MC011 weird situation new seller - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-19-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 16%
Default MC011 weird situation new seller

My boss got banned ages ago on an account and we have no idea what info he gave them.

We made a new account under one of his subsidiary companies and broke every eBay Stealth rule POSSIBLE. We used all of my info but after selling a lot out of nowhere in the last two days, in excess of $10k (primarily high value/apple items) we got an MC011.

I am going to submit documents for the MC011, and from my calls with representatives, they make it pretty clear they just want to know that we own the items. We've had no negatives or any issues with any sales.

Also since we are in liquidation it's impossible to give an itemized bill.

I was wondering if I'd be better off sending:

the parent company's payments, subsidiary company's business license, and parent company's supplier contract (to show sustainability)

OR

a poorly edited (but to the best of my ability) version of the original documents with the name they might expect.

Everything we're doing is legitimate, it's just that since he got banned in the past I'm not sure what to do. I highly doubt the ban-review team is going to cross reference the parent company name with the banned user list, I really think they just want to know it's legitimate and won't burn users down the road.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: MC011 weird situation new seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyingalife View Post
My boss got banned ages ago on an account and we have no idea what info he gave them.

We made a new account under one of his subsidiary companies and broke every eBay Stealth rule POSSIBLE. We used all of my info but after selling a lot out of nowhere in the last two days, in excess of $10k (primarily high value/apple items) we got an MC011.

I am going to submit documents for the MC011, and from my calls with representatives, they make it pretty clear they just want to know that we own the items. We've had no negatives or any issues with any sales.

Also since we are in liquidation it's impossible to give an itemized bill.

I was wondering if I'd be better off sending:

the parent company's payments, subsidiary company's business license, and parent company's supplier contract (to show sustainability)

OR

a poorly edited (but to the best of my ability) version of the original documents with the name they might expect.

Everything we're doing is legitimate, it's just that since he got banned in the past I'm not sure what to do. I highly doubt the ban-review team is going to cross reference the parent company name with the banned user list, I really think they just want to know it's legitimate and won't burn users down the road.
Whilst I feel your pain it's never good when your suspended even when your legitimate and playing by the rules but from personal experience I don't see you getting your account back your going to provide them what they want and then there most likely going to reply with a permanent suspension however in some cases they do reinstate accounts.

If it were me I'd move on and spend my precious and valuable time in opening new stealth account but as said by many in the past you have nothing to loose as the account is already suspended so give it a go and I wish you all the best. Good luck and keep the thread updated as to what happens.
Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your input. eBay Stealth seems a bit difficult logistically with so many moving parts, especially when those parts are minimum wage employees listing who couldn't even spell proxy. We have like 60-70 pallets filled with stuff that is too valuable to sell in our stores, and we need to sell it online. I'm not sure if I can live with selling 500 the first month, 1000 the second, 1500 the third.

Especially knowing that if one of the listers makes a mistake with the proxy all that precious time and patience is wasted.
Old 05-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your input. eBay Stealth seems a bit difficult logistically with so many moving parts, especially when those parts are minimum wage employees listing who couldn't even spell proxy. We have like 60-70 pallets filled with stuff that is too valuable to sell in our stores, and we need to sell it online. I'm not sure if I can live with selling 500 the first month, 1000 the second, 1500 the third.

Especially knowing that if one of the listers makes a mistake with the proxy all that precious time and patience is wasted.

Granted that I'm only now learning about ebay stealth finding this place after getting an MC011 this morning, and I haven't read the stealth guide. Maybe there is a way to idiot-proof it, but I just don't know enough yet.
Old 05-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

Understand but if you a feasible business and you want to continue then I'm afraid and this is said with all due respect to you, you need to pull your finger out of your arse and read posts on this forum and buy the stealth guide and learn how you can progress your business further we've all been there I never knew or heard about proxy's but if my business was to survive then I made an effort to learn and to be honest it's not hard it's all down to how much effort you put in. If you put nothing in you monkeys in return.

P.s: sorry if I come across rude it was not my intention just trying to make a point as some sellers thing they can just buy a stealth account and sell and make money times have changed you just cannot do that no more.
The Following User Says Thank You to 13obby For This Useful Post:
james13v (05-22-2021)
Old 05-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum buyingalife - all the best as you master stealth

Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

I'll figure it out I hope. I wish there was a discord for this community.
Old 05-20-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I'll figure it out I hope. I wish there was a discord for this community.
Where is the boss that made the account? Is he still around?

Who made the new account?

Have you ever been suspended yourself?

Any other problems?

Please excuse the questions. I am trying to thing of a possible safe method.

Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Where is the boss that made the account? Is he still around?

Who made the new account?

Have you ever been suspended yourself?

Any other problems?

Please excuse the questions. I am trying to thing of a possible safe method.

He's in a room right next to me. He's a bit hotheaded and after getting an MC011 for selling too much too quickly, he did not turn anything in and threatened to sue ebay for holding the money. He is now suspended from buying and selling indefinitely.

I made the new account but used the same location as his old account. We have a dynamic IP, but I'm still new to this side of the internet and im not sure if thats relevant.

I've never made an ebay account before this one. Its registered under an umbrella of the account he made; its a small subsidiary company.

I shipped one item late one time out of ~120, and someone purchased an item from a smoker's home which I made right by sending him a brand new one as an apology. He never left a negative review or even complained until I asked him how his experience was while fishing for reviews.

Once a customer tried to buy an item that we listed but didnt have in stock. I told her right before I shipped it I inspected it and found very slight signs of use. It was listed as open box new. I asked her if she wanted to cancel and she did. I filed it under customer asked to cancel, hoping that with this lie and her confirming she wants it canceled it won't affect DSR.

Other than that, no issues. Don't apologize for asking; I'm honored you're taking the time to help me.
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

my boss has a dynamic IP at the warehouse and he got banned and gave up AGES ago.

I'm not worried about his name being the same under both companies and both accounts, too, because it's just a name. We have unlimited people to make account after account, but idk.
Old 05-20-2021
Threadstarter  

reinstated same day as sending the information required.

Sent a utility bill, bank statement, identification, and a business license.
The Following User Says Thank You to buyingalife For This Useful Post:
Valhalla1 (05-24-2021)
Old 05-21-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Thank you for your input. eBay stealth seems a bit difficult logistically with so many moving parts, especially when those parts are minimum wage employees listing who couldn't even spell proxy. We have like 60-70 pallets filled with stuff that is too valuable to sell in our stores, and we need to sell it online. I'm not sure if I can live with selling 500 the first month, 1000 the second, 1500 the third.

Granted that I'm only now learning about ebay stealth finding this place after getting an MC011 this morning, and I haven't read the stealth guide. Maybe there is a way to idiot-proof it, but I just don't know enough yet.
Anything new is never easy. THat's what the forum is for.

But the stealth guide is very well written that you can just blindly follow it from start to finish in the order that is correct.
Old 05-21-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
reinstated same day as sending the information required.

Sent a utility bill, bank statement, identification, and a business license.
Congrats