continuously suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-01-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default continuously suspended

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I'd like to ask for help from you guys since you know what you're doing. Ebay keeps suspending my accounts even though I followed the instructions here to the t. They suspend me when I try to buy, they suspend me when I try to sell, and all I get is that same generic message "Abusing Ebay". Is there any way to get around this? I've changed my IP and created many new accounts just to have it suspended once I try to list something. My items are not expensive, only CD's that are worth 20 dollars each and they come down on me like I'm trying to list a house. Any help guys?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-01-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

We need more information. How to do you create your account? What steps do you take? Any other details?
Old 03-02-2007
Threadstarter  

The CD's are not bootleg. They are just some Taiwanese CD's I picked up while I was in Taiwan and would like to sell to make some quick bucks. Maybe I'm getting suspended because my account is new and I have yet to get feedback? If so, how old does my account have to be before selling again?
Old 03-02-2007

CDs/DVDs seem to be hard to sell for a new user, especially if they come from South-East Asia, the homeland for well made copies and not marked as region 1.
To avoid being suspended I suggest not to list more than 2 of them at the same time and after you sold these two items list the next two CD/DVD.
For CD/DVD they just send 4 alerts before closing yor account. Once you received the first 2 alerts you might switch to listing just one item- so still one left in the case you would receive another alert.

Cheers

Andreas
Old 03-02-2007

try listing a couple of cd's that you know are legit - maybe some old ones from home. that way you'll flush out whether it's the taiwan cd's or not
Old 03-02-2007

For what it's worth, I had a handful of "fan made" DVD's I sold once. They were I suppose bootlegs, but as they were purchased from a private source and currently not available in that format officially, I advertised them as such to keep too many questions from being asked. I listed them a couple per week and never had any problems. I think the key is keeping a low profile with them.
Old 03-02-2007
Threadstarter  

So, if I list North American CD's I should be okay? If I attempt to create a new account now, should I try to gain feedback first and wait a certain number of days before selling or can I start selling right away? Thanks for all you help guys!
Old 03-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCIxMonk View Post
So, if I list North American CD's I should be okay? If I attempt to create a new account now, should I try to gain feedback first and wait a certain number of days before selling or can I start selling right away? Thanks for all you help guys!

You can sell right away, just start low 10items or so, and don't buy the penny auctins for feedback,,,Thats why your getting that abusing message because your buying feedback..
Old 03-09-2007
Threadstarter  

I tried to list my CD's right after I created my account and it seems to get suspended within a few hours. I only list 2 CD's at a time. Is there anything I can do to not get suspended so quickly?
Old 03-09-2007
Executive [VIP]

I sell lots of "grey market" cds on ebay and I don't have issues. make sure that your listings are very generic and let the pics speak for themselves. don't allude to the cds being imports or bootlegs. don't cut and paste the same description and title that was with the suspended a/c. change it up a bit. make sure that you are not linking or using the old paypal email address. i got kicked off in 4 hrs after making that mistake. follow the guidelines to the "T" (new ip, clean cookies, new email(gmail/yahoo preferred), new address, new phone #, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, new credit card, new bank a/c, etc) ...do this and you should be ok.