Can anyone tell me where I may have gone wrong? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-18-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Can anyone tell me where I may have gone wrong?

Ok so I've just had an account suspended. It was a high limit account that I purchased (I also make my own "secondary" accounts but like to buy higher limit ones as my main shops). I set it up with the usual stealth steps, logged into it every day for around 35 days to build up cookie history and then two days ago I listed 2 cheap safe items as 5 day auctions (marker pen and a notebook) both of which are only worth around £2 each.

Today I logged in to see my account was suspended, I figured I could just talk my way out of it (I've had the first listing suspension before although never with such a low risk item) but when I checked the message it says I cannot use Ebay again and not to create another account, as they have highlighted major security concerns with my account, so it is a "hard" suspension this time.

I'm baffled as to how they knew it was stealth, considering I used the exact same process that I have always used, is there something I am missing?

My process is as follows:

Purchase Stealth Account (from reputable seller of course)

Create new Windows User Account

Disable Flash in Control Panel

Run CCleaner to wipe Cookies

New IP via Mobile Dongle

Install Firefox Portable with WebRTC block and Flashblock Addons (yes I double up on the flash blocking because why not)

Run CCleaner again because paranoia=profit

Open Firefox, log into Ebay and Paypal

Build cookies by logging in every day and looking at stuff for 30+ days

List safe low risk items in Auction Format for a few weeks before gradually adding fixed price stock.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping someone can cast their eye over this and maybe provide some advice or suggest something I am missing?

EDIT: I tried contacting Ebay via Email and Chat but it says "service temporarily not available". I'm not sure if this is due to Lockdown short staffing, or they are just cutting me off from contacting them as there is likely no chance of re-instatement.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2020

Longevity: 24%
Default Re: Can anyone tell me where I may have gone wrong?

Install Firefox Portable
WebRTC block
Flashblock Addons
-->Chrome better than FF
--> block Info may sometimes be worse , sometimes spoofing is better

---> Maybe the AI knows that you do this on purpose )

bans hapen to me also ,,, sometimes so sometimes so
sometimes its better to just give some amateur the account and let him handle it ,,, he will behave like a true noob and not raise suspission)

Last edited by KlugePatrik; 04-18-2020 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-18-2020

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlugePatrik View Post
Install Firefox Portable
WebRTC block
Flashblock Addons
-->Chrome better than FF
--> block Info may sometimes be worse , sometimes spoofing is better

---> Maybe the AI knows that you do this on purpose )

bans hapen to me also ,,, sometimes so sometimes so
sometimes its better to just give some amateur the account and let him handle it ,,, he will behave like a true noob and not raise suspission)
can blocking fingerprinting F a paypal?
Old 04-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Install Firefox Portable with WebRTC block and Flashblock Addons (yes I double up on the flash blocking because why not)
This is my vote, unless you had a V P N involved, which you said you was using a mobile IP.
Old 04-18-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
can blocking fingerprinting F a paypal?
blocking fingerprinting is illegal buddy isn't it?
Old 04-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

The fact that someone 'states' that fingerprinting is an issue does not mean that Ebay is interested in your fingerprint

Think - cause and effect

Reality is often a lot better than fantasy
Old 04-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainComedown View Post
Ok so I've just had an account suspended. It was a high limit account that I purchased (I also make my own "secondary" accounts but like to buy higher limit ones as my main shops). I set it up with the usual stealth steps, logged into it every day for around 35 days to build up cookie history and then two days ago I listed 2 cheap safe items as 5 day auctions (marker pen and a notebook) both of which are only worth around £2 each.

Today I logged in to see my account was suspended, I figured I could just talk my way out of it (I've had the first listing suspension before although never with such a low risk item) but when I checked the message it says I cannot use Ebay again and not to create another account, as they have highlighted major security concerns with my account, so it is a "hard" suspension this time.

I'm baffled as to how they knew it was stealth, considering I used the exact same process that I have always used, is there something I am missing?

New IP via Mobile Dongle

List safe low risk items in Auction Format for a few weeks before gradually adding fixed price stock.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping someone can cast their eye over this and maybe provide some advice or suggest something I am missing?

EDIT: I tried contacting Ebay via Email and Chat but it says "service temporarily not available". I'm not sure if this is due to Lockdown short staffing, or they are just cutting me off from contacting them as there is likely no chance of re-instatement.
Contact the seller of the account where you purchased it, i am sure he will help its quite normal these days to account get suspended its nothing new sometime happen whem crested seller account and sometime when you list item,
You can conatct ebay through chat by selecting fees section on ebay and it will take you to some agent who will transfer over to right team
Old 04-18-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:

New IP via Mobile Dongle

You don't need to wait all that time and build cookies, I listed after 2 days I have had 3 sales, but I have a low limit account I am building up, I think these low limit accounts are more stable.
Old 04-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
This is my vote, unless you had a V P N involved, which you said you was using a mobile IP.
Which bit? blocking WebRTC? Is it completely unnecessary if I'm not using a VPN?

Or do you mean blocking flash?

Should I uninstall the WebRTC blocker?
Old 04-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Contact the seller of the account where you purchased it, i am sure he will help its quite normal these days to account get suspended its nothing new sometime happen whem crested seller account and sometime when you list item,
You can conatct ebay through chat by selecting fees section on ebay and it will take you to some agent who will transfer over to right team
Yeah I went through on chat yesterday, it was an interesting conversation. They asked me all the usual questions and everything was going fine and I actually though it was being re-instated, and then the guy asked what my Paypal email was and then came back and said permanent ban! Its strange though as the paypal was verified etc and the paypal account is still fine
Old 04-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yeah I went through on chat yesterday, it was an interesting conversation. They asked me all the usual questions and everything was going fine and I actually though it was being re-instated, and then the guy asked what my Paypal email was and then came back and said permanent ban! Its strange though as the paypal was verified etc and the paypal account is still fine
definitely something wrogn with paypal or used on other account, when they ask to verifiy questions its 100% pass rate as long as you give right answers if they dont wants to restore at the start they say its risk and BAN
Old 04-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Which bit? blocking WebRTC? Is it completely unnecessary if I'm not using a VPN?

Or do you mean blocking flash?

Should I uninstall the WebRTC blocker?
Well, as you can see. I am an account seller, so I make a lot of accounts. I absolutely hate FireFox for creating accounts. It seems like they get suspended within about 30-40 minutes. And I believe it is because they are covering things up that ebay is use to seeing. Getting an account suspended within the first hour of creating is something their bots or system has detected and suspended the account. This is not some person behind a computer, manually, looking an every new account created. There is always this message on Firefox saying they blocked something. And I think blocking things is going to give off a red flag regardless.

I have never used anti finger-printing and as far as I see and have seen over the time that i have been making accounts, it is not necessary. I would use normal browsers to create your account and avoid V P N, at least on your first listing.

Now, in defense of FireFox, I have had zero issues using FireFox after the account was created. So please note that creating the account and using the account are not the same set of rules in a lot of cases.

Also, my experience is with US accounts. I see you are from the UK. But I doubt their security in regards to your subject is too too different
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
CaptainComedown (04-19-2020)
Old 04-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Well, as you can see. I am an account seller, so I make a lot of accounts. I absolutely hate FireFox for creating accounts. It seems like they get suspended within about 30-40 minutes. And I believe it is because they are covering things up that ebay is use to seeing. Getting an account suspended within the first hour of creating is something their bots or system has detected and suspended the account. This is not some person behind a computer, manually, looking an every new account created. There is always this message on Firefox saying they blocked something. And I think blocking things is going to give off a red flag regardless.

I have never used anti finger-printing and as far as I see and have seen over the time that i have been making accounts, it is not necessary. I would use normal browsers to create your account and avoid V P N, at least on your first listing.

Now, in defense of FireFox, I have had zero issues using FireFox after the account was created. So please note that creating the account and using the account are not the same set of rules in a lot of cases.

Also, my experience is with US accounts. I see you are from the UK. But I doubt their security in regards to your subject is too too different
Thank you very much for the advice. I have noticed that firefox automatically blocks browser fingerprinting so that could be making my accounts less stable. I'll set up my new accounts in Chrome instead without WebRTC blocked. I have other accounts running on VPNs or mobile wifi in firefox with webrtc disabled but I think I'm better leaving them alone as they have been stable for months now.
Old 04-19-2020

Longevity: 27%

Quote:

Hey, i have an account created on firefox with standard security settings, for two mounths now and it's stable and okey no suspend, should i keep it on firefox or switch to chrome
btw i've never sold or list any thing yet on the account

please advice; Thanks
Old 04-19-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymanousaym View Post
Hey, i have an account created on firefox with standard security settings, for two mounths now and it's stable and okey no suspend, should i keep it on firefox or switch to chrome

please advice; Thanks
Bro 3tina xi method 3la wd suspend
Old 04-19-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,249 Posts
Activity: 24%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:

please advice; Thanks
If you have never sold or listed anything two months or two years is same thing... account needs to be a seller account to test its health and wellness.
Old 04-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
If you have never sold or listed anything two months or two years is same thing... account needs to be a seller account to test its health and wellness.
So you're saying that you should just start listing right away to start building trust as a seller? Because thats the complete opposite of what every account seller I have ever spoken to has advised?
Old 04-19-2020

Quote:
Thank you very much for the advice. I have noticed that firefox automatically blocks browser fingerprinting so that could be making my accounts less stable. I'll set up my new accounts in Chrome instead without WebRTC blocked. I have other accounts running on VPNs or mobile wifi in firefox with webrtc disabled but I think I'm better leaving them alone as they have been stable for months now.
I am new and wanted to know whats webRtc has to do in firefox and should we turn it on ? I am using portable firefox for one of my account
Old 04-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiderekarar13 View Post
I am new and wanted to know whats webRtc has to do in firefox and should we turn it on ? I am using portable firefox for one of my account
If you are using a VPN and have WebRTC enabled then it can leak your true IP address, so it must be disabled. If you are not using a VPN, and are connecting via a Residential or Mobile IP then it doesn't need disabled.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
haiderekarar13 (04-22-2020)
Old 04-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

please advice; Thanks
It is definitely not 100% of the time. But it has happened enough for me to stop using FireFox for account creation. Honestly if it was not suspended soon after creating the seller account then I think you are good, at least from the FireFox used as creation standpoint. I use to love FireFox for account creation, but either FireFox has changed something or eBay has changed something.
Old 04-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
It is definitely not 100% of the time. But it has happened enough for me to stop using FireFox for account creation. Honestly if it was not suspended soon after creating the seller account then I think you are good, at least from the FireFox used as creation standpoint. I use to love FireFox for account creation, but either FireFox has changed something or eBay has changed something.
Which browser are you using now?
Old 04-19-2020

Longevity: 59%

I would contact them by chat or some other written way such as Twitter or Facebook and just see what they say about it. Since you're account is already suspended, there's nothing to lose.