Permanently Restricted 15 y/o account after link to unknown account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-05-2022

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 29%
Default Permanently Restricted 15 y/o account after link to unknown account

Hello,

I have an eBay US account that is over 15 years old and all of the details are in my name and legit.

For the past 10 years or so, I've been selling in the 100-500k range (sales) per year without any serious issues.

About 6 weeks ago I got an MC011 message and had all but maybe 50 of my listings taken down. (thousands of listings removed)

I still made some sales with the listings that they didn't remove over the next week or so but I eventually ended those listings in order to comply with the mc011 message and get all tracking uploaded and verified.

Anyway, after getting tracking uploaded and outstanding items delivered and getting all cases, etc resolved, I was informed via the mc011 appeal process that my account had been linked with another eBay account that was suspended.

They provided the name of this account to me in the message, but I have absolutely no connection or knowledge of the account. (from looking into sales history from that account's name, it appears it was created about 4 years ago and suspended probably 3.5 years ago) They told me that I had to resolve whatever issue this other account was experiencing in order to be able to reinstate my account.

Since I didn't have any way of accessing this account, I was basically stuck. I called into eBay and the support agent took my side and tried everything she could to break the link between my account and this suspended account but it wasn't possible. She told me to try responding the the mc011 email explaining the same thing I told her.

Unfortunately, when I replied to the message, they told me that the reason is that the other account is suspended for "non-payment".

I replied saying that I once again have no way of accessing the account, that it isn't my account and that I've contacted friends/family and no one has any idea about this account.

I did say that my 15 year old account is very valuable to me and I'd be willing to pay whatever the balance is on the linked account.

Unfortunately, this was quickly replied with the "permanently restricted from selling" email.

==================================================

I'm curious if anyone else has ever dealt with the "linked account" issue and if there are any solutions to this?

Also, is the "permanently restricted from selling" message something that I can still overcome or is this account toast?

Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-05-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Permanently Restricted 15 y/o account after link to unknown account

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblues View Post
Hello,

I have an eBay US account that is over 15 years old and all of the details are in my name and legit.

For the past 10 years or so, I've been selling in the 100-500k range (sales) per year without any serious issues.

About 6 weeks ago I got an MC011 message and had all but maybe 50 of my listings taken down. (thousands of listings removed)

I still made some sales with the listings that they didn't remove over the next week or so but I eventually ended those listings in order to comply with the mc011 message and get all tracking uploaded and verified.

Anyway, after getting tracking uploaded and outstanding items delivered and getting all cases, etc resolved, I was informed via the mc011 appeal process that my account had been linked with another eBay account that was suspended.

They provided the name of this account to me in the message, but I have absolutely no connection or knowledge of the account. (from looking into sales history from that account's name, it appears it was created about 4 years ago and suspended probably 3.5 years ago) They told me that I had to resolve whatever issue this other account was experiencing in order to be able to reinstate my account.

Since I didn't have any way of accessing this account, I was basically stuck. I called into eBay and the support agent took my side and tried everything she could to break the link between my account and this suspended account but it wasn't possible. She told me to try responding the the mc011 email explaining the same thing I told her.

Unfortunately, when I replied to the message, they told me that the reason is that the other account is suspended for "non-payment".

I replied saying that I once again have no way of accessing the account, that it isn't my account and that I've contacted friends/family and no one has any idea about this account.

I did say that my 15 year old account is very valuable to me and I'd be willing to pay whatever the balance is on the linked account.

Unfortunately, this was quickly replied with the "permanently restricted from selling" email.

==================================================

I'm curious if anyone else has ever dealt with the "linked account" issue and if there are any solutions to this?

Also, is the "permanently restricted from selling" message something that I can still overcome or is this account toast?

Thanks in advance.

So you said this account is your real name everything and it's 15 years old right.

You need to keep calling these donkeys if the other account is truly not yours.

If you;re making that much yearly with this account, I'd sue.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (12-11-2022)
Old 12-06-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%

Its crazy how such an established business can end overnight because of a bot...
The Following User Says Thank You to DENDEN76 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2022

Longevity: 15%

I have wondered if Identity theft was taking down established, legit accounts, and perhaps that's the link.

It's laughable that ebay will not accept payment regardless, and instead, lose thousands in selling fees from an established seller.

Even worse is the fact that lower-level CS reps can't, or don't, send requests upstream and have management review cases worth another look.

I realize there may be more to this story, but this has been my first hand experience as well. No wonder ebay has lost millions of buyers this year as sellers are forced to migrate to other sites.

Shopify had record Black Friday sales this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to blanksie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2022

Longevity: 20%

Its big data...they're probably dealing with 1000s of requests like this...you're just a number on a screen
The Following User Says Thank You to DENDEN76 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

what device are you using to access your Ebay account?PC,LAPTOP,phone?
if it is 15 years old,were you using a pc or laptop?
Have you ever log into this account on another device,say someone else?
Have you ever allowed someone to use your device?
How often do you delete cookies?

Some one could have stolen your ID and open an account with Ebay and listed some items for sale,back then we have to pay listing fees,so if these items did not sell,he just skip town without paying.

Everyone is now on MP,I doubt there is any Ebay staff who would try to apply the payment to a dead account?
go to Ebay seller forum and ask.
There are Ebay staff on that forum

You can try $100 and attached a letter saying what it is for?
if it is cashed ,then you can call back and ask for reinstatement.
if it is less than $100,if it is an active account,then it would have a credit balance ,but if it is closed,I dont know if it would send the remainder back to the address on file.
If the address is no good,then mail would be returned back to ebay and EBay has to deal with it.
you see,there is a lot of work for a small sum of money and do you expect a minimum wage Ebay clerk to do all these? or know how to do all these?
go ask ebay rep on EBay seller forum

Quote:
I started the account 15+ years ago so obviously in the first 5 ish years I just used the account normally on my pc and phone because I wasn't really selling anything. mostly just buying

Once I started selling seriously, I moved the account onto a VPS so that the IP would never change and everything would be static and there wouldn't be a risk of ip links/etc. I travel a lot internationally as well so I thought it was necessary. That was 3+ years ago.
somehow,someone got hold of your ebay ID and password and start selling.
Ebay sellers who were suspended are desperate to rid inventories and so hijack other people's accouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Haven't tried this option in years - does it even exist?
In the early days,everyone mailed Ebay a check,then comes credit cards but still there are some who pay their fees with check,but now everyone must have MP to sell.and must link a bank account.
AT first some sellers were upset as they dont have a bank account or they wont give their bank account to MP.

YEARS Ago,I came home and found someone has hijacked my seller account and listed some items like old SInger sewing machine,accessories ,those picture look rather old and stale .I called Ebay and they removed those listings and I changed my password.
back then there are phishing emails which lure you to a phony site and you log in with your ID,now they have it,the site looks like it is Ebay or AMZN or paypal.
they can even buy an item from you and send you an email which looked like Paypal saying you have money,ship now !!!!!!!

Quote:
Agreed - way back in the days of money orders and checks in the mail, we would routinely pay eb fees with cheques in the mail, etc.

These days, I wonder if they even have a backend office for this
------
Those were the good old days,reach into the USPS mail box and pulled out envelopes with checks,money order and even cash.
people will buy anything everything,they even subscribe to your paranormal experience ,tarot reading.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-13-2022 at 01:00 AM. Reason: double and triple posting
Old 12-07-2022

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 39%

Shopify is not a selling platform, it’s an shopping cart solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanksie View Post
I have wondered if Identity theft was taking down established, legit accounts, and perhaps that's the link.

It's laughable that ebay will not accept payment regardless, and instead, lose thousands in selling fees from an established seller.

Even worse is the fact that lower-level CS reps can't, or don't, send requests upstream and have management review cases worth another look.

I realize there may be more to this story, but this has been my first hand experience as well. No wonder ebay has lost millions of buyers this year as sellers are forced to migrate to other sites.

Old 12-09-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
what device are you using to access your Ebay account?PC,LAPTOP,phone?
if it is 15 years old,were you using a pc or laptop?
Have you ever log into this account on another device,say someone else?
Have you ever allowed someone to use your device?
How often do you delete cookies?
I started the account 15+ years ago so obviously in the first 5 ish years I just used the account normally on my pc and phone because I wasn't really selling anything. mostly just buying

Once I started selling seriously, I moved the account onto a VPS so that the IP would never change and everything would be static and there wouldn't be a risk of ip links/etc. I travel a lot internationally as well so I thought it was necessary. That was 3+ years ago.
Old 12-09-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanksie View Post

There may well be more to the story but as the owner of the account I'm not aware of anything more haha which is frustrating.

I wish I could just hack into the other account and pay the debt as I think it would resolve the issue. I would pay thousands of dollars to remove the link/resolve the issue and I'm guessing the debt owed by this linked account is less than $200! So annoying !
Old 12-09-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Some one could have stolen your ID and open an account with Ebay and listed some items for sale,back then we have to pay listing fees,so if these items did not sell,he just skip town without paying.
It is definitely possible but it does also seem like a bit of a stretch too. Would be a very weird coincidence
Old 12-09-2022

Longevity: 45%

Im wondering if you could mail a cheque to ebay for the $amount?

Quote:
There may well be more to the story but as the owner of the account I'm not aware of anything more haha which is frustrating.

I wish I could just hack into the other account and pay the debt as I think it would resolve the issue. I would pay thousands of dollars to remove the link/resolve the issue and I'm guessing the debt owed by this linked account is less than $200! So annoying !
Old 12-10-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oethumb39 View Post
Im wondering if you could mail a cheque to ebay for the $amount?
Old 12-10-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I think I would first have to know the amount owed which doesn't seem possible to figure out. Any tips?
Old 12-11-2022

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

I'm lost for words how ebay won't kick up your case to upper management. I would keep trying and pursuing all avenues they are losing money here you're turning over 100-500k that's insane amount of fees to lose out on because of a bot.
Old 12-11-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
In the early days,everyone mailed Ebay a check,then comes credit cards but still there are some who pay their fees with check,but now everyone must have MP to sell.and must link a bank account.
AT first some sellers were upset as they dont have a bank account or they wont give their bank account to MP.
Agreed - way back in the days of money orders and checks in the mail, we would routinely pay eb fees with cheques in the mail, etc.

These days, I wonder if they even have a backend office for this
Old 12-12-2022

Activity: 78%
Longevity: 46%

I think it is pointless , I once had a similar issues , my account was restricted indefinitely to listing 5 items per month only without possibility of appeal because I was accused of having another restricted account so was told to fix that one but I could not as it was not mine

the issue remained unsolved until MP kicked in , once it was activated the 5 item restriction was gone , it was luck of course