Made new account: If I'm going to get banned again, when will it be? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-03-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 74
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (1)
Red face Made new account: If I'm going to get banned again, when will it be?

Hi there,

Like most people here, a number of my ebay accounts were all simultaneously suspended, some time last week.

At the weekend, I made a new account, following the advice here, with fresh email addresses, credit card number, name, address..etc..

I listed about 10 items, and it's been 3 days now and so far so good. My account hasn't been suspended by the ebay Nazis.

But I'm worried about listing any more items, because I'm worried ebay are going to cancel my account again.

I guess my question is: If they're going to link this account to an old suspended account, when will they do it? Would they have done it already? How often do they do these checks? Once a day? Once a week..etc..

If i've been going for 3 days, is it safe to assume I'm ok?

thanks in advance for any advice.

:o
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 09-03-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Hahahahahaha. God, this forum is reminding me why I hate our members. But I'll bite. You will get suspended. I guarantee it. It may take a couple of days, a couple of weeks, or even a couple of months. But you *will* be suspended.

You know, you people always assume ebay is evil, etc, but look at this guy. He's gotten suspended over and over it sounds, and keeps creating new accounts. We have policies for a reason, if you break them, you get suspended. The vast majority of the time you can appeal it and we'll tell you what you have to do, and it generally only takes a week or so and you're back on. If you keep violating said policies, your suspension time goes up, obviously. Creating a new account after being suspended is one of the more severe violations for obvious reasons. You're an idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-03-2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,393
Thanks: 14
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Who are you?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-03-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

lol tcho, just leave now. You probably don't even work for ebay! Just trying to put on the high and mighty act, so far you haven't given any tips at all! Just leave and never come back, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-03-2007
aspkin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,572
Thanks: 2,861
Thanked 3,624 Times in 1,547 Posts
Activity: 51%
Longevity: 100%
iTrader: (24)
Default

If you follow the rules for the most part, you should be okay as long as you don't accidentally link old accounts.

TCHO sounds like he's tired of eBay as well. We're all tired of eBay.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-03-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

ASPKIN, read this guys other posts. He is not tired of ebay.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-04-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
If you follow the rules for the most part, you should be okay as long as you don't accidentally link old accounts.

TCHO sounds like he's tired of eBay as well. We're all tired of eBay.
ah no from his posts aspkin he is saying, "your an idiot all you on this board you got banned for a good reason dont come back" check his posts he acts like he is part of ebay when he mumbles off generic sheit like there is no tomorrow. You ask him a simple questions he responds back with mumbo jumbo ignoring the questions to begin with and talksa bout how he sees people banned for having good feedback and not delivering the products. Uhh..ok hows that good I dont give you the goods and you still get good feedback yeah ok.....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-04-2007
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 74
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Hello, thanks for the replies.

Ok..so let me get this right: Is it ebays computer systems who are linking accounts and banning them, or is it an actual ebay employee who is doing it?

The way tchno, (the supposed ebay employee) is talking in a few of his other posts, I get the feeling that these ebay employees are like traffic wardens and work on commision! For every person they ban, they get extra £££ $$$

What I don't understand is, why ebay are so keen to ban people. I mean at the end of the day they're losing out on thousands of pounds/dollars worth of fees our listing fees and final value % fees. ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-04-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Either way....tchno is a prick. I say we ban his ass lol, he's providing no useful information at all. Just condescending drabble, and repeating **** we already know
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-04-2007
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 74
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (1)
Default

they got me again.

I can't think how. I did everything right.

The only thing they might have got me on is my images are hosted on my own website domain. I guess they have banned the domain.

Oh well, I'll try again.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-05-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

roger that, it was the hosting your own pictures bit. Try again, and good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-05-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

oh I think this belongs here. Just a precautionary question, if I am signing on and off from 2 safe accounts but with what might be the same IP addresss is that a red flag??
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-05-2007
frustrated's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
Hahahahahaha. God, this forum is reminding me why I hate our members. But I'll bite. You will get suspended. I guarantee it. It may take a couple of days, a couple of weeks, or even a couple of months. But you *will* be suspended.

You know, you people always assume ebay is evil, etc, but look at this guy. He's gotten suspended over and over it sounds, and keeps creating new accounts. We have policies for a reason, if you break them, you get suspended. The vast majority of the time you can appeal it and we'll tell you what you have to do, and it generally only takes a week or so and you're back on. If you keep violating said policies, your suspension time goes up, obviously. Creating a new account after being suspended is one of the more severe violations for obvious reasons. You're an idiot.
Loser!! you're either a eBay scum "worker" (if you want to call sitting on your duff working) or someone who is WAY too involved in this ebay suspension thing and you should get a life, stat. I noticed one cheap today on ebay Aussie, Aus funds too, can't beat THAT!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-05-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasabian View Post
Hello, thanks for the replies.

Ok..so let me get this right: Is it ebays computer systems who are linking accounts and banning them, or is it an actual ebay employee who is doing it?

The way tchno, (the supposed ebay employee) is talking in a few of his other posts, I get the feeling that these ebay employees are like traffic wardens and work on commision! For every person they ban, they get extra £££ $$$

What I don't understand is, why ebay are so keen to ban people. I mean at the end of the day they're losing out on thousands of pounds/dollars worth of fees our listing fees and final value % fees. ridiculous.
The eBay systems link the accounts and serve them up to a CSR who is working that particular queue to review to see if there is enough linking evidence to suspend. The systems don't do the actual suspensions themselves, they just serve up accounts which they feel may have enough linking evidence. It's also usually backed up with a probability of the accounts being linked (which more often than not is incorrect, but I digress).

No, there is no commission for suspending accounts, god I wish! With all the romanian/nigerian scam accounts we suspend a day I'd be rich!

I'd think the reason for suspending users is pretty obvious. If someone's caught violating one policy (let's say seller non performance, ie being a sucky seller and not sending items or sending items significantly not as described), we suspend them in order to 1) get them off the site and 2) hope that they want their account back and will try and resolve their complaints with buyers. Now if we suspend such a seller and they create another account, what good has the original suspension done? And obviously if they're the type of person that'll just continue creating accounts despite us telling them NOT to, well why do we want them trading on *our* site?

It's like getting banned from a store for a month, for say shoplifting. If you try and disguise yourself and go in and get caught, what would they do? Probably ban you for life and/or take other legal measures.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-05-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,106
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
The eBay systems link the accounts and serve them up to a CSR who is working that particular queue to review to see if there is enough linking evidence to suspend. The systems don't do the actual suspensions themselves, they just serve up accounts which they feel may have enough linking evidence. It's also usually backed up with a probability of the accounts being linked (which more often than not is incorrect, but I digress).
Reasonable enough. I could see it being a warning list sent to review by each CSR during their shift. It would add greater understanding to why the few times I've spoken with a rep, I'm invariably transferred to another rep mid-session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
I'd think the reason for suspending users is pretty obvious. If someone's caught violating one policy (let's say seller non performance, ie being a sucky seller and not sending items or sending items significantly not as described), we suspend them in order to 1) get them off the site and 2) hope that they want their account back and will try and resolve their complaints with buyers. Now if we suspend such a seller and they create another account, what good has the original suspension done? And obviously if they're the type of person that'll just continue creating accounts despite us telling them NOT to, well why do we want them trading on *our* site?

The answer to that should be obvious--more money in ebay's pocket. Assuming that the fees owed are paid. And let's be honest, the vast majority do pay at least most of their fees. Not everyone is resorting to the Modee model of doing business (for which he has his own reasons).

Also, just because someone violates one policy does not mean that they're a rebel bent on breaking all the rules or screwing over buyers. If someone conducts business in an honest manner and is unfairly booted from ebay for little reason (or little reason given), requests to have the matter resolved are turned down and the person is made to feel subhuman for their efforts... and the choice comes between selling or not selling?--most wouldn't even blink an eye. That doesn't mean this person is a crook! And it hurts no one. In fact, ebay just makes more profit. What harm is there? None that I can see. Some rules are just dumb and should be challenged. For ebay to have a "it's our playground, our rules, and you can't come in...nyahh attitude" is just childish and pig-headed. Do you really want that kind of unyielding stigma attached to *your* site?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-05-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I understand where you're coming from Jack, and I'll give some context to it.

The Previously Suspended User policy changed last year. It used to be a lot more lenient. A couple of things changed from how they used to be. The first change was that more evidence was required to suspend someone for a PSU. We need a certain amount of evidence from different 'lists', whereas before a lot less evidence was needed and it was more discretionary to the CSR working the case.

Also, the other thing that changed was how we deal with appeals and reinstatements. Before, you could keep creating new accounts and we'd suspend them and tell you to resolve the original account. Once that was resolved, we'd reinstate them all. Now what's happened is that since we feel we have stronger cases when we do a suspension, for the most part we say you have to resolve the original suspension AND wait a 12 month period on all your accounts. If you're caught with another account, the timer restarts.

There are still cases where we don't apply a 12 month period, such as if we suspend your main account for whatever and suspend 3 other accounts at the same time, or we suspend your other accounts a bit later but you weren't found to be using them or have created them *after* your original suspension. In these cases we'd say just resolve the original.

*phew*

Now as a person I agree with you when you say "just because someone violates one policy does not mean that they're a rebel bent on breaking all the rules or screwing over buyers". Some people create new accounts because they just didn't know, or they didn't read the suspension email thoroughly (or didn't read it at all), or they forgot about an old account, etc etc. I've personally fought with managers over reinstating accounts which I feel have been 'dumbly' suspended for 12 months, ie suspending a decent guy to a 4 year old account which was suspended for $1.50 of nonpayment. Sometimes they agree with me and overturn it, sometimes they don't. Unfortunately, to fight with management about every account lowers ones productivity, and we're graded, partially, on our productivity. So while some CSRs will make the effort, others won't. I can't say I've fought over every account I've seen as maybe unfair because I have metrics to meet and ultimately that's more important to me than some guy who *did* violate the policies, even if I feel they sincerely didn't know. And ultimately, when I'm working, I'm not just a person who can go with his heart. They pay me to put their policies in place, and that's what I have to do. They know that some of their policies are going to be harsh for some people, and it's a risk I suppose they've accepted. I'm only there to hit the big red suspend button (yes it's red and shiny) and go on to the next case which is served up.

Okay, lastly, the profit thing. eBay doesn't care. Ignoring that some people are unfairly or harshly punished, eBay wants the 'bad guys' out, and wants them to stay out. Some people do get the short end of the stick, and it sucks, but lots of people repeatedly abuse the system and do so purposely and maliciously. 'Bad guys' cost us more in a) reputation, b) membership and c) repayment than it's worth to allow them back on. This is why you've probably seen several very large sellers suspended in the last recent while. eBay's crackin' down. We've focussed on sellers for so long that we neglected buyers. Buyers are far less confident and feel less safe than they used to be and we need to do something about it. What eBay is trying to do is punish the guys who are sucking it up (even if they've got hundreds of thousands of feedback), and rewarding the good ones. The rewarding part is still being worked on though..lol...but a big part of it will happen when ebay rolls out the new search/results system.

Hope I've explained some things better here.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-10-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
iTrader: (0)
Default

actually no you did it again just mumbo jumbo like all your post I rap a rhyme also about nothing and act like im something I can repeat the same sentence, but say it differently each one also....this is great. YOu got banned my sister let it go man and admit to your crime.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-10-2007
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Huh? That didn't quite make sense...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-10-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

oh really, well I think it makes perfect sense. lmao finally somebody get's it!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-10-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default Suspended Account

My account was suspended in 2004 for VERO violations. Stupidly, I tried to fight the VERO owner to no avail since they were refusing to respond to my e-mails.

I tried to have the account re-instated by faxing the driver's license and credit card statement without the courtesy of a response. I responded with further appeals because EBay still owed me a credit.

I opened up another account (I did not see any warning on not opening another account), achieved 99.8% positive fedback (2000+ buyers) and achieved power seller status. I no longer sold that VERO merchandise again. Now I get suspended from the 2nd account because the first account is still suspended.

I know I did wrong, but why did it take EBay 3 years to find this out? It wasn't like I was using another name.

It's hard to believe that I will never get reinstated based on my good feedback, but looking through this forum, I am going to be forever banned.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-10-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
iTrader: (0)
Default

feel for ya my man....just get back on with the same mentality that has ebay for you.....get my drift.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-11-2007
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
Hahahahahaha. God, this forum is reminding me why I hate our members. But I'll bite. You will get suspended. I guarantee it. It may take a couple of days, a couple of weeks, or even a couple of months. But you *will* be suspended.

You know, you people always assume ebay is evil, etc, but look at this guy. He's gotten suspended over and over it sounds, and keeps creating new accounts. We have policies for a reason, if you break them, you get suspended. The vast majority of the time you can appeal it and we'll tell you what you have to do, and it generally only takes a week or so and you're back on. If you keep violating said policies, your suspension time goes up, obviously. Creating a new account after being suspended is one of the more severe violations for obvious reasons. You're an idiot.
Might be a little late jumping in on this, and someone might have already said it, but it does not take only a week to reinstate an account. If it did, this forum wouldn't exist. I received a 7 day suspension and sent multiple emails to eBay, and received nothing BUT automated replies. I waited till the week was up, did the appeal process, I even spoke with Live Help, on several occasions and all they said I could do was email, which I had already done. I continued this for three weeks before saying SCREW IT! And opening a new one. If Ebay's joke of a customer service department actually did anything useful, most of the people in this forum wouldn't be opening new accounts.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EBAY is so Smart GGRRR!! Banned :( BourneSupremacy eBay Discussion! 7 09-03-2007 01:11 PM
How many listing can be safely made on Ebay soshelp eBay Suspensions 6 08-16-2007 03:07 PM
Can listings made with Auctiva be revised later? Jonas eBay Discussion! 1 05-28-2007 12:42 PM
which IP address will ebay banned ? diri eBay Suspensions 3 05-11-2007 11:56 AM
Friend's ebay account got banned make0moneyonebay eBay Suspensions 11 03-24-2007 01:58 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts