Interview with Ebay employee - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Modee, I'm just speaking as someone who received stock options when eBay was at an incredible high and are worth nothing right now And it's pretty damn exciting to see it at over $38, when it was down to 24 earlier in the year. Gives me hope for my options, and makes my other stock in the company which is worth something more valuable. No need to get all technical on me about it lol
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 97%

I buy penny stocks. I kind of got paid$$ of the linux stock when I bought of it when it was penny stock, then it hit almost $5 a share....
Old 09-19-2007

Longevity: 99%

Oh goodie...stock talk!

Maybe someone can answer this. I still own shares in a former employer which has done ok for themselves, but not stellar. The payout cost of my trading company...I forget exactly the figure but it ended up taking probably about a 10th out for each transaction for the broker. I'm not exactly stock savvy, but that seems to me a bit high. Is there any good that can come out of keeping such a program after you've left an employer (thinking in a longterm sense) or is the best course of action to pick a high tide and sell to recoup and put the money in a more lucrative stock option? In other words, the leapfrog approach.
Old 09-20-2007

Longevity: 96%

I think it's been more geared to buyers for some time. I sold sports jerseys and I had a defective one that I accidentally sent to a buyer. Buyer was unhappy and filed a Paypal complaint. I sent him another jersey (without asking for the other back) and he did not drop the PayPal complaint. For some reason, PayPal found for him and refunded his money. So he has 2 jerseys and my money as well. I ask him to pay me back, but he tells me that I should bear all responsibility and this is punishment. So I file for the non-paying bidder deal. By looking at his feedback, I noticed that he sold the defective jersey! So now he has 1 jersey, my money, and money for the defective jersey. I notify eBay about the listing because the dfective jersey is stolen property. So what happens? I give negative feedback and get my fee listing back by having a non-paying strike against him. What does EBay do? They reverse the strike against him.

I agree with you, EBay has to look at buyers because if they don't, EBay becomes one giant Craigs List. However, some customer support for sellers is necessary.

I know if you're selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Gucci bags, Ebay shouldn't tell you why they are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ because the counterfeiters will make better ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I think EBay should stimply state that they reviiwed the listing and photo and based on similar listings, EBay believes the item is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. If you can prepare proper authentication (i.e., receipt from a bonafide Gucci seller or Gucci wholesaler), EBay will reinstate the listing.

I bought some stock at $26 and more at $32. I've loved EBay since I first started selling beanie babies in 1999. That's why it was such heartbreak to be gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcho View Post
arysmith, you brought up some interesting issues which I wanted to address.

I think we all agree that not enough reasons are given for suspensions at times (most times). I've already mentioned why this is, giving out too much information so members can sneak past the policies while still breaking them. Is it fair? Probably not to some, but I suppose it's a cost of doing business.

The slanted towards buyers part. This is funny because it's only this year that eBay has really focussed on buyers. It's been all about sellers since eBay began. eBay has done everything to try to bring sellers in, and research found (there were nifty powerpoint slides about this) that we're losing the buyers we had! eBay was getting more and more of a bad rep for scammers and counterfeits, etc and buyers are getting scared off from the site. Sellers alone are not eBay. Without the buyers, they are nothing. Of course buyers alone aren't eBay either. We need both for everyone to be successful. So finally, for the first time in 10 years or so, eBay is trying to shift a bit of focus from supporting the sellers almost exclusively, to trying to improve the buying experience for the members which give all of us business. This is part of the reason why you're seeing bigger crackdowns on sellers (including powersellers) which have an "unacceptable" amount of complaints, as well as some policy changes regarding stores, and the new interface changes which are coming up.

I agree with you that there should be more transparency in regards to how you can appeal a suspension and more-so towards how the policies are implemented, but the battle is how eBay can do that while not giving away too much information to those who would abuse the system (and people would abuse the system!). If we tell you this, this and this is exactly what we look for in regards to a certain policy, then you'll have 1000 people creating accounts and getting around those policies while still breaking it. Is it fair that one legitimate guy who didn't know better gets suspended to keep those 1000 people off? Maybe, maybe not. Does it make sense for eBay's bottom line? I'd assume so.

Anyways, did you check out the stock price lately? It's been skyrocketing!! My options might actually be worth something soon, lol! Debating whether I should sell the stocks I own now or wait. I feel that magical $40 inching up!!!