Account Suspended due to Apparent "offers to buy or sell outside of eBay policy" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-24-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Account Suspended due to Apparent "offers to buy or sell outside of eBay policy"

According to ebay I having been selling outside of ebay policy so I have had my account suspended indefinitely. Basically all I think I done was send someone my phone number as they wanted to ask some questions about an expensive item for sale! I feel it is ridiculous how an account can be suspended for this. Anyone got any ideas on how I can sort this out?

Thanks for any replies.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Account Suspended due to Apparent "offers to buy or sell outside of eBay policy"

It's no secret that EB does scan massages for verious keywords. Exchanging personal info thru messages is probably a bad idea regardless of your intentions.
Old 06-24-2017

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Account Suspended due to Apparent "offers to buy or sell outside of eBay policy"

wow, what happened to emails.
Old 06-25-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 55%

If your eBay messages truly reflects that he was just asking questions and not indirectly saying "hey! lets do this transaction outside of eBay heres my number", then I would call eBay and try to get it reversed with a supervisor. You have nothing to lose anyways
Old 06-25-2017
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

There have been a few reports of this recently.

I used to do it quite frequently with no issues. They must be cracking down on it.
Old 06-25-2017

Longevity: 72%

Yup! They got me too, seems like they are really cracking down on this.

What is ridiculous is that I actually replied to the inquiry to sell off eBay with a "No, this transaction stays on eBay. Here is my number xxx-xxxxxxx, you can call me to discuss the capabilities of item in question."

Few days later, and my account has been shut down!! Not even suspended, but no longer registered to buy or sell on eBay. I called and they told me no personal information allowed at all, even first name to sign off on emails. Mind this is one of my super solid accounts, 100% +ve and doing strong 6 figures yearly for over 10 years. And they just gave it the boot, just like that.
Old 06-25-2017

Bunch or articles about this on Ecommercebytes... it's happening everywhere.
Old 06-25-2017

There's an articles about this on Eccomercebytes... it's happening a lot lately.
Old 06-25-2017

Longevity: 40%

their bots are getting more accounts busted

just be creative when u want sent and email or a phone, in a way a bot cant got it
Old 07-30-2017

Longevity: 39%

If ebay also monitors paypal transactions, then you would need to have the buyer send the money to a paypal account that is not linked to your ebay account.
Old 07-31-2017

Longevity: 52%

I don't think eBay monitors Paypal transactions. That just doesn't really compute with me. That's like saying that eBay reads your emails. How could they see what you're doing on Paypal?
Old 07-31-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoneo View Post
Yup! They got me too, seems like they are really cracking down on this.

What is ridiculous is that I actually replied to the inquiry to sell off eBay with a "No, this transaction stays on eBay. Here is my number xxx-xxxxxxx, you can call me to discuss the capabilities of item in question."

Few days later, and my account has been shut down!! Not even suspended, but no longer registered to buy or sell on eBay. I called and they told me no personal information allowed at all, even first name to sign off on emails. Mind this is one of my super solid accounts, 100% +ve and doing strong 6 figures yearly for over 10 years. And they just gave it the boot, just like that.
Just wanted to point out that this kinda sounds suspicious. Not to me, but I could see why eBay would see it that way. "No, we can't do transactions outside of eBay, Here's my phone number. Call me."
Old 07-31-2017

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
There's an articles about this on Eccomercebytes... it's happening a lot lately.
anyone know the link from eccomercebytes regarding this? couldn't find google search
Old 07-31-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

Its ridiculous. If someone needs the option to pickup, then they will need my number.
Explain that to ebay. Thats how I saved my account.
Or say that you need to have both numbers on file for the shipping carrier.
Old 08-01-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,548 Times in 2,201 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

wait, even first names get people banned? Really?

This is getting out of hand. So what if we were to trade phone numbers by sending the numbers in 2-3 different emails?
Old 08-02-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
wait, even first names get people banned? Really?

This is getting out of hand. So what if we were to trade phone numbers by sending the numbers in 2-3 different emails?
What do you mean by first names? I never knew that you wren't supposed to give someone your phone number. I've always refused to do that anyway. When someone wants to communicate off of eBay, I always refuse to discuss anything and tell them that they must contact me through eBay. You can always request the person's contact info from eBay anyway. They'll give you the address and phone number, etc