Account restricted associated with another (not mine). - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-18-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 18%
Default Account restricted associated with another (not mine).

Hello everyone.

I'm new to it, I'm not located in US/UK/AU/CA, so not a native english speaker(sorry in advance for any possible misunderstanding), but like many people here, I lost my Ebay account, which I've got from 2015.

It was restricted, associated with another account, which is not mine and ain't got any access to it. I know the owner pretty well, he also was selling on ebay and he paid my fees several times as owned me money(I let him log in into my account from his laptop without saving password in the incognito tab and pay from his Paypal, I changed the password after, still I've already understood what a dumb decision it was). Then his account was restricted(or suspended, Idk for sure) and now it appears like "No longer a registered user" on his profile. My account has been restricted around one month after suspension of the account associated with, and it worked the whole month after the message, until all my listings have expired(again, I have no idea does it really matter or not, so I jut try to describe the situation as close as possible). Of course I've written and called to the Ebay support, they said the linkage is to strong and all I can do is to force somehow the owner of the account associated with to solve the issue, and if he will, my account will be reinstated. The owner of the another account however said that Ebay said there is no chance to reinstate his account.

So, I've got a lot of questions now and already read a lot in the web looking for a specific answer but most of the answers are somehow similar but still not the exact my situation, that's why I'm trying to make it totally straight and will be grateful for any answers from the more experienced users.

1. "If I wait for a year or something, stay quiet and secure, there won't be any other issues with eBay, I can like call to eBay again and ask like can you reinstate my account - they MAYBE will." - I've read some similar stuff on various forums, but I have no idea is it really possible and does it relate to my situation. If you know the answer, would appreciate.

2. If the first paragraph is not possible, next my question - should I really pay my fees? There is no such a big amount, around 200 bucks, still a money since I'm from Eastern Europe. There is a card with a zero balance linked as an automatic payment option. I suppose eBay has no power in my country to collect this money. I don't want to pay most of all because I don't think it's fair that they ban the accounts this way and leave no chance to find some solution even if you're their client for years.

3. Creating a new not linked Ebay account: what is the exact data I need to change?
- Can I create the account with the same name, but the other address, other phone number, and everything else? Do they really will ban everybody with the same name as mine because of me?
- Can I pay my future fees with the other credit card but with my name on it or with the name of my relative(same surname) but same or different billing address?
- Do they track the devices, should I change my laptop and my phone, router and internet provider or something is not obligatory? If I'm buying a proxy(never done that before) should I still change the device I'm using? If yes, can I use the laptop/mobile phone which was connected to my wifi but was never used for logging to eBay before?
- Is it the issue if I use a new just created email, is there a difference with some old email?
- Should I totally change the pictures of my listings and the description somehow or they don't check it?
- How long should I wait before start listing items, should I buy something before listing something, does it matters?

4. Buying a Stealth account here: Will I be able to use it properly since I'm not located in the US? Will I be able to withdraw the funds and how? How can I create a bank account or it's included? Is it the issue that the account is US, registered for US resident(i suppose) and shipping is not from US? Is it dangerous to pay from European credit card for the Ebay fees in future? Can I use the same Paypal I'm buying for the other selling platforms?

Really sorry for all the mess with questions, I'm really frustrated, have no idea what to do and just trying to figure it out as much as I can. Looking forward and thanks in advance for any replies.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-19-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,529 Times in 2,184 Posts
Activity: 75%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Account restricted associated with another (not mine).

You have 2 options. Buy an account from the sellers here and or make your own account.

Since you're new, I highly recommend starting out by reading the stealth guide .

Once you are more familiar with the steps, you can buy an account.
So this way you cover your bases.
Old 01-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairman View Post
Hello everyone.

I'm new to it, I'm not located in US/UK/AU/CA, so not a native english speaker(sorry in advance for any possible misunderstanding), but like many people here, I lost my Ebay account, which I've got from 2015.

It was restricted, associated with another account, which is not mine and ain't got any access to it. I know the owner pretty well, he also was selling on ebay and he paid my fees several times as owned me money(I let him log in into my account from his laptop without saving password in the incognito tab and pay from his Paypal, I changed the password after, still I've already understood what a dumb decision it was). Then his account was restricted(or suspended, Idk for sure) and now it appears like "No longer a registered user" on his profile. My account has been restricted around one month after suspension of the account associated with, and it worked the whole month after the message, until all my listings have expired(again, I have no idea does it really matter or not, so I jut try to describe the situation as close as possible). Of course I've written and called to the Ebay support, they said the linkage is to strong and all I can do is to force somehow the owner of the account associated with to solve the issue, and if he will, my account will be reinstated. The owner of the another account however said that Ebay said there is no chance to reinstate his account.

So, I've got a lot of questions now and already read a lot in the web looking for a specific answer but most of the answers are somehow similar but still not the exact my situation, that's why I'm trying to make it totally straight and will be grateful for any answers from the more experienced users.

1. "If I wait for a year or something, stay quiet and secure, there won't be any other issues with eBay, I can like call to eBay again and ask like can you reinstate my account - they MAYBE will." - I've read some similar stuff on various forums, but I have no idea is it really possible and does it relate to my situation. If you know the answer, would appreciate.

2. If the first paragraph is not possible, next my question - should I really pay my fees? There is no such a big amount, around 200 bucks, still a money since I'm from Eastern Europe. There is a card with a zero balance linked as an automatic payment option. I suppose eBay has no power in my country to collect this money. I don't want to pay most of all because I don't think it's fair that they ban the accounts this way and leave no chance to find some solution even if you're their client for years.

3. Creating a new not linked Ebay account: what is the exact data I need to change?
- Can I create the account with the same name, but the other address, other phone number, and everything else? Do they really will ban everybody with the same name as mine because of me?
- Can I pay my future fees with the other credit card but with my name on it or with the name of my relative(same surname) but same or different billing address?
- Do they track the devices, should I change my laptop and my phone, router and internet provider or something is not obligatory? If I'm buying a proxy(never done that before) should I still change the device I'm using? If yes, can I use the laptop/mobile phone which was connected to my wifi but was never used for logging to eBay before?
- Is it the issue if I use a new just created email, is there a difference with some old email?
- Should I totally change the pictures of my listings and the description somehow or they don't check it?
- How long should I wait before start listing items, should I buy something before listing something, does it matters?

4. Buying a Stealth account here: Will I be able to use it properly since I'm not located in the US? Will I be able to withdraw the funds and how? How can I create a bank account or it's included? Is it the issue that the account is US, registered for US resident(i suppose) and shipping is not from US? Is it dangerous to pay from European credit card for the Ebay fees in future? Can I use the same Paypal I'm buying for the other selling platforms?

Really sorry for all the mess with questions, I'm really frustrated, have no idea what to do and just trying to figure it out as much as I can. Looking forward and thanks in advance for any replies.
You will need a USA bank to withdraw, or some have other options. Anyway, good luck with your search. a LOT of international users are in for a wake up call when they all need a USA bank for managed payments. Luckily i think we still have a year left before that happens on grand scales.
Old 01-19-2021

Thanked 1,094 Times in 1,030 Posts
Activity: 82%
Longevity: 33%

very bad idea to let someone logged into your account.