How/why are Paypal & Ebay Linked? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-02-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default How/why are Paypal & Ebay Linked?

Regarding paypal and ebay....

Can you use an paypal account that was used with an ebay account that got suspended? I deleted old primary address that was used with the old suspended ebay account and added a new primary paypal address. Now can i use that same paypal account with new address to pay for my seller fees and for items that I purchased?

Also when you create a listing, you will come to the payment option page asking if you want to add paypal as payment option, is it safe to fill in my new paypal address, so that buyers will see paypal on my listing? If not , is there any other way that I can let my buyers know I accept paypal and allow them to pay via paypal?

Any advice Aspkin or others?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-02-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

1.) Yes you're okay with doing this; it's a preferred way of creating new eBay accounts and using your existing Paypal account.

2.) Also yes, you'll want to enter your Paypal email address, the new one you added to accept your payments.
Old 03-02-2007

Yes to both as Aspkin said. Aspkin, will you be in any danger if you keep that old email around on your paypal, even though you won't be using it on ebay? Would it make any difference if you made the email your primary temporarily (for name recognition purposes at another venue) in order to send a money request?
Old 03-02-2007

hi
thanks for ALL YOUR VALUABLE INFO

IF I WAS TO PURCHASE A NEW LAPTOP RATHER THAN USE MY DESK TOP
AND GET AN UNWIRED INTERNET WITH A CHANGING IP
WILL THAT IN ANY WAY LINK MY OLD ACCOUNT FROM EBAY THAT WAS SUSSPENDED
CAN I OPEN MY EBAY ACCOUNT IN DADS NAME WHO LIVES 5 KM FROM ME
AND ONLY ACCEPT PAYPAL OE MONEY ORDER AS A FORM OF PAYMENT
THANKS
Old 03-03-2007
Administrator

Jack, from what I've seen, no. I have several old eBay emails still listed on my Paypal account, with no problem at all. EBay and Paypal, just aren't connected this way until you, "link" your eBay and Paypal accounts. Which you know, will only lead to disaster.

darnuebay, If you stay with using your laptop and internet connection, that'll work. And you can use any name to open a eBay account with. Try a funny name. hehe

-Brock Lee
Old 03-03-2007
Threadstarter  

Default how do you lnk ebay and paypal account?

Hi, how can you link your ebay and paypal accounts? I just want to know to be sure I dont do it by accident?
Old 03-03-2007
Administrator

You do this by selecting to; "link" your eBay account to your Paypal account, via seller options in eBay. You actually have to opt to do this, for it to happen. You can't do it by accident.
Old 03-03-2007
Threadstarter  

Aspkin, I got 1 more question..Thanks for the fast reply....

If i open up another ebay account say at the library and only log on to the 2nd account from the library doyou think it would be wise to add a second email to my paypal account that I'm already using with my 1st and main ebay account to acccept payments for my second account?

Basically can I use 1 Paypal account with 2 emails to accept payments for 2 ebay accounts? Would that be wise?
Old 03-04-2007
Administrator

You're pushing it, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.
Old 03-04-2007
Threadstarter  

I'll leave it alone then.. I don't want to open another paypal account because all there going to do is limit the account and ask for verfication that I cant provide..
Old 03-04-2007

what if you ABSOLUTELY NEED to have ur paypal linked to ur ebay to pay ur seller fees? and the paypal account was previously linked to ur old suspended accounts from the year before? in this case would it be advisable to link a brand new paypal account to that account for paying ebay fees? (and also for recieving payments)

if my ebay account is a new one (registered august 06) with a feedback of 1,and i link it to a 2 year old pp with a feedback of 70,will they get suspicous?

i have 2 paypal accounts at the moment.one is 2 years old and has a rating of 70 transactions and the other is one month old and has 0 transactions.both PP accounts are registered under the same name and almost same address.if i use the new PP to make a withdrawal will PP notice i have 2 accounts and kill one/both?

(edit: both PP accounts are verified & successfully linked to 2 seperate credit cards.i am an international seller who's only option is to withdraw funds by cheque)
Old 03-04-2007
Administrator

Machine, you'll want to link your new eBay account with your new Paypal account, if you have to. But to pay your seller fees, all you have to do is, select to pay a "one time payment" from the seller options of your eBay account. Pay using the same email address that matches your eBay and Paypal account, and no linking will occur.

If you were to link your eBay account to your old paypal account, you run the risk of eBay finding out that your Paypal account was linked to a suspended eBay account and that will suspended your new account.

As for your Paypal accounts, they should be fine. I have multiple Paypal accounts my self with no problems at all.

Cheers
Old 03-04-2007

Aspkin,thank you so much.

Have you tried moving funds out of your multiple PP accounts or do you only do that with 1 PP account?

My worry is that since I already have a valid old PP which i use to make withdrawals,and if i start making withdrawals on the new PP,the 7 days that they take to process the cheque will be enough time for them to realise there is another paypal account listed to the same address and name and decide to cancel either one or both accounts.

to let u know i dont do much volume,less than 1000usd per month....

thanks again.
Old 03-04-2007

Paypal's address book seems to be automatically linked to ebay. I opened my new ebay-ac just a couple of days ago and did NOT link anything. Today I checked my user data and saw all the old addresses used in the past now again, marked as 'linked from paypal' , and with an 'unlink-botton' on the right. I have everything unlinked now but wonder why paypals-address book was linked to ebay without activating any links.
Old 03-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Where is the link to link paypal accounts at? Im not seeing that anywhere?
Old 03-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Machine, in case this wasn't obvious, do not link a PayPal account to EBAY if the PP account shares common information with a PP account that was linked to a suspended EBAY account. Common information includes same name, address, etc.
The thing is,I dont think Paypal even knows (or cares) that the account was connected to 6 suspended Ebay accounts.I have had 1 account get suspended every month, for 6 months in a row and the last 3 were LINKED to my Paypal.

Recently when I opened a new Ebay account they limited my sales and asked me to provide them with a list of all my Ebay User Ids.So I gave them 2 out of my 3 Ebay IDs which were in good standing.Didnt mention any of my suspended accounts. They replied by saying that my Paypal is connected to more than 2 accounts and they will need a list of ALL my accounts or they wouldnt be able to remove the limit.They were not able to directly link me to any of my previous suspended accounts despite the fact that out of the 6, 3 of those accounts were LINKED to my Paypal.Otherwise they would have immediately suspended the 2 accounts which I gave them.

Also if your Ebay account is registered in any Asian country your Paypal account HAS to be linked to your Ebay Id to be able to sell.

So the fact remains that this Paypal account might have hosted some suspended accounts in the past but neither Paypal nor Ebay seems to have been able to link it to my new Ebay account.I also made sure to remove all signs of those accounts (email adds) from that Paypal account as soon as each got suspended.

So considering all of this,lets say I use a brand new Paypal account,which is in good standing,which shares the same details as this Paypal account,also in good standing .......to link to an Ebay account? Or would this be too risky?

Thanks again for all your help.At this point Im thinking if I use a US/UK/AU based Ebay account,I can sell/pay ebay fees without ever having to link my Paypal....
Old 03-04-2007
Administrator

Machine are you from India? Most of what we talk about is based on US eBay and Paypal. EBay and Paypal in other countries ask for different information, and have different standards. You may want to try a US or UK eBay account.

Same with AndreasF, since you're from Thailand, you'll find what we're talking about a little different then what you experience. Asia eBay's compared to the US eBay are very different. Happy birthday by the way, I just had my birthday the other day as well.
Old 03-04-2007

Modee, referring to your last post,

Quote:
under my Seller Preferences I have YES for "Use checkout" but NO for "Offer PayPal on my listings" and "Display 'PayPal Preferred' on my listings." Nevertheless, customers have been paying me with PP on this account from Day One, with no problem, and all my listings state that PayPal is Accepted at the bottom - probably because I check that box on the listing itself to indicate PP as an acceptable payment.
Is this how a listing will wind up showing the forms of payment at the bottom of the page rather than the top? Is there a way to set it to accept Paypal but not use checkout (invoice would be sent) automatically? I want to try and cut out the instant payments as much as possible, since most of the time the OP is wrong in the amount they send.
Old 03-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Modee, referring to your last post,

Is this how a listing will wind up showing the forms of payment at the bottom of the page rather than the top? Is there a way to set it to accept Paypal but not use checkout (invoice would be sent) automatically? I want to try and cut out the instant payments as much as possible, since most of the time the OP is wrong in the amount they send.
I wrote in the listing that I accept paypal and will send invoice after the auction ends.
I unchecked paypal button in payment options to prevent immediate checkout. We'll see how it works.
I also offer visa/mastercard payments (GCO invoice will be sent).
Old 03-05-2007

Interesting. Keep us updated! Thanks

Why no Discover/Am Express? Doesn't GCO support those too?
Old 03-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Machine are you from India? Most of what we talk about is based on US eBay and Paypal. EBay and Paypal in other countries ask for different information, and have different standards. You may want to try a US or UK eBay account.
Aspkin, yes I am.And I have switched to an OZ account to make things easier.So far so good.Will post more here once I know for sure Ebay's no longer gonna pull the carpet from underneath me.

Modee,
I hear you bro.I suppose as long as I dont attract any attention to my auctions and play like a good little ebay newbie I should be fine.
Old 03-06-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
I wrote in the listing that I accept paypal and will send invoice after the auction ends.
I unchecked paypal button in payment options to prevent immediate checkout. We'll see how it works.
I also offer visa/mastercard payments (GCO invoice will be sent).
I put in my listings that I accept paypal and I allow them to use the checkout and I haven't had any problems yet.. I erased all old paypal emails and added a fresh one that I used for my new ebay account.. Buyers pay thru ebay checkout to my new email.