RIP eBay 2019 - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-18-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Re: RIP eBay 2019

Also, just so everyone knows, eBay uses a tracker called ThreatMetrix, which is now owned by Lexisnexis and branded Lexisnexis Risk Solutions. However, the trackers does not load every time or on every page.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoney9999 View Post
Also, just so everyone knows, eBay uses a tracker called ThreatMetrix, which is now owned by Lexisnexis and branded Lexisnexis Risk Solutions. However, the trackers does not load every time or on every page.
Interesting to read about - thanks
Old 11-18-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Trust me, ebay will survive without stealthers. No need to find an alternative platform.

The reason why accounts get suspended is they are poorly created.

I'm in the UK and could, if I wanted, create a dozen accounts a day and I guarantee not one would be suspended when I list an item.
absolutely true.
It's all about your setup and tools.
Old 11-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
What does ThreatMetrix do?
Old 11-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
What does ThreatMetrix do?
Risk assessment through digital verification, it looks like.

http://risk.lexisnexis.com/about-us
Old 11-18-2019

Longevity: 40%

So much power to be held in the digital world with this info lol.
Remember a vote for Andrew Yang means at least your making 1k a month off your data they get to digitaly analyze and use against us.
Old 11-19-2019

It's possible eBay relies entirely on Lexisnexis's risk assessment score without further inquiry. I've used this database before, and it is a powerful tool, but there is a lot of outdated and wrong info in it as well. It's a great starting point, but it's not really set up to do what they want it to do. If they are relying on this info entirely, they will always make many mistakes.
Old 11-19-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,548 Times in 2,201 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

So what do you know about the thing eBay actually wants to do?

Clamp up even more and making it even harder?
Old 11-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
It's possible eBay relies entirely on Lexisnexis's risk assessment score without further inquiry. I've used this database before, and it is a powerful tool, but there is a lot of outdated and wrong info in it as well. It's a great starting point, but it's not really set up to do what they want it to do. If they are relying on this info entirely, they will always make many mistakes.
Likely not 100% reliance then
Old 11-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
So what do you know about the thing eBay actually wants to do?

Clamp up even more and making it even harder?
Trying to guess the motivation would be pure conjecture. It seems pretty obvious that this system doesn't benefit eBay in terms of profits. It's also not very good at deterring fraud. My best wild guess is that the security department has outsize influence that is able to block any changes that might threaten it.
Old 11-21-2019

Longevity: 47%

Ebay is a total monopolist. 10% of the commission for Ebay and the 4% of the commission for Payapal it is massacre. In Poland Ebay suggested the same commissions and for the sale the Allegro had a Polish portal commissions of the 3%! Yes, only a 3% of the commission (allegro 100 times are better than Ebay, namely was, now a bit deteriorated). Ebay at once lost and it is completely on the margin. In Poland he doesn't have a problem with frauds, they are on a small scale, so Ebay let isn't explaining that they are caring for customers and are closing all accounts, even the ones which sa normal and good. Ebay is simply a monopolist and people doesn't have other serious platform for the sale in the USA. Craglist is tiny and made a mistake that hadn't become bigger, if did the professional web page, but certainly ebay would simply buy them. You have monopolists in the USA which are simply destroying you. Life.

In the USA the monopoly is everywhere. In Europe of the company from the USA which want to do the monopoly are getting very high penalties.

Therefore it is exactly in Europe more normally. Ebay is a margin. Many countries have own platforms of the sale - purchases far more better than Ebay.

In the USA people are very lazy, fat itd:] he doesn't depend for them at all whether there is a monopoly whether no, important well will earn at the work, the rest is not making any difference. Passivity = consent to the monopoly

Of course Alibaba and Aliexpress also beating ebay, Simply there he is simply normally, but its China, it is to the truth a very clever nation

Last edited by lops1987; 11-21-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%

Actually ebay is NOT a monopoly since there is plenty of competition for it - so by definition it NOT a monopoly.
They rip you off on the fees. You have other options then. Noone is forcing you to agree to their terms and fees and nobody s forcing you to use their services. You do so by choice. If you prefer NOT to use their services go to any one of their competitors.
And your comments about 'fat' and 'lazy' Americans show just how much you know and reflect rather poorly on you. It is YOU after all who is using (and bitching) about an American platform.
Old 11-21-2019

OK
There are goods which you won't sell at a profit locally, you must sell it to the person from a distance. You don't have an exit, you must use Ebay. You must pay 10+4%=14% fees, its massacre fee. They in Poland are only paying 2-3 %. The second matter. In Poland you can pay the 0% because people more trust themselves. You are placing an advertisement locally and you are selling from a distance. The person before the payment for the packet can open it and check what is inside. I am saying one more time, Ebay is an evil, great evil, but alone you bred this evil for yourselves and now is how is.

For people in USA he doesn't simply depend whether will pay 10 whether 20% of the commission. He is a problem to create the platform sale purchase which would have 4-5 %? I don't think. But I am sure that Ebay immediately would buy such a company. Because how I am saying classical American monopolist.

Anyway on Ebay it is possible to sell many products illegally very much. It is possible to outwit ebay, it is necessary simply to think so how thinks ebay and to do this way as ebay he wants, it is necessary in order to clever and on ebay it is possible with under-the-counter goods to earn huge money.

Last edited by lops1987; 11-21-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%

If you have an issue don't use the service.
Use your local avenues as you yourself stated.
And 'we' bred' this evil?
Dude youre absurd. We're all of us in the same boat. You don't see me trashing on Polish people for YOUR nonsense here so why don't you just act a bit more civl-like and knock it off with the moronic trash talking.
And if you think ebay will buy any company then I guess you have your million dollar exit idea - open such a company and have ebay buy you out. Youll be retired by 30. Good luck.
Old 11-21-2019
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
I've been saying and thinking this for a long time eBay and PayPal don't rely or need stealth accounts by any means. I'm sure stealth accounts are not even 5% of the total market.

Truth be told every stealth account created does more harm than good in the long run.

They've had all they want of stealth accounts now and have stepped there game way up and it's only going to get worse and worse...I wouldn't doubt if these forums have a big fall out. I've seen so many postings of people having so many problems.
lolz..to even suggest 5% is pretty comical..it's not even half a percent..people don't care enough like us to do this
Old 11-21-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,548 Times in 2,201 Posts
Activity: 53%

Yea, this is what this forum is all about people with problems and issues.

It's not fair to say that "I've seen so many postings of people having so many problems" and use that as a bar to measure. MOST people don't have issues with stealth (like me... running 50+ accounts, half 10+ years old and half a few weeks old).

So don't let the loudest mouths fool you. There's ALWAYS be issues and we have the best members here on the internet who know what to do or they'll come up with something to fix the issues which I have seen many times over.
Old 11-21-2019

Quote:
I'll address some of these concerns, as well as the one on other threads, since I have a bit of eBay experience in general, and with stealth accounts later, since 2004.

In my opinion, eBay isn't any harder to use now than it always has been. However, eBay has always been hard to use for the most part. eBay has created a unique situation where it became the only popular auction site but also amassed a large security apparatus.

First, no one should be calling the customer service phone number. The people you end up connecting to are not interested in helping you and may make it worse. If you need to contact eBay at all, use Twitter or Facebook. I've had problems solved through those venues, and you also get their responses in writing. I have personally never received any actual help over the phone. Also, I've created a list of eBay email address, all which come from either their website or emails. I've used this method to fix certain problems when I could not get help any other way. (In general you should limit contact with eBay. They are known to retaliate against contacting customer service too often or for reason they don't like).

Second, new seller accounts can't be used to list items right away. You need to build up a couple of weeks or more of other non-selling activity. For example, this would include buying or bidding on items, searching for items in a realistic manner, updating account information, reading messages, responding to random surveys etc. It's been like this for a long time. If you try to list an item immediately, it will allow it, but you will be banned within about 30 to 40 minutes by an automated system.

eBay's security system is essentially the same as it always has been just with some changes. Their security setup is probably wildly expensive at this point. I'm also guessing that it affects quite a lot of people other than just 'stealth' accounts. If eBay uses Lexisnexis, there are ways to counter this. 1.) You can sign up for a free trial of Lexis Advance. Just search on Google; with a bit of social engineering, you should be able to get a trial. Then you could can search the database with the identity you have. 2.) You can suppress the information on Lexisnexis for the identity you've created. Search on Google for lexisnexis information suppression, and it will give you a form to mail in. For the reason for the request, only certain ones are permitted, such as threat of physical harm or identity theft (select one of those). Once the info is suppressed, it can't be accessed by eBay anymore. What you have to realize is that eBay doesn't follow it's own rules, so you need to changes expectations based upon that.

If eBay is having issues with valuation or profit, I think they only have themselves to blame. All third-party platforms have certain opaque policies and procedures, but eBay's policies probably impede their growth significantly. eBay customer service is known to be notoriously bad, but why? Well, there is some evidence that poor customer service leads to higher profits, including a journal article in Harvard Business Review. But in this case, I think a normally accessible customer support would be impossible for eBay to manage due to problem caused by their own policies. Their best bet is to delay answering the questions dealing with these policies as long as possible, preferably not addressing them at all. One thing I've always noticed is that their inflexibility on suspended accounts often results in eBay never receiving the fees owed on that account. I'm sure they have lost a fortune that way. Only a fundamental restructure in policy would probably solve eBay's problems long term.
Man oh man you're a wealth of knowledge, thanks for sharing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Redman For This Useful Post:
Snugglytiger (02-05-2020)
Old 11-22-2019

One more time I will repeat. In Poland we have a service at the post office, that it is possible to pay for the packet when we open it by the postman. Thanks to that we can buy everywhere, from every local (from entire of country) announcement and it is safely. Why as the USA and perhaps other, big, strong countries didn't invent such a large country this way of trivial way.
Thanks to that for one solution the trade is developing very well and no big commercial portal is needed.
In the USA or for example in England (of England I am not reliable) it's impossible. Therefore sellers this way are persecuted because cannot send and if only the purchaser paid at the receipt and still checked the letter.
Old 11-22-2019

I use translator when I must write a lot of sentences, ihihi :]

Yes, Cash on Delivery but with option opening the packet before the payment.
Brilliant simple solution of the problem. I am buying where I want in Poland, the seller is sending me with such an option and everyone are happy.

Thanks to this one option life of the purchaser second hand things became much, much simpler

Last edited by lops1987; 11-22-2019 at 03:24 AM.
Old 11-22-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

COD was huge in the US 60-70 years ago, but it seems to have run it's course. USA doesn't have the moral standards for that type of thing anymore. Sellers would take huge losses since half their buyers wouldn't pay.
Old 11-22-2019

uuuu it is interesting
In the interest of Ebay it is so that there are no option of paying at the receipt and checking the letter. In my opinion they would lose many million very much annually, however average people would make a profit. And there would be far more freedom in this respect. Generally speaking such a company as Ebay is exercising from taking away the part of the freedom of choice from the ordinary men.

In the world in such a way that he is always with what more option all the more a man is free. If companies form own law always create them so that the man doesn't feel free in order can limit the man.

I simply want to send a parcel taking a risk, it ow I am deciding whether I am taking a risk rather than the system, not companies which created this system.

It is I am supposed to have a freedom in the risk assessment rather than if only the system only assessed the risk and drove me.
Its true FREEDOM :]

Last edited by lops1987; 11-22-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-22-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Anyone who is not happy with Ebay -whether it is listing restriction,payment options,or fees should find another venue to sell.
Where can you find a venue where you can list from home,open 24/7 and your goods are visible to potential buyers all over the world?
I have shipped to countries like S Africa,Egypt,Israel,Canada,UK,Ireland,Germany,Fran ce,AUstria,Switzerland,Norway,Sweden,Denmark,Japan ,HK,Singapore,Malaysia,Indonesia,India,China,Austr alia,Argentina,Brazil,Mexico,Saudi Arabia,Peru,New Zealand,South Korea,Russia,Spain.
99.9 % success rate in 25 years !

Last edited by agent006140; 11-22-2019 at 08:54 AM.