MC011, they want fees paid before they consider reinstatement - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-03-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default MC011, they want fees paid before they consider reinstatement

Received an MC011 2 weeks ago, perhaps because I received a large volume of orders and was late in shipping out a portion (but I’m still above standard!).

eBay requested proof of purchase, I supplied receipts.
Then they request the fees be paid for them to proceed with the case and “consider” reinstatement. Reading the email, it felt like they’re not going to reinstate my account. My fees are close to 3k. A friend was saying to forget it and just get another account, but idk. What do you think
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: MC011, they want fees paid before they consider reinstatement

I sold bundles of toilet paper some time before the suspension a few weeks ago. I sold shoes (80% of my last 90 days sold items were shoes), too, but just sent the receipts for the shoes as it would have been weird to show toilet paper receipts.
Old 04-03-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

Well, if you pwe them money, then you need to pay it.
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

You'll have to decide if you'd rather pay the $3k, or have a delinquent account showing on your credit report for the next several years. I'm assuming this is your real account so if you don't pay, they will definitely send your bill to a collection agency.

Personally I'd just square up with eBay. You've already made your money.. not really cool to hold back eBay's cut when you they're the ones that helped you get paid in the first place.
Old 04-03-2020
Threadstarter  

It just irked me how they requested it be paid now for the case to be considered, since it’s not really due until 2 weeks from now.
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You'll have to decide if you'd rather pay the $3k, or have a delinquent account showing on your credit report for the next several years. I'm assuming this is your real account so if you don't pay, they will definitely send your bill to a collection agency.

Personally I'd just square up with eBay. You've already made your money.. not really cool to hold back eBay's cut when you they're the ones that helped you get paid in the first place.
Thanks for the voice of reason. Holding onto eBay fees just makes stealth harder for everyone eventually.
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harariman99 View Post
It just irked me how they requested it be paid now for the case to be considered, since it’s not really due until 2 weeks from now.
Lol. This isn't their first rodeo and they know exactly what you're thinking. Holding the reinstatement of your account over your head is basically the only leverage eBay has against you, so that's what they're doing, in hopes that you'll pay up instead of abandon your account.
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Well, if you pwe them money, then you need to pay it.
That;s very charitable - especially considering what an understanding and charitable organisation Ebay is

Sorry but my response would be sue me if you can find me
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
Thanks for the voice of reason. Holding onto eBay fees just makes stealth harder for everyone eventually.
Oh please - this is peeing up my back and telling me it's raining - do you seriously advocate that the OP paying a multi million pound company 3 grand will make stealth easier? Can I have some of what you're smoking please?
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
Sorry but my response would be sue me if you can find me
I doubt they'd sue you in the US but it would drag your credit score down quite a bit, and I don't know whether or not the collections agencies apply interest to the amount they're trying to collect from you.
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Oh please - this is peeing up my back and telling me it's raining - do you seriously advocate that the OP paying a multi million pound company 3 grand will make stealth easier? Can I have some of what you're smoking please?
That illustration does not fit. It comes off as a cop-out for mounting a sophisticated argument.

I suppose there aren't thousands of sellers who have walked away with eBay fees. OP must be the first to consider it.

Stealth accounts are getting harder to create and operate. Based on what I've deduced (even considering eBay's condition to OP) it would appear eBay is taking significant steps to rein in their losses due to uncollected fees or refunds that have to come out of their pocket.

If you do not think this is one of the reasons eBay Stealth is progressively getting complicated, I'd like to hear your opinion.

Morals aside, why shouldn't people pay for the service they receive?
You'd imagine that people who have this as their only income or at least benefit from it would want to keep the entire eco-system alive.

At what point do you think dodging fees will constitute a problem for everyone? What would happen if 10, 50 or 90% of sellers elect to do as you infer?

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 04-03-2020 at 02:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020
Threadstarter  

Welp, paid it about an hour ago and just received an indefinite suspension ..
The Following User Says Thank You to Harariman99 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
That illustration does not fit. It comes off as a cop-out for mounting a sophisticated argument.

I suppose there aren't thousands of sellers who have walked away with eBay fees. OP must be the first to consider it.

In my opinion,

It's like

Stealth accounts are getting harder to create and operate. Based on what I've deduced (even considering eBay's condition to OP) it would appear eBay is taking significant steps to rein in their losses due to uncollected fees or refunds that have to come out of their pocket.

If you do not think this is one of the reasons eBay Stealth is progressively getting complicated, I'd like to hear your opinion.

Morals aside, why shouldn't people pay for the service they receive?
You'd imagine that people who have this as their only income or at least benefit from it would want to keep the entire eco-system alive.

At what point do you think dodging fees will constitute a problem for everyone? What would happen if 10, 50 or 90% of sellers elect to do as you infer?
Still think it was a good idea to pay it?
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Not the first time I've heard of them doing that. At least your credit score won't be lowered. Your toilet paper sales probably didn't go in your favor when they were doing their "considering."

You can always get an LLC and/or stealth account.
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Normally I'd agree, but on a forum which effectively revolves around fraud with moderators actively promoting it (see above poster - not phaz0rz clearly) the irony and requests for integrity seem somewhat ironic.

Here's a thought....how about decrying stealth (fraud) because it makes life harder for decent honest sellers.
While fraud and outright theft both prohibit the same kind of behaviour, I do not think they both carry the same weight.
Phaking docs is fraud, withholding fees is stealing.
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Not the first time I've heard of them doing that. At least your credit score won't be lowered. Your toilet paper sales probably didn't go in your favor when they were doing their "considering."

You can always get an LLC and/or stealth account.
Yes - but he could have done this without paying three grand

The holier than thou attitude in this thread blows my mind
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Still think it was a good idea to pay it?
Perhaps this would sound better to your ears: "No, it was a bad idea. He should have ran off with their money and not paid for the services he received."

This forum is not about robbing anyone, it is about turning a profit. eBay provided him with a platform to turn a profit in exchange for their fees.
What is so seductive about stealing their money on the way out?

Op can just make more stealth accounts and carry on with his business. It doesn't take cleaning out eBay to do that.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 04-03-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Perhaps this would sound better to your ears: "No, it was a bad idea. He should have ran off with their money and not paid for the services he received."

This forum is not about robing anyone, it is about turning a profit. eBay provided him with a platform to turn a profit in exchange for their fees.
What is so seductive about stealing their money on the way out?

Op can just make more stealth accounts and carry on with his business. It doesn't take cleaning out eBay to do that.
You cannot be serious - surely - you are advocating that the OP commits fraud - and that is what stealth is - but should pay someone who wants to do him harm?

Your logic defies all understanding
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Not at all trying to be holy or advocating for eBay. I just think that if we keep skipping fees, more and more people would latch on and it would make stealth more difficult for all of us eventually.
Notice I'm not saying anything about faking docs - because we must do that to keep our accounts going. But cleaning out eBay is needless and gives them a reason to tighten the screw on us.
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yes - but he could have done this without paying three grand

The holier than thou attitude in this thread blows my mind
There's no possible way he could have spared his credit score without paying what he owes.

I'm not meaning to blow your mind. I guess I'm loyal to eBay because they've been very good to me over the years. Stealth isn't fraud in the US and I don't want to see it become any harder to run accounts. If enough sellers run off with what they owe there's no doubt stealth would become harder.. because that's the kind of thing that would encourage eBay to more carefully verify the people they're allowing to sell.

This isn't even an argument from my POV. If you use the service you're supposed to pay for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Pandoras_box (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm really sorry to read that

As you can see certain members of this forum believe you did the right thing - even though it was likely that the outcome would be the same - it wasn't their money after all

I hope you can get going again and recover and my I be presumptuous and suggest you be very careful who you take advise from in the future

Good luck for the future
Old 04-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
What's your point? This forum is dedicated to fraud and stealing and is actively assisted. (phake docs are available )

I merely pointed out the irony of a moderator and seller of such wares telling a punter to behave properly.

If any of us could get away with it, without any repercussions whatsoever, we'd do it. If anyone says otherwise then I'm inclined to dismiss them as fibbers. Through my creative business model I'm knowingly defrauding the UK tax system, robbing ebay would therefore be walk in the park.
Forum dedicated to stealing? That's new to me. I know I have not traversed all corners of this forum so perhaps you can point me in the right direction. I'm not discounting your notion, I just haven't deduced that yet.

I do not think everyone here would agree when you infer we would all cheat bar the repercussions.
If you're defrauding the UK government and eBay, that's your choice. But you'd have an extraordinary claim waiting for you to substantiate if you make that a blanket accusation