Please Help. New Ebay Account IP's - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-27-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default Please Help. New Ebay Account IP's

As it says in the title, I need HELP.....

I was banned from Ebay due to my ex partner completely cocking up her Ebay account. After numerous calls to Ebay trying to explain the problem, they were not interested. I guess we all know how Ebay acts.

So now I need to open a new Ebay account.

I can open a new account in my sisters in laws name and address as she already has one that is some years old. I am also able to use her paypal.

However I still need to use my laptop....

I have read that Ebay tracks you through your cookies which I have cleared out and also your IP address.

I have spoken to my service provider and they have told me that if I do a full re-set of my router it will change the IP address on my router.
Does this sound right ?

Also do i need to change my Laptops IP address ? I can do this, but I am not sure if i would need to set a static or automaic IP......

Could someone please help.
And I will apologise now being a bit of tech dummy........
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Please Help. New Ebay Account IP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonpaulsando View Post
As it says in the title, I need HELP.....

I was banned from Ebay due to my ex partner completely cocking up her Ebay account. After numerous calls to Ebay trying to explain the problem, they were not interested. I guess we all know how Ebay acts.
You'd have better chances flogging a dead horse back to life.

Quote:
So now I need to open a new Ebay account.
Indeed you do. But make that several accounts as having one is still a risk. With several accounts, you can spread your risk. If one account goes down, just carry on selling on another.

Quote:
I can open a new account in my sisters in laws name and address as she already has one that is some years old. I am also able to use her paypal.
No matter how tempting it seems, don't do that. You're likely to ruin her account as you're new to stealth. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't even use her address - except perhaps for returns, and I would not print that address anywhere on eBay.

Quote:
However I still need to use my laptop....

I have read that Ebay tracks you through your cookies which I have cleared out and also your IP address.

I have spoken to my service provider and they have told me that if I do a full re-set of my router it will change the IP address on my router.
Does this sound right ?
These days, eBay track you with more than just cookies and IPs. If you want to know how far they go, read their updated "User Privacy Notice and User Cookie Notice "

As regards the router, it's true, but that's not the full story. Next time you turn off the router, it will give off yet a different address. Eventually, you'd end up with an IP address you've used before. If this was the same router you and your partner had both suspensions on - then, please drop it off your plans like a bad case of miscarriage! Get a Three UK or O2 contract sim and an unlocked MiFi device from eBay. That should supply you plenty of IP addresses.

Quote:
Also do i need to change my Laptops IP address ? I can do this, but I am not sure if i would need to set a static or automaic IP......
The comment above applies. Your IPs will change so make sure you 'log' your IPs with each use. JamesNorth101 has kindly made an excel file to help you log IPs. Download it here

Quote:
Could someone please help.
And I will apologise now being a bit of tech dummy........
As soon as you get on with it, you'd find you have far more questions than you've posted here.

Here are my two cents:

1. Purchase and read the stealth guide. You're not going to go very far if you do not have the knowledge within the guide.

2. You could try but I would advise not to bother making your own stealth accounts yet. The success rate is lower than it used to be at the moment and for someone who's itching to get back on eBay whilst struggling with the concept of stealth - you don't need the extra frustration. When you business is back up and running, you can start experimenting on your own stealth accounts.

3. Purchase any needed account from the marketplace
If you do not want to face the troubles of another potential suspension when you approach £1700 in sales, then you should look for "All limits lifted" accounts instead. These are rare these days but a seller called ebayorburst has got them on and off sometimes.

4. Visit this forum as often as you can. Without fully understanding the fundamentals of stealth, success will be a long hard road.

Good luck and we wish you well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
rsot (01-30-2020), SaiJin (01-30-2020), wild seller (01-31-2020)
Old 01-30-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Old 01-30-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,551 Times in 2,204 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Simon,

Pandora really took the time to lay everything out for you.
Here's a summary to simplify things:

You are all over the place, start with the stealth guide.

You really need it.
Old 02-02-2020

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

I would just go ahead and use my sister in law account,by that I mean have her do all the listings for you on her device and pay her a certain %.
What Pandora recommends would be too much for a non technical person,KISS until you are ready