Multiple ebay accounts selling same items - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-05-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
Default Multiple ebay accounts selling same items

Hi guys, been using my ebay business account for several years now along side etsy and amazon.

I sell designer inspired scented candles and oils and for the past few years been randomly getting my listings removed and getting hit with the Counterfeit item policy violations, I haven't had any bans yet, my latest listing was removed today and they warned me that this is my last warning before the 3 day ban.

What do you guys suggest? Should I create another account and build up feedback and list the same items and just rotate the 2 accounts every few months (do I need to remove the listings from the current account or is it ok to have 2 accounts selling the same stuff?).

Do violations drop off? I have had around 5 within the space of 3 years each time they say if I continue to do it I may get banned (only this time they have obviously said this is my last warning), any advise would be greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Multiple ebay accounts selling same items

I'd stop selling them and remove the listings from your account.

Are they counterfeits? Andwas it an eBay email or the copyright owners?

yea, grab the stealth guide and make a new account. Well, if these are the real deal items you are selling you should have some kind of receipt and invoice that you can fight eBay with so they'd leave you alone.

Regardless having back up accounts is always a great idea.
Old 05-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Hi, I'm selling fragrance oils which I get made up for me by a wholesale fragrance manufacturer. I'm not selling knock off goods but I guess in Ebay's eyes they are.

It was an ebay counterfeit messages I've had them several times throughout the years, would I need to stealth? If so then why when I can just create a other account without stealth? Assuming my original account doesnt get banned.
Old 05-06-2021

Longevity: 20%

If you're selling a completely unique item why are they giving you counterfeit claims? You say its designer inspired, what keywords are you using in your descriptions?
Old 05-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Like DENDEN76 stated, what keywords are you using? Brand names at all?
Old 05-06-2021
Threadstarter  

I was using the keywords designer inspired fragrance oils ect... which I have now took off but sales drop to about half without the keyword in titles, should I create another account (none stealth) and list the items with the designer inspired in the title? Like I say its took a few years to even get to my final warning before the first ban so couldn't I just start fresh with a new account and then rinse and repeat when I get to the same stage on the new one?
Old 05-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz1man View Post
I was using the keywords designer inspired fragrance oils ect... which I have now took off but sales drop to about half without the keyword in titles, should I create another account (none stealth) and list the items with the designer inspired in the title? Like I say its took a few years to even get to my final warning before the first ban so couldn't I just start fresh with a new account and then rinse and repeat when I get to the same stage on the new one?
Sales drop noted but health of the account remains - rough tradeoff.

None stealth? You should get stealth accounts going pronto - test and see...going to need to experiment for sure
Old 05-10-2021
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
the keywords you use may attract a customer's attention, but it will also catch the bot's attention as well

remember the bots are just programs, they can't tell subtle differences
Old 05-12-2021
Threadstarter  

I have had a look through the stealth process and tbh I don't think I would be able to do it :( - wouldn't this be an option once I have been banned, do violations (not bans) spread throughout the multiple accounts, I can create a new none stealth one and use that (with a clean slate / bill of health) when I get to my final warning on my current account?

What's the point in going stealth when I'm not currently banned and able to create accounts?
Old 05-12-2021
Executive [VIP]

Always good to have backup accounts going in case but the decision is always up to you of course
Old 05-12-2021
Threadstarter  

I mean I would like to have a stealth account, but is it possible in the UK now with managed payments? Is there accounts already set up which I can buy to save me going through all the process of setting one up and what's the expected life of an account if I do buy one?
Old 05-14-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 77%

I’m in s similar situation.

One of my listing was removed and getting hit with the Counterfeit item policy violations, I haven't had any warning like this before in the account.

The listing sold thousands for couple years and is 100% legit supported with invoices from an official distributors. I never received a message or an open case from a buyer about legitimate of this product.

I called eBay and the representative said that listing was removed because of the low price and apparently a report from an independent agency. But not the copyright owners. (eBay said contact the right owners and get an authorization letter)

The low price of this item is because is shipped without tracking. This is a small item and also low price.

I did contact the right owners that is big well known company to get a letter to be an authorized reseller but they don’t even replied to my request.

How can I fight this arbitrary decision?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by renzini; 05-14-2021 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Adding text
Old 05-14-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Hi guys, been using my ebay business account for several years now along side etsy and amazon.

I sell designer inspired scented candles and oils and for the past few years been randomly getting my listings removed and getting hit with the Counterfeit item policy violations, I haven't had any bans yet, my latest listing was removed today and they warned me that this is my last warning before the 3 day ban.

What do you guys suggest?
Stop selling items that put your main account in jeopardy. Use Terapeak to find items that can fetch you £3 - 5,000 PCM per item, NET profit. Rinse and repeat for a few more items.

Quote:
Should I create another account and build up feedback and list the same items and just rotate the 2 accounts every few months (do I need to remove the listings from the current account or is it ok to have 2 accounts selling the same stuff?).
Following the recommendation above, you should take home in a month what an average 9 to 5 does in a year. You may have other accounts for insurance purposes, but if they are your legit accounts, you may NOT sell the same items on these. If they are stealth, then you're in the clear to sell whatever you wish.

Quote:
Do violations drop off? I have had around 5 within the space of 3 years each time they say if I continue to do it I may get banned (only this time they have obviously said this is my last warning), any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Violations are a maximum of 12 months from the first date issued.
Old 05-17-2021
Executive [VIP]

I called eBay and the representative said that listing was removed because of the low price and apparently a report from an independent agency. But not the copyright owners. (eBay said contact the right owners and get an authorization letter)

renzini, did the rep send you that in writing or just was it verbal talk?
Old 05-19-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 77%

rsot

Only verbal. I called again and another rep was explaining me that once is removed for counterfeit there is no appeal. This is basically final decision, rep told me that in all this years working on eBay she never saw an appeal granted for counterfeit removal.
However she also said that will document the case and contact other department not sure if was vero for more details and then she will contact me back Tuesday night. But I didn’t receive a call or email from eBay yet.

I told her that I need to appeal because I have all the documentation from my corp orders, suppliers, etc that proves that every single order shipped was 2000000% authentic.

I also try to contact the right owners to require an authorization letter but no reply yet and I don’t think they will send me one. The 2 main suppliers said that I don’t need any authorization to resell this products online.

I don’t know what to do now.

Any ideas on how to proceed?
Lawyer probably?
Old 05-19-2021
Executive [VIP]

"she will contact me back Tuesday night. But I didn’t receive a call or email from eBay yet." - yeah, just trying to get you to hang up