eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   New account suspended immediately for no reason - legit new account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/141942-new-account-suspended-immediately-no-reason-legit-new-account.html)

rsdroid 02-08-2021 11:46 AM

New account suspended immediately for no reason - legit new account

Alright, brand new to the forums and I see there are a lot of overall threads covering suspensions.

However, I'm not a seller and not trying to circumvent any policies or bypass a suspension on another account or anything. I'm just a basic eBay user.

I tried to log in to my ancient, existing (I thought) eBay account. It said it did not recognize either the email address or user name. I figured it had been so long since I used it, maybe they closed it or something. There was no option to look up a forgotten user name or password. No option to recover this account at all, as they said it didn't exist. I had never been suspended or anything either, it's just been a very long time since I used it.

So, naturally, I created a new account since apparently my old one no longer exists. I used a new email address because I'm moving all of my accounts everywhere to this new email address, as it's more secure than my old one.

After creating my account, I logged in and went to purchase the item I wanted and to check out with PayPal. At that point I got an error message saying I was being prevented from purchasing for trying to purchase too many items. I was only trying to purchase one item, some protein shakes. On a brand new account.

Shortly after that I received an email saying my account has been permanently suspended for violation of policies.

WTH?? How could I have violated their policy for trying to make a single purchase with a legit PayPal account?

How do I correct this? I'm not even trying to do all the things I see a bunch of people here doing, not trying to sell, just want to be able to buy some things on eBay instead of Amazon. That's literally it.

As an FYI, I do use a VPN all the time as a matter of course, though I'm not sure how that could have affected it.

That's it. Why is eBay doing this? And where is my old account that I know I have the correct login info for? And why have I been permanently suspended for creating a new account and trying to make one purchase when they said my old one didn't exist?

Really confused here.

Help?

Pandoras_box 02-08-2021 12:39 PM

Re: New account suspended immediately for no reason - legit new account

eBay will delete old accounts that are no longer active.

Loads of people could have abused the VPN you used before you. This is the only red flag I see here.

I'd say you should not use a VPN for shops and banks or anything important for that matter.

Here's what I think you should try:
Using your Home network, Keep browsing eBay for a few days even though your account is dead. Keep a log oof the IPs you use.

After a week or two, contact customer service using this link:
Code:

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/
ask to speak to Trust & Safety and appeal your suspension. Tell them the only thing you can think of is that you left your home VPN (which you use for security) on when you signed up.

Let them know you're not looking to be a seller and that you'd be happy to send in your docs if it helps.

If that does not work, ask CS to supply you correspondence details for Jordan Sweetnam, the GM.
He thinks most of his home decorations were purchased on eBay :hellBoy: - so he'd know what it feels like to be in your shoes.

If that does not help, or you can't be bothered to go that extent for a buyer account, just purchase on from the marketplace. You'd need to read the stealth guide to keep you from losing your account or making another if anything goes wrong.