Got - Selling Practices Policy Updates - Seller Notice - Now What? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-10-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Got - Selling Practices Policy Updates - Seller Notice - Now What?

Hey guys, yesterday I received the message from eBay with the red flag saying they have identified me as dropshipper and my Top Rated Seller status will be removed from the 20th of July.

I've seen several posts with this issue in the forum but could not determine what does it exactly mean apart from the fact that it's overall not good.

For now - 1 day later the sales are the same, promoted still works and TRS is still there.

The point of creating this new thread is to ask for specific information with regards to this issue, so please answer if you have experience or know the answer to these questions:

1. If the TRS status is removed from X date, can it be claimed again eventually or it's not gonna happen?
2. Will Promoted listings stop working or it will continue to work but will be less exposure? If less exposure, by a lot or not too much?
3. Is it worth contacting eBay and try to Bull**** them into thinking I have stock or it won't work?
4. Is this the same as MC011 just not as harsh? In other words, is the account dead or it can still be profitable/make sense to continue?

I won't go into the details of whether I did something wrong, but in case if you care, here's the background info - it's my second official business (first one got shut down last year with MC011) so I was extremely careful making sure CS, returns, refunds and shipping times, tracking was on point and amazing. I was also tracking the sales. Anyway, doesn't matter now. I'm 100% I did everything really well and it shouldn't be any of those.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Got - Selling Practices Policy Updates - Seller Notice - Now What?

I would like to add that this seems to be a problem across the board, especially pronounced on facebook groups. So anyone with the past experience to this specific message would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-12-2020

Longevity: 22%

Happened to me. The next day sales were still okay, but then my views dropped dramatically and most of my listings were dumped on the last pages. Thinking about dumping the account all together.
Old 07-12-2020

Longevity: 33%

Yes your account has been 'flagged' expect to get much fewer impressions and promoted listings are now useless for you.
Old 07-12-2020

Longevity: 33%

How were they able to identify you as a drop shipper? Were the tracking numbers you upload coming from a different country vs your country of registration?

If you are going to BS ebay you better have some proof you have your own stocks and shipping from your location or else the ebay CS you contacted will put your account to oblivion. :(
Old 07-12-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceSilduk View Post
Hey guys, yesterday I received the message from eBay with the red flag saying they have identified me as dropshipper and my Top Rated Seller status will be removed from the 20th of July.

I've seen several posts with this issue in the forum but could not determine what does it exactly mean apart from the fact that it's overall not good.

For now - 1 day later the sales are the same, promoted still works and TRS is still there.

The point of creating this new thread is to ask for specific information with regards to this issue, so please answer if you have experience or know the answer to these questions:

1. If the TRS status is removed from X date, can it be claimed again eventually or it's not gonna happen?
2. Will Promoted listings stop working or it will continue to work but will be less exposure? If less exposure, by a lot or not too much?
3. Is it worth contacting eBay and try to Bull**** them into thinking I have stock or it won't work?
4. Is this the same as MC011 just not as harsh? In other words, is the account dead or it can still be profitable/make sense to continue?

I won't go into the details of whether I did something wrong, but in case if you care, here's the background info - it's my second official business (first one got shut down last year with MC011) so I was extremely careful making sure CS, returns, refunds and shipping times, tracking was on point and amazing. I was also tracking the sales. Anyway, doesn't matter now. I'm 100% I did everything really well and it shouldn't be any of those.
What item location did you use for your listings?
Old 07-12-2020
Threadstarter  

everything was UK, no different locations or shipping. Seems this affected a lot of people. For 2 days the sales were perfectly fine but today it took a nose dive.
Old 07-13-2020

Quote:
everything was UK, no different locations or shipping. Seems this affected a lot of people. For 2 days the sales were perfectly fine but today it took a nose dive.
Where you using non api software? I dont think any type of software is safe atm
Old 07-13-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
were yu using the same Paypal account to buy and sell?
Yes, everything under the legit business name and registration.

I actually had custom software designed for everything and no commercial options. So that's not relevant either.

I used Bluecare Express for tracking conversion for some items so that could be it but I have friends who didn't use BCE and got hit with the same as well so that should not be the connection either.
Old 07-14-2020

Quote:
Yes, everything under the legit business name and registration.

I actually had custom software designed for everything and no commercial options. So that's not relevant either.

I used Bluecare Express for tracking conversion for some items so that could be it but I have friends who didn't use BCE and got hit with the same as well so that should not be the connection either.
I also used BCE, i thought that could be the reason. Im planning to go 100% manual now