Suspended, I don't know what I did! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-27-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 8%
Default Suspended, I don't know what I did!

So I have a permanent suspension on my account, and I don't even know what I did. Maybe somone has some insight. Allow me to tell the story.

I have an account that is over 18 years old. I have been selling on it for years. In the past few years selling has ramped up, and it is now my full time gig. I am just a seller and not big into the inner workings of ebay. Sales were kind of in a slump so I did some research and put a few things up for dropshipping. They were only up a few days, and I took them down, as I realized it was not worth the time, effort, etc. A few days latter my promoted impressions hit the floor, and my sales dropped to near zero. Turned out that my account was flagged.

I talked with a number of ebay reps. and the flag was removed, but they said it would be about a month before the impressions started going up. I had another ebay account I had not used, it was about 3 years old. I started selling on it as a backup.

Things started selling good, and sales on it went from $260 in sales in August to over $4,000 in sales in the first 22 days of October. Then I got hit with an MC011. I had never heard of it before. I complied with the request, sent in a copy of my drivers license, bank statement, and the last 4 product invoices dating back to July. Real invoices. I use one buying agent in China for all my stuff.

During this time I talked to probably 5 agents to try to get an answer as to what was going on, none would tell me.

The next morning I get a request for the same things to be sent in again. I called ebay and talked to an agent, and he said to just send it all in again. I was preparing to send it in, and this time I was getting the receipts from the wire transfers ready to go too.

I went back to ebay to send them, and saw I had a notification of a perminent suspension. This all happened within a 20 minute span of time.

I called Ebay again, and talked to a very nice rep. and explained everything. She was understanding, but could not tell me anything. She said she was going to put in notes and send them to the security team that I was sending all the information again, along with receipts from the wire transfers. She thought they may re-look at it but could not say for sure.

I sent all that stuff yesterday morning, not a peep from them. Nothing.

My 18 year old account is still working, the whole flag thing has been fixed, and impressions are better, but still on the low side. I sell the same products on that account, and so far no problems. The account in question was new to selling, but I had 100% feedback, nothing bad on metrics or anything.

So I am really confused. It seems like I was suspended for no reason, at least none that I can figure out. From the sounds of it there is no way to get it reinstated either, but at this point I would at least like to know what I did, if anything.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2022

Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Suspended, I don't know what I did!

they simply didn't like what you listed during that interim period of time of your slow sells, and triggered a doc request. aka doa.
The Following User Says Thank You to robjobs For This Useful Post:
HelpPlease (10-27-2022)
Old 10-27-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjobs View Post
they simply didn't like what you listed during that interim period of time of your slow sells, and triggered a doc request. aka doa.
Interesting. Same things I sell on the other account. And I did send them the documents they requested, and the account was still suspended.

To me it seems like they don't look at anything, they just throw the suspension out there and be done with it.

Since these accounts are both linked under my name and bank account, does it put my 18 year old account at risk now?
Old 10-27-2022

Longevity: 49%

if the account you're talking about is the newer account with a mc011, should be fine. 18 years worth of activity would take a bit to take down regardless, this is why i replied to this thread. newer accounts can go down a lot faster than more established accounts. i just didn't get your take in the op.
Old 10-28-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
HelpPlease (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022

Activity: 82%
Longevity: 46%

golden rule of ebay: only recent selling history plays a role on seller accounts , registration date does not matter

conclusion: any account without selling history must be treated as new account
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
HelpPlease (10-28-2022), Hiddengoated (02-20-2023)
Old 10-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
golden rule of ebay: only recent selling history plays a role on seller accounts , registration date does not matter

conclusion: any account without selling history must be treated as new account
For a selling site, they sure make it hard to sell. I never knew all this stuff. I just want to sell. Nothing illegal, nothing ⊗⊗⊗⊗, just want to sell. It is almost like they don't want sellers.

I have a lot to learn about ebay I guess. I went for years on one account with no issues. Now I am about dead broke because of the issues the past couple of months with them. Getting me frustrated and depressed.
The Following User Says Thank You to HelpPlease For This Useful Post:
banginonwax (10-31-2022)
Old 10-28-2022

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpPlease View Post
So I have a permanent suspension on my account, and I don't even know what I did. Maybe somone has some insight. Allow me to tell the story.

I have an account that is over 18 years old. I have been selling on it for years. In the past few years selling has ramped up, and it is now my full time gig. I am just a seller and not big into the inner workings of ebay. Sales were kind of in a slump so I did some research and put a few things up for dropshipping. They were only up a few days, and I took them down, as I realized it was not worth the time, effort, etc. A few days latter my promoted impressions hit the floor, and my sales dropped to near zero. Turned out that my account was flagged.

I talked with a number of ebay reps. and the flag was removed, but they said it would be about a month before the impressions started going up. I had another ebay account I had not used, it was about 3 years old. I started selling on it as a backup.

Things started selling good, and sales on it went from $260 in sales in August to over $4,000 in sales in the first 22 days of October. Then I got hit with an MC011. I had never heard of it before. I complied with the request, sent in a copy of my drivers license, bank statement, and the last 4 product invoices dating back to July. Real invoices. I use one buying agent in China for all my stuff.

During this time I talked to probably 5 agents to try to get an answer as to what was going on, none would tell me.

The next morning I get a request for the same things to be sent in again. I called ebay and talked to an agent, and he said to just send it all in again. I was preparing to send it in, and this time I was getting the receipts from the wire transfers ready to go too.

I went back to ebay to send them, and saw I had a notification of a perminent suspension. This all happened within a 20 minute span of time.

I called Ebay again, and talked to a very nice rep. and explained everything. She was understanding, but could not tell me anything. She said she was going to put in notes and send them to the security team that I was sending all the information again, along with receipts from the wire transfers. She thought they may re-look at it but could not say for sure.

I sent all that stuff yesterday morning, not a peep from them. Nothing.

My 18 year old account is still working, the whole flag thing has been fixed, and impressions are better, but still on the low side. I sell the same products on that account, and so far no problems. The account in question was new to selling, but I had 100% feedback, nothing bad on metrics or anything.

So I am really confused. It seems like I was suspended for no reason, at least none that I can figure out. From the sounds of it there is no way to get it reinstated either, but at this point I would at least like to know what I did, if anything.
Sorry to hear your account was suspended.

What type of products were you selling were they counterfeit items? You said you uploaded an invoice from China for 4 products sold.

What invoice was it from China?

Also in my experience eBay don’t like it when you send a bank statement of your recent transactions sold I don’t know why but it’s never worked for me.
Old 10-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Sorry to hear your account was suspended.

What type of products were you selling were they counterfeit items? You said you uploaded an invoice from China for 4 products sold.

What invoice was it from China?

Also in my experience eBay don’t like it when you send a bank statement of your recent transactions sold I don’t know why but it’s never worked for me.
I sell inexpensive smartphones. They are not counterfit, but they do look like iPhones and Samsung phones. I purchase from one agent in China, not all over the place or Alibaba. So I had real invoices from him. Payment was sent via OFX, a money transfer service.
Old 10-28-2022

Quote:
I sell inexpensive smartphones. They are not counterfit, but they do look like iPhones and Samsung phones. I purchase from one agent in China, not all over the place or Alibaba. So I had real invoices from him. Payment was sent via OFX, a money transfer service.
We’re the smartphones branded? It looks like eBay were not happy with your business model either the phones you were selling or the supplier you got them from.

Unfortunately you won’t be able to get your account back as it’s been suspended. I would advise if you wanted to sell these phones create multiple accounts and not rely on one account as if you didn’t earn $4k in the month on that account then your account wouldn’t of received MC011 and can continue selling them this is caused due to an increase in sales or disputes.
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
HelpPlease (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
We’re the smartphones branded? It looks like eBay were not happy with your business model either the phones you were selling or the supplier you got them from.

Unfortunately you won’t be able to get your account back as it’s been suspended. I would advise if you wanted to sell these phones create multiple accounts and not rely on one account as if you didn’t earn $4k in the month on that account then your account wouldn’t of received MC011 and can continue selling them this is caused due to an increase in sales or disputes.
No, they are unbranded.

Well, now I know. A selling site, that does not want you to actually sell. Odd.
Old 10-28-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
That right there... is what got you suspended.

Here's my suggestion, from now on put that account on hold and "practice" using stealth accounts.

So if you make mistakes, you don't just burn a good old account.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
rsot (10-29-2022)
Old 10-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post

Here's my suggestion, from now on put that account on hold and "practice" using stealth accounts.

I have been selling them for 2+ years on the original account and never had a problem. Tons of other people sell them as well.

You are probably correct, it is just these are nothing new that I am selling. It was just new to this account. I guess that was the main issue.
Old 10-28-2022

Quote:
No, they are unbranded.

Well, now I know. A selling site, that does not want you to actually sell. Odd.
I think it’s personally because the phones resemble a look a like of an iphone even tho it’s not iphone it probably has the same features or it’s the supplier invoice you sent but it’s one of those 2 reasons eBay are not happy with your business model.

You can never trust eBay and put all your eggs in one basket and rely on one account.
Old 10-29-2022
Threadstarter  

I thought of something that may have also triggered the final restriction, I am not sure though. After doing a lot of reading, it sounds like I may have committed one of ebay's cardinal sins.
After I got the MC011, I wanted to talk to ebay reps. The account has always been under my cell phone number. I live out in the country and we barely get any cell phone service. There are one or two spots out in are yard that we get enough to talk on, otherwise it is just enough to get a text, but not pictures or anything.
So before having them give me a call back, I went into the settings and changed the phone number to my home phone number.
Could this have been the final nail? I did not know this was a no-no.
Old 10-29-2022

Quote:
I thought of something that may have also triggered the final restriction, I am not sure though. After doing a lot of reading, it sounds like I may have committed one of ebay's cardinal sins.
After I got the MC011, I wanted to talk to ebay reps. The account has always been under my cell phone number. I live out in the country and we barely get any cell phone service. There are one or two spots out in are yard that we get enough to talk on, otherwise it is just enough to get a text, but not pictures or anything.
So before having them give me a call back, I went into the settings and changed the phone number to my home phone number.
Could this have been the final nail? I did not know this was a no-no.
No changing a phone number should not permanently suspended your account. If you used a google voice then maybe that would cause a red flag but if you changed SIM card then it shouldn’t of caused any problems
Old 10-29-2022

Longevity: 38%

Are the two account linked to each other? Same details? If so, you might lose both accounts. :(
Old 10-29-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Are the two account linked to each other? Same details? If so, you might lose both accounts. :(
Yes they are. When I created it, well, even up until this became a problem, I did not know anything about "linked accounts". Or how they may be an issue.

The 18 year old account, last year I did $33,000 in sales on the phones from November to Christmas. No problems. Hopefully I can do the same this year.

I hope I don't loose the account. There is no reason for it.
Old 10-29-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
I have been selling them for 2+ years on the original account and never had a problem. Tons of other people sell them as well.

You are probably correct, it is just these are nothing new that I am selling. It was just new to this account. I guess that was the main issue.
Things like this catches on soon or later.

ANd I'm sure you have had issues with them too?

THe good thing is you had a good run of 2+ years with them...
Old 10-30-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
The 18 year old account, last year I did $33,000 in sales on the phones from November to Christmas. No problems. Hopefully I can do the same this year.
Nice activity
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
HelpPlease (10-30-2022)
Old 10-31-2022
Threadstarter  

Question. Someone told me that using the same IP address/same computer for both accounts may have been the trigger. I don't use any VPN, I use mostly one computer, but sometimes do use a Chromebook in the kitchen which is on the same WiFi.

Could either of these have triggered anything?
Old 10-31-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post

Yeah so they can be pretty tough on things like that honestly