03-18-2017), Play (03-19-2017), ScottieBoi (07-31-2017)
  #6  
Old 03-16-2017
bjammin's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,154
Thanks: 393
Thanked 708 Times in 443 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (75)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

I would definitely call in. It is not like they can do any more harm to the account. Its either a win situation or nothing changes. There is nothing more to lose but maybe 20-30 minutes of your time. I do not think you should mention any disorders or issues about yourself. I think they will think you are lying and just being desperate. I think if you apologize and seem remorseful, you have a better chance.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-17-2017
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy.bake.oven View Post
I was thinking about ringing ebay and explaning to them one of my balls doesn't work properly and will it be possible to remove my suspension.
Plumb out of luck there, 'oven.

They only offer cricket bats to help these conditions.

Right painful like.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-17-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 501
Thanks: 113
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 42%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Seems harsh they would ban you for one off sell no?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-17-2017
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

They are not taking any of it. They have said eBay has taken a business decision to cut ties with accounts that do this because it costs them millions per week and have told me to go sell on other platforms. The out of eBay deals I did cost eBay money however suspending the account altogether has cost them more.

The bizarre thing it the email I got sent said "You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account". My other accounts which I'm selling stuff on are still going. Could I just slowly switch to these?

And importantly I should share what I learned of eBay's systems. I did out of eBay sales a lot but it was not until the item number was included in the PayPal payment that I ever got caught. The second time it happened was the same situation. After this I had learnt my lesson and tried to avoid these deals as much as possible. The buyer pushed me to do an out of eBay sale and there was no item number and the account did not get suspended until five days later and when I phoned up the eBay rep had a transcript of the email in front of them. So I suspect this kind of thing is detected automatically then an eBay rep manually looks through you messages to see if you are compliant.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-17-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 411
Thanks: 83
Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Can I ask how much you have been selling out of ebay?

1%? or 50%?

In which way they caught you?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape View Post
They are not taking any of it. They have said eBay has taken a business decision to cut ties with accounts that do this because it costs them millions per week and have told me to go sell on other platforms. The out of eBay deals I did cost eBay money however suspending the account altogether has cost them more.

The bizarre thing it the email I got sent said "You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account". My other accounts which I'm selling stuff on are still going. Could I just slowly switch to these?

And importantly I should share what I learned of eBay's systems. I did out of eBay sales a lot but it was not until the item number was included in the PayPal payment that I ever got caught. The second time it happened was the same situation. After this I had learnt my lesson and tried to avoid these deals as much as possible. The buyer pushed me to do an out of eBay sale and there was no item number and the account did not get suspended until five days later and when I phoned up the eBay rep had a transcript of the email in front of them. So I suspect this kind of thing is detected automatically then an eBay rep manually looks through you messages to see if you are compliant.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-17-2017
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
Can I ask how much you have been selling out of ebay?

1%? or 50%?

In which way they caught you?
Not a lot. Before I got caught the first time it was maybe about 4%. When somebody asked for a discount I'd said I'd give them 10% off if they paid via PayPal and sent them an image with my PayPal email. In the two months between the second strike and the last there were two out of eBay deals. One from a guy wanting to pay a deposit so I kind of had to because there is no way to do that via eBay and the one I got caught for. What are you thinking?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-17-2017
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
In which way they caught you?
They must have manual have been looking through my messages because when I made the PayPal invoice up I made sure it not like the listing then instead of ending the listing I revised it to an item that was a bit different.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-17-2017
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8,432
Thanks: 1,692
Thanked 2,974 Times in 2,242 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 30%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

This is craziness. I think you're right about them manually reviewing your account. I send two or three P/P invoices to customers every day and it's never caused problems for me. I have to get creative when responding to customers because of the eBay filters. Since I started using a merchant account and my main P/P was limited, the amount of invoices I send has gone through the roof because many buyers refuse to pay with anything other than Paypal.

Sadly I doubt they're going to budge on their position, judging by the responses you've received so far. It's senseless for them to kick sellers off like this rather than simply beefing up their messaging filters.

Just a word of advice, OP - If you do start doing this again on a new account, avoid messaging your customers with a photo attachment of your email. I always use Paypal invoicing rather than having customers randomly send money to my account. Have the customer message you their email so you can invoice them, or if they've already bought from you before get their email from the eBay sales record.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-17-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,075
Thanks: 135
Thanked 107 Times in 93 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

I am to believe that sometimes competitors will try to get you to deal off of eb just to turn around and report you
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-17-2017
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape View Post
They are not taking any of it. They have said eBay has taken a business decision to cut ties with accounts that do this because it costs them millions per week and have told me to go sell on other platforms. The out of eBay deals I did cost eBay money however suspending the account altogether has cost them more.

The bizarre thing it the email I got sent said "You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account". My other accounts which I'm selling stuff on are still going. Could I just slowly switch to these?

And importantly I should share what I learned of eBay's systems. I did out of eBay sales a lot but it was not until the item number was included in the PayPal payment that I ever got caught. The second time it happened was the same situation. After this I had learnt my lesson and tried to avoid these deals as much as possible. The buyer pushed me to do an out of eBay sale and there was no item number and the account did not get suspended until five days later and when I phoned up the eBay rep had a transcript of the email in front of them. So I suspect this kind of thing is detected automatically then an eBay rep manually looks through you messages to see if you are compliant.
If this was on the same account , then you are lucky you got the first chance.

Another point, tell the FULL story otherwise we all waste time giving advise on the first post.

ebay is anal about selling off its platform. You tried once, you had issues. Now you say you tried again... your outcome is not happy.

Try harder to NOT let the buyers push you around. What are you doing to control the listings? How much time are you spending talking to them?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-17-2017
slokor's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,172
Thanks: 283
Thanked 1,906 Times in 1,394 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (89)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape View Post
Not a lot. Before I got caught the first time it was maybe about 4%. When somebody asked for a discount I'd said I'd give them 10% off if they paid via PayPal and sent them an image with my PayPal email. In the two months between the second strike and the last there were two out of eBay deals. One from a guy wanting to pay a deposit so I kind of had to because there is no way to do that via eBay and the one I got caught for. What are you thinking?

I was under the impression you did it just the once because of the pressure and all. Now you change the story and state a figure of 4%...? and your surprised that they eventually catch you?
Do things against EBay's policies and get caught - don't complain when youre made to pay the price. Try to save the account but don't hold your breath given what you just shared here. Ebay are not stupid - as you just found out.
__________________
USA SELLER ACCOUNT EXCLUSIVES: 1,000/$100,000 AND 5,000/$500,000 - AGED!
ENTER MY STORE OR CONTACT ME
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-18-2017
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Try harder to NOT let the buyers push you around. What are you doing to control the listings? How much time are you spending talking to them?
This was my problem I let buyers push me around. After I got caught the first time I tried to stop eventually i did it again to make a sale and after that time I said to myself no more off platform sales but this buyer was persistent so instead of saying no which I should have -and the lesson is learned- I agreed to it.

I was giving eBay about £400 a month in fees and these deals cost them much less than that. They are hoping people will stop doing it however when you can do it and save yourself £50.00 in fees people will continue to try so I think this iron fist approach will cost them money
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-18-2017
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape View Post
This was my problem I let buyers push me around. After I got caught the first time I tried to stop eventually i did it again to make a sale and after that time I said to myself no more off platform sales but this buyer was persistent so instead of saying no which I should have -and the lesson is learned- I agreed to it.
The buyer saw you coming.

Go back to this and ask yourself how you felt.

If you had a gut feeling it was not kosher, then the deal was OVER.

You still stayed clean. You were being asked to break rules and you could have chosen not to do so.

What category are you selling in that this is happening? Only the category, not items will do.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-18-2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,007
Thanks: 94
Thanked 152 Times in 126 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
I am to believe that sometimes competitors will try to get you to deal off of eb just to turn around and report you
How does one report an account for doing this? I feel like this is only a suspension that eBay has to catch someone doing
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-19-2017
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
The buyer saw you coming.

Go back to this and ask yourself how you felt.

If you had a gut feeling it was not kosher, then the deal was OVER.

You still stayed clean. You were being asked to break rules and you could have chosen not to do so.

What category are you selling in that this is happening? Only the category, not items will do.
I'm in the "Jewellery & watches" categorizes. I had a bit of a tiff with another seller. I was selling the same item as them and they accused me of stealing their photos and description (which I clearly had not) and threatening to report me to eBay. So I reported them for harassing messages. The reply eBay sent me had this nugget in it

"because will not immediately removed such listings even though we’ll receive reports from other sellers because it would take a lot of process and investigation if the report is valid."

However I was thinking it might be the same guy but their address are about 70 miles apart.

An eBay member can report offers to sell out of eBay with this form which you will need to log in to view-

http://ocs.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...Us&wftype=3002
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-19-2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy.bake.oven View Post
I was thinking about ringing ebay and explaning to them one of my balls doesn't work properly and will it be possible to remove my suspension.
now you can be the next trump. congratulations.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-19-2017
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,969
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,998 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Suspended for out of eBay deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape View Post
I'm in the "Jewellery & watches" categorizes. I had a bit of a tiff with another seller. I was selling the same item as them and they accused me of stealing their photos and description (which I clearly had not) and threatening to report me to eBay. So I reported them for harassing messages. The reply eBay sent me had this nugget in it

"because will not immediately removed such listings even though we’ll receive reports from other sellers because it would take a lot of process and investigation if the report is valid."

However I was thinking it might be the same guy but their address are about 70 miles apart.

An eBay member can report offers to sell out of eBay with this form which you will need to log in to view-

http://ocs.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...Us&wftype=3002
Your category is not known for charity.

Many in it are in for the kill, ie, take down whoever stops them making money.

I leave this category to the brother. He can worry.

I get where you were. From now, be strict, avoid tiffs. Re-design your listings even with water marks. Be squeaky clean. And never concede a thing to a buyer.

I hope you have better trading.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help buying on eBay Deals jonynewyork eBay Discussion! 1 03-29-2016 08:16 PM
Ebay Daily Deals kenshintr eBay Discussion! 2 04-29-2014 06:23 PM
how do you get on ebay daily deals? lucy UK eBay & Paypal 0 05-27-2010 12:38 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts