Best Stealth option to creat L.L.C including using DBA - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-19-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

I just went to eBay and clicked on "register," and then clicked on "Want to open an account for your company?"

It asks for business name and address. Then it asks for contact information; First and last name, email address and telephone number.

Can I use the legitimate LLC as the business name, with its address, and then use the DBA for the first and last name, providing I create a DBA such as "John Smith?"

I guess what I'm asking is, will eBay ever ask to verify information on "John Smith" the first and last name?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

when I hit that part I used a variation of my name. The most verification I've ever had to give ebay was a faxed in id. which I doctored in Photoshop. Dealing with eBay is pretty easy, paypal is a little more difficult because they will actually verify the stuff.
Old 06-19-2009

I'd like to avoid PayPal at all costs - to me they are the Antichrist. I'd much rather use CCNow or Cartmanager or Google Checkout or whatever . . .

I'm worried about using a variation of my name, as eBay has my name and info attached to a currently limited account.
Old 06-19-2009

My biggest problem with the whole eBay/PayPal system is their own bull****.

I've done nothing wrong. I sell used, as-is items, that are thoroughly described, shown to the buyer in multiple high-res photos, and sold with clearly defined terms and conditions. I'm convinced that most of my customers have Stevie Wonder select the items, and Ray Charles pay the invoices!

With that being said, I have no reason not to be legit, nor to want to be legit! It is things like eBay's bogus "below 4.2 average" DSRs and PayPal's bogus "Complaint Rate" that have absolutely killed my business and cost me tens of thousands of dollars.

I just want to have an account that is clean, functional and has longevity. As much as I hate them, eBay is such a household name, there is nowhere else for me to go.
Old 06-19-2009

your going to need a pre 11/07 account to get away from paypal. all new accounts have to accept paypal as an option.
The Following User Says Thank You to gurusgrafx For This Useful Post:
Mattcain (03-26-2011)
Old 06-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

HSL, have you made the LLC company yet? If not then imho, you are doing things the wrong way. Have the company, the paper work then do the steps to use ebay/paypal.
tbh, you are coming across as annoyed & that is when you will make mistakes. Calm down & PLAN correctly.
Old 06-19-2009

I'm going to form a new LLC and a new DBA on Monday. Once the corporation is formed, I'm going to open a checking account with a Mastercard debit card for it, and I'd like to set up a merchant services account. As I said, I do NOT want anything to do with PayPal.
Old 06-19-2009

Can someone please confirm, that if I set up this new account on eBay as a business account, that I will not have to sign up for PayPal, providing that I have a merchant account to accept credit cards?
Old 06-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

You will have to fax in your merchant account statement and get it approved by ebay first. Unless you have a pre Nov07 account.
Old 06-19-2009

Longevity: 94%

Is there any way I can set up the merchant account using the llc info or do merchant accounts have to be set up under an individuals name?
Old 06-19-2009

you can set up your merchant account under the LLC but they still require a ss# of someone in the company.
Old 06-20-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I believe that for certain items or categories, you still have to accept Paypal. If you aren't going to participate in sales of those items, I'm pretty sure you're good to go.
Old 06-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSL1048 View Post
I just went to eBay and clicked on "register," and then clicked on "Want to open an account for your company?"

It asks for business name and address. Then it asks for contact information; First and last name, email address and telephone number.

Can I use the legitimate LLC as the business name, with its address, and then use the DBA for the first and last name, providing I create a DBA such as "John Smith?"

I guess what I'm asking is, will eBay ever ask to verify information on "John Smith" the first and last name?
I believe they will eventually.

And just a FYI:

When you incorporate your business, whether you decide to go with an LLC, C-Corp or S-Corp, you will also have to provide a SSN. That means your real name will always be linked to the business entity. (I'm not saying Ebay/PP will link you this way but I'm positive the FBI can.)

And regarding why Ebay/PP may ask you to verify the principal's information - I've had to provide my SSN right along with my TaxID# on numerous occasions when applying for business accounts at retailers like OfficeMax and Staples. Walk into any store that offers business credit and take one of those brochure/applications and you will see that they require both TaxID and a SSN. Try opening a business checking/savings account without giving the bank your SSN. It's impossible. Having a TaxID is extremely useful but it doesn't make your SSN obsolete.

If Ebay/PP only requires business information now, it definitely seems plausible that they will also require the principal's SSN eventually, especially under certain circumstances, e.g. suspension, limitation.

BTW, I used LegalZoom: Online Legal Document Services: LLC,Divorce,Wills,Incorporation & More to get my S-Corp. They were super fast and did a great job. Check'em out.

Oh! And another neat factoid. If you incorporate in Nevada or Delaware you don't have to pay state taxes. The incorporation fees are a lot higher though.
The Following User Says Thank You to inverser For This Useful Post:
Stealthyman (06-20-2009)
Old 06-20-2009

Regarding ein numbers, unless there is a ton of good credit, over a long term associated with it, it will not help much. If your sales are high or if you make them nervous in any way, paypal will still want the ssn of a real person behind the corporate entity.
Old 06-20-2009

As I've said a number of times in the past in this post - I'm not concerned with PayPal. I will attempt to only accept CCNow or Cartmanager or some other type of checkout merchant program that accepts PayPal, so the buyer can use PayPal, but in effect, I don't have to.
Old 06-20-2009

^^^^^Then you will be fine.
Old 06-20-2009

Did I mention how much I hate eBay and PayPal - but how essential they are to my business? I sold one of my personal boats about two and half years ago . . . 10 day auction, got exactly 15,000 views, and sold for my buy-it-now price with 2 hours left to go.

It's a crying shame that it is such a ****ed up system, because from what I can see, there is nothing out there that can equal its exposure nor its effectiveness.

As long as they do not correlate my "new" corporate identity and business eBay account with any of my old personal accounts, and as long as I do not have to provide anything to PayPal that will link any previous PayPal accounts, I'll be set.
Old 06-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 86%
Exclamation Creating a DBA [Fictitious Name] with an LLC - [URGENT]

Hello,

On forms, internet, and other places, when I need to fax something, they will ask for your Buisness Name, contact information, address.

However -- I don't want to give out my contact name. Can I create a DBA with my LLC, so I don't need to give out my real name?

What can I do so I don't need to give out my real name and give something else without getting into legal trouble like fraud or something.

I also want to change my LLC information with the DBA for privacy reasons. Is this possible?

Thank you!

Last edited by Hypothermic; 06-22-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

ok, Im in UK but as its urgent I will reply with what Ive read on forums;

there are lots of threads on business name, check out Lyda posts. You can use whatever name you like BUT a real or business registered name will allow you to do things eg.get a box, you can also cash a cheque from paypal if you are limited, you can also then supply genuine info if limited or asked for info by paypal.. lots of reasons.

can you change your LLC info, dont see why not, its changable..but they already have your real name, and have to have it, so you cant change that, I absolutely think, you should change to a business name, instead of you real name to set up a paypal, if your real name is distinctive and banned. You can also get a business name that sounds like a real name too and use that.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-22-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks.

But my new LLC's name is nothing like my real name.

I just really want to give out my real name if needed, and thought I could get a DBA, whilst still owning an LLC.

So if the ask for a contact name I can give them "Name A" while still being legal but my real name will be "Name B"
Old 06-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
ok, Im in UK but as its urgent I will reply with what Ive read on forums;

there are lots of threads on business name, check out Lyda posts. You can use whatever name you like BUT a real or business registered name will allow you to do things eg.get a box, you can also cash a cheque from paypal if you are limited, you can also then supply genuine info if limited or asked for info by paypal.. lots of reasons.

can you change your LLC info, dont see why not, its changable..but they already have your real name, and have to have it, so you cant change that, I absolutely think, you should change to a business name, instead of you real name to set up a paypal, if your real name is distinctive and banned. You can also get a business name that sounds like a real name too and use that.
I am making a new business and PayPal and eBay account anyway; new address, phone numbers, my personal account was banned anyway.
Old 06-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

exactly, your contact name will be the business name.. very widely used, nothing wrong with this method! good luck