Selling Limits! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-03-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Selling Limits!

Ok so I've had my eBay account since 11/06. I didn't use it like at all until April of this year. I have bought 6 items and sold 1 LV watch. My feedback is 100% but the feedback score is only 4.

I went to try to sell a LV purse and it tells me You cannot submit your listing due to the following problems

Important message

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but in order to maintain a safe trading environment, there's a limit on the number of times individual sellers can list or revise certain items in a period of 30 consecutive days.

You've reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This isn't a reflection on your account or selling activity. These limits apply to all accounts. But it does mean you won't be able to complete this listing right now. (You can still list other kinds of items, though.)

Items that are subject to selling limits can change, so we can’t be specific about which listings fall under these protective limits.

Long-time sellers with proven track records and other positive account attributes may be eligible for higher selling limits. If you believe that you would qualify, please review our selling limits page for more information.

I am trying to get rid of some things and thought the best way to get rid of them would be on eBay but lots of it is designer goods.

I already wrote them a pissed off email since I'm Paypal verified since 06, had the eBay account since 06 and have 100 % feedback. I'm sure I'll get a rude auto response. I just googled and found out that this is a HUGE problem with eBay these days! WTF!

Anyways, I need that money and have no idea what to do now. I heard that if you open a new account with the same ip they will suspend you indefinitely.

I read in another forum
"Usually selling limits are put on new sellers/members with less than 100 feedback, who are selling in a high-fraud category (electronics, designer purses, cosmetics), who have low DSRs (less than 4.3), or who have outstanding disputes against them."

Is there any way for me to get the feedback to 100? Does it even make a difference since they already limited my account? Will I only be able to sell one item a month? I hate that they won't tell you the guidelines.

HELP?!?

Oh and I sold the watch on 7/13.

Last edited by haileyk; 08-03-2009 at 10:52 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes, same vero product has 30 day gap, you need to alternate your products to keep selling on one account, if you make a few more accounts its easier, congrats on selling LV they are very hot on takedowns
Old 08-03-2009
Threadstarter  

So can I sell Cartier and GAP and other brands just not another LV for 30 days?
Old 08-03-2009
Threadstarter  

if i make more accounts cant they see my ip and then ban all of them? i won't have any feedback for the new accounts and they would have to be linked to the same paypal so wouldnt that send up a red flag? plus you cant sell with zero feedback no?

if i can find an ebay account for sale with high feedback will that help?

Last edited by haileyk; 08-03-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-03-2009

Yes they can see your ip. That's why you need to change it ... You shouldn't link your other ebay accounts with the same paypal, and avoid selling Vero items with 0 feedback! If you're serious about this I recommend getting Aspkin's guide or doing some research in this forum.
Old 08-03-2009

Activity: 2%

This is a hot topic.
Old 08-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Vba, thanks for reconfirming what I thought. Not sure how I'm supposed to get around this and a bit skeptical about an eBook thatll give me all of the answers. I will consider it though.
Old 08-03-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Yeah I agree, if you're asking about eBay linking you by ip then you should purchase the Stealth Book. It will answer all of your questions.
Old 08-03-2009

Longevity: 92%

why not just make multiple accounts, so you have your 1 account, get a new email address, then sign up for a new account with same info. Link your current paypal to the new account, then just list that 1 LV item.
Old 08-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

You can have 3 ebays per paypal.

Some big brands have 30 day limits, and some dont, you will have to find that out when you try and list, so vary account if you stock these.

Caution, you will get so many takedowns with these brands...if you do get a td dont list any vero on that account for 90 days
Old 08-04-2009
Threadstarter  

well i cant even put them up since i get that error..lol..but thanks for the info for if i get a takedown...when i get an error msg does eBay see that???

i bought the stealth ebook and read it last night...helps a lot...i have about 6 people that i can use their information (family members) i just need different addresses for them and some gift cards to get them going...i also need to figure out if my ip is static or not because i cant get it to change...

ill get some feedback from lower priced items for the different accounts...how much feedback do you think i should get until i start selling on the new accts??? i know the ebook recommends waiting 30 days...

also oompa you said that ill only be able to list 1 of each brand name every 30 days...does anyone have any idea what my feedback would need to be before i can start selling more than ex) one LV purse..on the same account???

thanks for all of your help.
Old 08-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

I dont think error message matters to ebay, yes they can probably see youve tried to list and not succeeded

You can start selling on a zero feedback account in theory the more fb the better from buyers point of view thats all. Yes 30 days wait is a good idea..

I dont know what your goods are like, if they are faux vero or authentic vero, it makes a difference to the look of the goods in general and how much proof you can give if challenged. However auth or not , if the vero owner doesnt want you selling their goods and targets you, you are off ebay, so stay under radar. 3 takedowns in close succession and you are off.

Unless you are an authorised seller or my poupette member etc of LV or any other hot vero (they vary in fierceness for vero members) you would have real trouble selling even moderate quantities, I will wager that it will be hard enough to sell one a month of each per account without takedowns.

vero is not for the fainthearted, truth is , unless you are authorised, you will not sell moderate to large quantities of it on one account, so dont rely on it for whole income, add it in the account few times a month along with other blander goods. Find goods that make less profit but hold up your account as main products, then you will get alot of fb and the vero will be more accepted, the profit on vero is delicious and the sales are always certain, people want branded goods the most out of everything on ebay, but there is a price to pay, vero owners DONT like their goods sold on ebay for a variety of reasons the main one being their lower cost., add to this a competitor can report you for copyright easily and you get taken down.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 08-04-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Well I have like 3 auth vero watches, which is what I was trying to get rid of asap for some extra cash..and then 2 vero purses that I bought previously off of eBay which I am sure are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but didn't think it was a big deal to list them since they were sold to me off of eBay...guess the purses aren't going up :P

I mean basically I want to sell VERO watches and continue to do so in higher volumes eventually...I have all of their papers and everything but I don't really have a supplier since I plan on buying them used off of various people in my area...and then once I get those going ideally I would like to open my doors to other items...basically like a designer second hand store...

For the other lower profit items until my feedback is higher and the VERO is more accepted...I know that cosmetics and purses are really bad to get into...what about smaller brand clothing? like selling lacoste and ralph lauren clothing??? think that would be okay or are they cracking down on that??
Old 08-04-2009

Lacoste is bad...I haven't heard that cosmetics are bad before???? How so?
Old 08-04-2009
Threadstarter  

ok so thats a no for lacoste...what about ralph? tommy? juicy? ed hardy?

yeah I read something about cosmetics being high risk or something i think it was in eBay...weird ino...maybe use that as a filler too...might be an idea since it is a lot cheaper than shirts and all of that...
Old 08-04-2009

Activity: 2%

I'm an expert on this and know all about it.

1. You need to have 3 months of successful positive selling and OVER 4.3 DSR/stars in EVERY category. If not, you will be limited to list items (like me for instance, I was only able to sell only 4 "Nike" "Air Force One/1" items every 30 days and my feedback was only 2) so feedback does matter.
2. Once you accomplish #1 you can list many items usually 5 per 30 days, (depends what you're selling) UNTIL you reach 50+ feedback your selling limits will be raised. The more feedback you have the better. Being 100+ with over 4.3 DSR in every category and consistently selling (positively) is perfect.
3. Try not to revise anything as It will lower your revision/selling limit.

As you sell some of them, receive positive feedback, with NO complaints regarding their authenticity, your limits will be considered for increase. It all has to do with fraud, and eBay is being careful.

This originally started because so many high end designer items were being counterfeited and sold on eBay. Seems every manufacturer in the world is jumping on the band wagon and becoming 'afraid' their rights are being violated by members selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff. Any VeRO member can request this limit be placed on the sale of their goods.

Your overall feedback is not the problem. It's your sales of that particular manufacturer's item. As you do successfull sales with that manufacturer, slowly at first, your limit will be raised. If you were to start selling a new product, you may find you are restricted on that item and will need to go through the same process for that manufacturer.

Also, you should note that this is not really eBay's idea. They do it to stay out of court. They don't want to lose yet another law suit.

Reasons we restrict selling or site activity
"To maintain a safe marketplace we sometimes restrict selling activity.

For example, sellers are required to meet a certain level of buyer satisfaction. If buyer satisfaction falls below expectations, a seller’s activity might be limited.

Other restrictions can be placed on items that are often favored by counterfeiters. Although the majority of sellers offer genuine items, we help protect buyers from non-genuine listings by imposing the following restrictions:

Sellers might need to be registered for a period of time before selling certain types of items or volumes of items.

Sellers might not be able to use one-day or three-day listings for certain types of items.

If limits have been placed on your account, you can find out why by checking your seller dashboard or contacting customer support."

Last edited by OfficialGenius; 08-04-2009 at 10:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OfficialGenius For This Useful Post:
aking (01-28-2010)
Old 08-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

one of my accounts is over 50 fb and oe is over 100 fb and still get these restrictions.
It depends on what you sell
It is very hard to get that many sales on a hot vero brand without drawing their attention to you and them wanting to look in to your goods further...
Old 08-07-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haileyk View Post
Ok so I've had my eBay account since 11/06. I didn't use it like at all until April of this year. I have bought 6 items and sold 1 LV watch. My feedback is 100% but the feedback score is only 4.

I went to try to sell a LV purse and it tells me You cannot submit your listing due to the following problems

Important message

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but in order to maintain a safe trading environment, there's a limit on the number of times individual sellers can list or revise certain items in a period of 30 consecutive days.

You've reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This isn't a reflection on your account or selling activity. These limits apply to all accounts. But it does mean you won't be able to complete this listing right now. (You can still list other kinds of items, though.)

Items that are subject to selling limits can change, so we can’t be specific about which listings fall under these protective limits.

Long-time sellers with proven track records and other positive account attributes may be eligible for higher selling limits. If you believe that you would qualify, please review our selling limits page for more information.

I am trying to get rid of some things and thought the best way to get rid of them would be on eBay but lots of it is designer goods.

I already wrote them a pissed off email since I'm Paypal verified since 06, had the eBay account since 06 and have 100 % feedback. I'm sure I'll get a rude auto response. I just googled and found out that this is a HUGE problem with eBay these days! WTF!

Anyways, I need that money and have no idea what to do now. I heard that if you open a new account with the same ip they will suspend you indefinitely.

I read in another forum
"Usually selling limits are put on new sellers/members with less than 100 feedback, who are selling in a high-fraud category (electronics, designer purses, cosmetics), who have low DSRs (less than 4.3), or who have outstanding disputes against them."

Is there any way for me to get the feedback to 100? Does it even make a difference since they already limited my account? Will I only be able to sell one item a month? I hate that they won't tell you the guidelines.

HELP?!?

Oh and I sold the watch on 7/13.

i would contact ebay and tell them you are selling your own items and see what they say
Old 08-08-2009

It doesn't matter if you are selling your own items or not. For Ebay, Vero is Vero anyway you look at it.
Old 08-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Lyda is correct. If ebay thinks the item is not within (undisclosed) guidelines, it will not be easy to list & sell.
Old 08-08-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Very true. I devised my own product. Got a publisher to distribute. Contracted with major retail outlets. Sold it myself on ebay. ebay said I was stealing the images from the retailers as well as not being authorized to sell the units. Thus copyright and VeRO. Had to fight with them to prove that the retailer images were MY images that I provided to the retailers for their own promotional purposes and that I invented the thing and was sole holder of all rights to the device.