eBay Restrictions - Please help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-25-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 7%
Default eBay Restrictions - Please help

Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help and provide some guidance.

Within the last few months I've had some concerning issues being caused by eBay. This all started with restrictions and selling bans. First of all I listed a foot cream which I was advised was a prescription drug despite me listing this only in the UK and this is available over the counter, this resulted in my being banned from selling for 3 days. A few weeks later I was working my way through listing all of my inventory and I listed mouthwash and again I was restricted but this time for 7 days, advising that this was a prescription drug again. Despite appealing both of these bans/restrictions nobody ever contacted me back which left me chasing call backs for hours each day and having to wait out the restrictions.

In the middle of all of the issues with Royal Mail, and Packlink generating labels, I had an email to say that eBay had added a delivery date extension for all of my customers based on item not received cases, none of which were my fault, I had provided shipping evidence etc I was told this could be appealed. After days of formatting and collating all of this information, I spoke with somebody who told me that there was no option to appeal this and nobody had the power to remove these delivery date extensions from my account. They are still active on my account which has seriously impacted the number of sales I have been having compared to sales previous to the delivery date extensions.

Since this I decided that I was going to be extra sensitive and alert when listing to prevent any of these bans/restrictions being imposed again. Since then I listed a hair bleach product and I was then banned from selling this time for 10 days advising that this was a tooth whitening product. Again I was quick to call up and appeal this decision speaking to numerous people to get this resolved. I was promised that the adviser would follow up and call back and would also arrange a separate manager call back however both never happened. Despite raising this appeal nobody contacted back and I had no option but to sit and wait out this 10 day selling ban which has had awful consequences on my business and my personal financial life.

Despite being banned for 10 days on the latest ban, I was told that eBay had removed those products because it breaches policies; however, when my account was reinstated after the 10 day ban nobody had removed these products and they were live in my store! I have had to end these myself now, in fear of being banned again but for 30 days this time. I have also had over 30 listings of household cleaning products taken down because I was told these are pesticides or fertilisers. They are household disinfectant cleaning products, it really feels like there is a technical error causing issues on my account.

On the 16th January I received an email to advise that my payouts are on hold and this review would take up to 5 days. Today marks the 7th working day (10th non working day) and I still don't have any payout. There thousands of pounds sat in my pending balance which is my profit and more importantly needed to ship my buyers orders. I have no idea what to now as eBay advisers have suggested refunding all 166 orders and allowing the back office team to review my account once all outstanding sales have been delivered or refunded. As I haven't had a payout for nearly 10 days and I'm thousands of pounds down. Through the help section of eBay it states that I have a payout tomorrow however on the payout section it says no upcoming payouts. I also spoke to an adviser on live chat that promised the restrictions would be removed and my payout in my account the next day as the money had already left and been processed by eBay. I have since spoken to a different adviser who advised that I have a shill bidding restriction on my account, however I have never used eBay for auctions and all of my listings are buy it now. None of this makes any sense at all.

Please can somebody help and shine some light? I've been told this is not a MC011 restriction if that helps?! Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm just an honest guy trying to make a self employed living after getting made redundant.

Thank you in advance
Nathan
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-25-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: eBay Restrictions - Please help

It sounds like Ebay does not like the products you are selling,you should find something else to sell.
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
ddone99 (01-25-2023)
Old 01-26-2023

Activity: 47%
Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC241121 View Post
Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help and provide some guidance.

Within the last few months I've had some concerning issues being caused by eBay. This all started with restrictions and selling bans. First of all I listed a foot cream which I was advised was a prescription drug despite me listing this only in the UK and this is available over the counter, this resulted in my being banned from selling for 3 days. A few weeks later I was working my way through listing all of my inventory and I listed mouthwash and again I was restricted but this time for 7 days, advising that this was a prescription drug again. Despite appealing both of these bans/restrictions nobody ever contacted me back which left me chasing call backs for hours each day and having to wait out the restrictions.

In the middle of all of the issues with Royal Mail, and Packlink generating labels, I had an email to say that eBay had added a delivery date extension for all of my customers based on item not received cases, none of which were my fault, I had provided shipping evidence etc I was told this could be appealed. After days of formatting and collating all of this information, I spoke with somebody who told me that there was no option to appeal this and nobody had the power to remove these delivery date extensions from my account. They are still active on my account which has seriously impacted the number of sales I have been having compared to sales previous to the delivery date extensions.

Since this I decided that I was going to be extra sensitive and alert when listing to prevent any of these bans/restrictions being imposed again. Since then I listed a hair bleach product and I was then banned from selling this time for 10 days advising that this was a tooth whitening product. Again I was quick to call up and appeal this decision speaking to numerous people to get this resolved. I was promised that the adviser would follow up and call back and would also arrange a separate manager call back however both never happened. Despite raising this appeal nobody contacted back and I had no option but to sit and wait out this 10 day selling ban which has had awful consequences on my business and my personal financial life.

Despite being banned for 10 days on the latest ban, I was told that eBay had removed those products because it breaches policies; however, when my account was reinstated after the 10 day ban nobody had removed these products and they were live in my store! I have had to end these myself now, in fear of being banned again but for 30 days this time. I have also had over 30 listings of household cleaning products taken down because I was told these are pesticides or fertilisers. They are household disinfectant cleaning products, it really feels like there is a technical error causing issues on my account.

On the 16th January I received an email to advise that my payouts are on hold and this review would take up to 5 days. Today marks the 7th working day (10th non working day) and I still don't have any payout. There thousands of pounds sat in my pending balance which is my profit and more importantly needed to ship my buyers orders. I have no idea what to now as eBay advisers have suggested refunding all 166 orders and allowing the back office team to review my account once all outstanding sales have been delivered or refunded. As I haven't had a payout for nearly 10 days and I'm thousands of pounds down. Through the help section of eBay it states that I have a payout tomorrow however on the payout section it says no upcoming payouts. I also spoke to an adviser on live chat that promised the restrictions would be removed and my payout in my account the next day as the money had already left and been processed by eBay. I have since spoken to a different adviser who advised that I have a shill bidding restriction on my account, however I have never used eBay for auctions and all of my listings are buy it now. None of this makes any sense at all.

Please can somebody help and shine some light? I've been told this is not a MC011 restriction if that helps?! Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm just an honest guy trying to make a self employed living after getting made redundant.

Thank you in advance
Nathan
But before everything was ok ? I mean before those few months !
Old 01-26-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Old 01-26-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlis96 View Post
But before everything was ok ? I mean before those few months !
some one could have reported OP and it takes time to investigate.
Old 01-27-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

too long of a write-up OP hence the low response rate in all likelihood
Old 01-28-2023

if you keep selling products which Ebay does not approve,you will have your selling privilege suspended .
Find something else to sell.
Also you said-
There thousands of pounds sat in my pending balance which is my profit and more importantly needed to ship my buyers orders.
-----------
You dont have these products and you are going to buy them with customer money,which can fall under
retail arbitrage,Ebay could ask you for vendor invoice,to prove you have an account with wholesaler/distributor or factory,not just going to CVS or Walgreen to buy retail
Old 01-28-2023

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%

you obviously do not understand how ebay works

once an item was removed for a policy violation this can not be appealed anymore. it may be possible on amazon but not on ebay

once such removals start you either remove all products at risk from sale immediately or the removals will continue until you get suspended

in your case you need to stop selling in the categories where removal took place , I mean completely stop selling in those categories on this account otherwise you will be suspended soon

the 7 day restriction is the red line after which all products for the category must disappear if the account is supposed to stay alive