how to call eBay UK after suspension without reason - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-05-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 14%
Default how to call eBay UK after suspension without reason

Hi, I run a eBay account for 11 years, all real information, never had any problem in ten years selling, power seller all that. sell about 10k a month for the past 5 years.
now with this stupid eBay management payment thing. I verified with my personal Natwest bank at first. then I was worried about Tax problem, I switched to online bank Pingpong, after a week time eBay ask me for bank statement to re-verify. and refused document from Pingpong. all right, I switched back to Natwest, and send them two documents, one is latest transaction in past three month.
but I did not notice at the time, the bank put my name in short form. so I received a message from eBay say name does not match. I talked with an live Agent immediately explained this, the person said it all good he checked my documents are OK and took note for the back team, told me just wait 5 business days. Next day my account was suspended. without even a message, no Notice at all!
I talked to another live agent he said it was suspended permanently and no appeal, but he still put appeal for me anyway because even them think this is wronged. Today another agent just shut down out conversation said no appeal.
I need to call for a real person I guess. but I cannot find their phone number and email now, I used to call the a couple years ago. Could anybody tell me what's their number to call or email to write to? for eBay UK
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-05-2021

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: how to call eBay UK after suspension without reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantking View Post
Hi, I run a eBay account for 11 years, all real information, never had any problem in ten years selling, power seller all that. sell about 10k a month for the past 5 years.
now with this stupid eBay management payment thing. I verified with my personal Natwest bank at first. then I was worried about Tax problem, I switched to online bank Pingpong, after a week time eBay ask me for bank statement to re-verify. and refused document from Pingpong. all right, I switched back to Natwest, and send them two documents, one is latest transaction in past three month.
but I did not notice at the time, the bank put my name in short form. so I received a message from eBay say name does not match. I talked with an live Agent immediately explained this, the person said it all good he checked my documents are OK and took note for the back team, told me just wait 5 business days. Next day my account was suspended. without even a message, no Notice at all!
I talked to another live agent he said it was suspended permanently and no appeal, but he still put appeal for me anyway because even them think this is wronged. Today another agent just shut down out conversation said no appeal.
I need to call for a real person I guess. but I cannot find their phone number and email now, I used to call the a couple years ago. Could anybody tell me what's their number to call or email to write to? for eBay UK
If you feel you were taken down in error, just send them email after email explaining everything and asking to send in a formal complaint. After few copypaste replies that you are suspended permanently they will eventually escalate it to some higher persons who would be able to actually review your case. If that fails as well - you should send them the actual formal complaint letter, which they MUST read and issue a reasonable reply. Also you can go to some service like BBB and ask them to help. Thing is that using certain banks raise huge flags on the account, and ANY error at that point can cause disaster.
Old 11-05-2021
Threadstarter  

thank you for the information, that's exactly what I am going to do.
do you know that's their email address to send to? I will write to them everyday.
also what's BBB?
Old 11-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Unfortunately, we will have to keep that information to ourselves as risk detection is an internal procedure. All we can say is we are unable to see future in this partnership and thus it would be better to part ways.
While we know this is not the response you wished to receive, there is no further opportunity for appeal on this decision.
---- just said by a live agent from eBay.
Old 11-05-2021

Longevity: 27%

Are you a UK resident? As a business seller why were you worried about 'tax problems'. Your choice of alternative 'bank' is almost certainly what triggered the suspension. Personally I think the account is dead.

Beginning to sound like it's time to start again.

(BBB is 'Better Business Bureau' in the US and is of not use to you whatsoever. )
Old 11-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Old 11-05-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Are you a UK resident? As a business seller why were you worried about 'tax problems'. Your choice of alternative 'bank' is almost certainly what triggered the suspension. Personally I think the account is dead.

Beginning to sound like it's time to start again.

(BBB is 'Better Business Bureau' in the US and is of not use to you whatsoever. )
Yes, I was a UK resident till a couple years ago, but currently moved to another country, and will move to Canada next year. so I have a flat in UK, bank account and rented a warehouse for my stock and shipping. That's why I worried about the bank may ask me to explain things but I will not able to go to the branch to talk to them in person. It happened before more than once, because I keep moving and using banking from aboard.
I know it was a bad idea now, but at the time there was no rules or information say you cannot use alternative bank, it was just all in blind.
Old 11-05-2021
Threadstarter  

UK got the similar thing of BBB, I am considering to sue eBay there for suspension me without reason. but the layer's opinion is not positive since eBay is a private company they can do whatever they want.
But it's similar to Uber, now they have to consider register drivers are employee after the class law suit. I read on Forum there are too many angry people about eBay. Hope there is a class action agaist eBay someday soon.
Old 11-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
UK got the similar thing of BBB, I am considering to sue eBay there for suspension me without reason. but the layer's opinion is not positive since eBay is a private company they can do whatever they want.
But it's similar to Uber, now they have to consider register drivers are employee after the class law suit. I read on Forum there are too many angry people about eBay. Hope there is a class action agaist eBay someday soon.
There is always talk about class action for years though... :(
Old 11-06-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

the account is toast , that is a new entrapment policy of ebay where they blacklist banks but do not tell which banks. and as soon as someone try to use those banks they restrict or suspend indefinitely

for that reason the best way to go would be to use a bank which has a banking licence and which does credit checks on people to open accounts. pingpong is not a bank , they just rent virtual accounts from citibank.

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 11-06-2021 at 04:33 AM.
Old 11-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

Anyone tried Tide bank with ebay?
Old 11-06-2021
Threadstarter  

so which virtual bank is OK to use? eBay should just make it clear. is Payoneer OK?
Old 11-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
so which virtual bank is OK to use? eBay should just make it clear. is Payoneer OK?
Try Starling Bank
Old 11-07-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
Try Starling Bank
starling has a banking licence so it is not a virtual bank , the TO is looking for virtual accounts that can be opened for non residents and currently it is only revolut that take almost anyone and that can be used on ebay , all other "virtual banks" are banned or are likely to be soon
Old 11-16-2021

Longevity: 42%

Most virtual banks blacklisted.