eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   "Your eBay accounts has been permanently suspended" <30 mins 1st item real info (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/144168-your-ebay-accounts-has-been-permanently-suspended-30-mins-1st-item-real-info.html)

Gooogle 06-25-2021 07:23 AM

"Your eBay accounts has been permanently suspended" <30 mins 1st item real info

I was trying to list a used book with real pics (image meta data removed) on eBay, kept getting the error "we can't verify your identity". I changed my phone number to a different phone number as I heard that error may be with the phone #. Contacted eBay support, they told me to clear browser data, I figured the issue was my phone number and that they would end up being wrong so instead of clearing the browser data I used a fresh browser profile on the same browser to login (not sure that that matters). At this point when I tried to list, instead of getting "we can't verify your identity", eBay asked for a payment method for paying fees, I chose PayPal (PayPal account bank linked a couple days ago), item listed successfully! 15-30 mins later, got an e-mail: "Your eBay accounts has been permanently suspended".

Any way to fix this? All I listed was a used book, I don't think eBay would see this as scary or anything. All real info using 24vc fresh dedicated IP, VPN kill switch enabled.

Update: eBay sent me a questionaire asking me how many items I will sell per month, how quickly I'll ship, etc. and then asked me to complete some identity verification:
https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?...RiskManagement

Haven't given SSN or identity docs, should I just make a new account and start fresh? It was a real address of a property I own so kind of a shame to have to start over...but once they have identity docs they never forget so I wouldn't want that to be associated with a ban?

murdered_by_ebay 06-25-2021 03:09 PM

Re: "Your eBay accounts has been permanently suspended" <30 mins 1st item real info

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooogle (Post 1159696)
I was trying to list a used book with real pics (image meta data removed) on eBay, kept getting the error "we can't verify your identity". I changed my phone number to a different phone number as I heard that error may be with the phone #. Contacted eBay support, they told me to clear browser data, I figured the issue was my phone number and that they would end up being wrong so instead of clearing the browser data I used a fresh browser profile on the same browser to login (not sure that that matters). At this point when I tried to list, instead of getting "we can't verify your identity", eBay asked for a payment method for paying fees, I chose PayPal (PayPal account bank linked a couple days ago), item listed successfully! 15-30 mins later, got an e-mail: "Your eBay accounts has been permanently suspended".

Any way to fix this? All I listed was a used book, I don't think eBay would see this as scary or anything. All real info using 24vc fresh dedicated IP, VPN kill switch enabled.

Update: eBay sent me a questionaire asking me how many items I will sell per month, how quickly I'll ship, etc. and then asked me to complete some identity verification:

Haven't given SSN or identity docs, should I just make a new account and start fresh? It was a real address of a property I own so kind of a shame to have to start over...but once they have identity docs they never forget so I wouldn't want that to be associated with a ban?

what did they ask in identity verification?

JamesLee 06-25-2021 03:13 PM

Re: "Your eBay accounts has been permanently suspended" <30 mins 1st item real info

I guess it is caused by your computer

slokor 06-25-2021 03:25 PM

Well the acct is permanently suspended so doesnt sound like you have any options other than starting over.
You mentioned you changed the phone number. I assume the number you changed from was the number you used to verify the acct as a seller acct - was that number a VOIP number? free from an app of some sort?

rsot 06-26-2021 06:17 AM

@Gooogle, just fyi - write a disclaimer like **Warning ebay link** when you put in a link to a selling platform

Gooogle 06-27-2021 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1159756)
Well the acct is permanently suspended so doesnt sound like you have any options other than starting over.
You mentioned you changed the phone number. I assume the number you changed from was the number you used to verify the acct as a seller acct - was that number a VOIP number? free from an app of some sort?

Thanks, initially we were using a regular Google Voice # Google Voice gives you but was getting the error "We can't verify your identity" when trying to list 1st item on eBay. To avoid having to pay a monthly fee for another line we ported a real # in from a carrier into Google voice for $20. I have a stealth account that has been operational for years (still is) and has a regular (not even a port) Google voice #, I figure it would just work or wouldn't work. They sent us an e-mail in bad english asking dumb questions like "How much will you sell on eBay per month?", answered all the questions but didn't complete the identity verification page:
*** WARNING eBay link ***
*** WARNING eBay link ***
Because they didn't even state what exactly they wanted, it's just a page to upload all sorts of documents like contracts, address verification, legal information but no directions.

eBay didn't respond, after a couple days sent a follow up e-mail and they responded minutes later saying they couldn't risk unlocking the account. It seems to have gone to a different country because their english was better this time. Never sold or bought ANYTHING on eBay.

So now I guess that address we used is burned? This address is for the only other property (condo) we own that wasn't registered with eBay and is also registered with a bank account. eBay never got SSN or ID. Do we have to buy/rent another property in order to sell on eBay? Does eBay check your address that appears on your bank statement? How do they verify the information? Just from a PDF you upload to them? Would we be better off upgrading one of my stealth accounts that has been forced into eBay MP instead of trying to make a new account? I figured that would seem kind of shady changing the name and address when switching to eBay MP so we opted to make a fresh account and built up cookies, used a fresh dedicated IP, new machine, etc. It's also risky because once they ban a SSN it's for life whereas an address you could buy another house in theory.

Gooogle 06-27-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1159824)
@Gooogle, just fyi - write a disclaimer like **Warning ebay link** when you put in a link to a selling platform

I can't edit the OP but will do so going forward.