MC___ suspension / restriction CODES / NOTICES- what do the EBAY CODES/NOTICES MEAN? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-21-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Thumbs down MC___ suspension / restriction CODES / NOTICES- what do the EBAY CODES/NOTICES MEAN?

Hello guys

Please help. I followed the instructions on this site and manage to open an account from Asia and been able to start selling my merchandise and did'nt get linked with my old suspended account. but today I got this letter from the FPA notice from trust and safety dept. they locked my account without letting me know in advance and canceled all my listing. I wa so mad because the listing fee are they going to refund me and what happened to all those protential buyers who wants to buy my stuff and the lost I had not making the sales because ebay decided to do a random check on people's Identity. it's not right, but can someone take a look of this letter and let me know what I should watch out ? the account info I gave them are all real info just in Asia, different person that has no records with ebay and real credit card. so if they want to check they can because it's all real but what do you guys think? do you think they find out it's link to my suspended account? help please!

Altu

FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration - User Agreement – Additional Verification Required

To help protect your account, eBay has ended your listings and locked your account. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

In order to maintain a safe trading environment, limits are occasionally placed on accounts. These limits are in no way meant to question your record with eBay or your standing in the eBay Community. To unlock your account, please verify your identity by logging into your eBay account and following the instructions on the message provided. You’ll then be able to resume trading immediately.

If you're unable to complete the verification process described above, please reply to this email and we’d be glad to send further instructions.

We sincerely value you as a member of the eBay Community and look forward to a continued, successful relationship. We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible.

Regards, Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-21-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

it happened to me also yesterday while i was trying to change my password from different ip, they asked me to answer the call from the phone number that i provided during the registration and give the pin (4 digits) that they will give you. later my account was unlock. i used aim phoneline from AOL it's free and you get your own number and check your voicemail online but you have to pay if you want to call.
good luck.
Old 07-21-2007
Threadstarter  

Default hi thanks, do you think they will link my old suspended acct phone # to this one?

Hello

how can I apply for aim phone? do you know where I can look for it? also if I give them my fax number but I am not sure if I have used it on my previous suspended account line, will that make them trace it back to me and my previous suspended acct?
Old 07-22-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by simogold View Post
it happened to me also yesterday while i was trying to change my password from different ip, they asked me to answer the call from the phone number that i provided during the registration and give the pin (4 digits) that they will give you. later my account was unlock. i used aim phoneline from AOL it's free and you get your own number and check your voicemail online but you have to pay if you want to call.
good luck.
i got that message too.i registered an us ebay account but i'm not live in the us.

simogold,is that aim phoneline for the ppl around the world or just for the pp in the us?will aim give me a phone number after i register or i can choose a phone number?i used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phone number when i registered ebay how will i do with that?could i get many phone numbers if i register many aim or they only allow one people have one?Thank you
Old 07-22-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Just don't give eBay a landline number and they won't be able to track it to an address.
Old 07-22-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

i think the service only for USA.go to Screen Name Service.

To listen to your voicemail you need an AOL or AIM e-mail address, a computer with an internet connection, a web browser, and speakers. To answer calls, you also need AOL 9.0 or the latest version of AIM, and have a microphone or PC headset.
Old 07-22-2007
Banned

it seems they are only doing this to overseas accounts
Old 07-23-2007

Longevity: 98%

No Chris... it is across the board.
Trust and Safety are coming up with ways for verifying and they have a list.
Old 07-23-2007

im in usa and the other 2 people here who had this problem in usa
Old 07-23-2007
Banned

So all they do is ask you to verify phone number? After they limit account , can you still change phone number on file to change to legit phone number or will they block that too?
Old 07-24-2007

Acually after I fogot my password with ebay and my I had to redo my password is when I got my notice of suspension and all my ip addresses are different because I have dsl, I dont think we can make any changs at all..
Old 07-24-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
So all they do is ask you to verify phone number? After they limit account , can you still change phone number on file to change to legit phone number or will they block that too?
you can change the phone number then just use this messanger. They will live massage with 4 digits for you. The account is automaticaly unbloked then and you get refund for the actions they killed. F..krs
Old 07-24-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

So would you recommend using a legit number when creating an account? Or would you wait until you're limited and asked for this information? I'm just wondering if I should update the guide for this.
Old 07-24-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
So would you recommend using a legit number when creating an account? Or would you wait until you're limited and asked for this information? I'm just wondering if I should update the guide for this.

no dont wait till you limited because they take everything off like you suspendet or something. You loose lots of clients that way. so make shure you got working nomber. The number dont have to be yours. I wuld never give my phone number to these ebay mafia. yes it wuld be nice to have these info in case sance it happen to 3 of us on this forum i think is just a beginig. they used to limit and not let you post anymore but now they take everything off.
Old 07-31-2007
Banned

An Ebay buyer turned me in and I got the famous Copyright violation right after. I told you all anyone can turn you in for vero and copyright
Old 08-05-2007
Threadstarter  

hi chris, you can change your phone # later, I have not tried it yet but I am sure if you do that, ebay will "limit" your account again and try to verify . it jsut makes me wonder, maybe they know we have account that has been suspended and this is our new ID? why they pick us ? or I am just being parinoid/
Old 08-07-2007

Longevity: 96%

Can you get one of these AIM numbers?
I'm not sure if I understand how this verification process works. Do you have to actually answer or call them back and enter the PIN?
If you can call them back, you can always block your caller ID if you are calling from a phone different from the "created" one. Can't ebay tell if these numbers have prefixes associated with AIM accounts.
If you need a way around it you can always get a spoofcard. They work great, but if you enter a landline and call a landline, the personal info such as name won't show up. But if the number you are spoofing is a cell, that info never shows up on caller ID anyway.
Old 08-13-2007

Thumbs down MC___ suspension / restriction CODES / NOTICES- what do the EBAY CODES/NOTICES MEAN?

Someone please help me this morning, I recieved this email this morning but it did not appear in my ebay messages (which I feel is kinda weird) and I did try to list something this morning and everything went through fine and there is no suspension on my ebay account.. So I am not sure what this is all about, and if they are needing credit cards to identify you what are we suppose to do????? Someone please get back with me right away >>>>>> How are you suppose to identify yourself when opening up a new ebay accout because they either want a credit card or a drivers license number for id reasons.. Please reply asap......

TPO NOTICE:
We are writing to alert you that your eBay account has been suspended,
because your credit/debit card company declined eBay's attempt to verify
your registration information that we have on file.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning,
temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership
and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions
may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.

To remove any limitations, you are required to confirm your eBay account registration.

Confirm your eBay account registration

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited
from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

Regards,
eBay Billing Department
Old 08-13-2007

Are you sure it's not ⊗⊗⊗⊗? I get a few of those messages.

I was in Ebay when I got suspended. It was like a house of cards falling down. I first got a violation email. 10 sec later an alert. About 30 sec later I got a suspension email. Then all my items began to disappear. Then the account was locked. This all happened in under 2 minutes.
Old 08-13-2007

Question

So do you think this is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (Spoof) I was reading this on ebay, because it did not appear in my messages on ebay and it let me list an item this morning.. What do you think?

Reporting and Recognizing Spoof (⊗⊗⊗⊗) Emails

Spoof emails are deceptive emails claiming to be sent by well-known companies. They are called "spoof emails" (also known as "hoax" or "phisher" emails) because they ⊗⊗⊗⊗ the appearance of a popular Web site or company in an attempt to commit identity theft. The people who send these emails hope that unsuspecting recipients will reply or click a link contained in the email and then provide sensitive personal information (for example, eBay passwords, social security numbers, or credit card numbers).

To help eBay protect your eBay account and your identity:

* Report suspicious email to eBay.

* Learn to recognize email messages from eBay.

* Learn to recognize characteristics of spoof email.

* Know what to do when you receive suspicious email.

* Protect yourself from spoof emails and possible eBay account takeover and identity theft.

Reporting spoof email

If you have any doubt whether an email is from eBay, help eBay keep our community safe by reporting it immediately.
To report suspicious email:

Use your email program to forward the message to spoof@ebay.com.
Important: In order for eBay to investigate your report, you must forward the email without adding attachments, adding text or altering text.

Once you have forwarded the email, you can delete it from your email account.

An email message from eBay:

* Never asks you to provide financial account numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information through email. If eBay requests information from you, a copy of that email will be in the My Messages box in My eBay. For more information, see Using My Messages.

* Does not require you to enter information on a page that cannot be accessed from the eBay site. When possible, you should avoid clicking links. Instead of clicking the link, you should copy the address and paste it into the Address/Location area of your Web browser. While eBay may send email that contains links, the links are provided for convenience only. You will not be required to submit sensitive information if a direct link is provided to an eBay page.

* Will not include attachments. If you receive a message that appears to have been sent from eBay that includes an attachment, do not open it.

* May be a misdirected "Forgot your password" message. These messages are sent when a member enters a User ID using the "Forgot your password" feature. After the User ID is entered, a notice is sent to the email address registered to that account. If you received this email unexpectedly, it is probably because someone else mistyped his or her own User ID when attempting to use this feature.

Typical characteristics of spoof email

The following characteristics are warning signs that the email you received may not be legitimate.

* Uses eBay terms, department names and often includes the eBay logo to resemble common eBay email.

* Has a generic greeting like “Attention eBay Member.”

* Often includes a forged eBay address in the "From" line of the email. For example, "From: support@ebay.com", "From: billing@ebay.com", "From: eBay Account Maintenance." Just because the sender line includes “ebay.com”, does not guarantee that the email is from eBay.

* Contains threats of account suspension or urges quick action. Subjects can include problems with your account, Ask the Seller a Question, or offers to become an eBay PowerSeller.

* Includes a request to provide personal information, to verify your password, or to confirm account information.

* Contains links to Web pages that look exactly like eBay sign-in pages.

What to do when you receive suspicious email

* Do not send sensitive personal information using email.
eBay will never ask you to send your account password or other sensitive personal information, such as credit card numbers, in an email.

* Never click on a link in an email if you are unsure of its origins, especially if the email asks for personal financial information. The purpose of spoof email is to lead you to a Web site and attempt to collect personal information and commit identity theft or other crimes.

* When in doubt, go directly to the eBay Web site. Open a new browser window, type www.ebay.com, sign-in, and use the "site map" link to navigate the site. For more information, see Recognizing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ eBay Websites. Make sure you sign out when you are finished, especially if you are using a public computer.

* Report the email by forwarding the email to spoof@ebay.com.

* Monitor your account for suspicious activities. Your account may have been compromised. eBay also monitors suspicious account activity and will contact you about changing your password.

Important: If you have already replied to a fraudulent email with sensitive personal information or entered data through a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Web page, you need to take immediate steps to protect your eBay account (see Securing Your eBay Account and Reporting Account Theft) and your identity (see Protecting Your Identity).

Protecting yourself against spoof email and Web sites

* Learn how to spot spoof emails. Take the Spoof Email Tutorial and review Safety Tips listed on eBay’s Security and Resolution Center.

* Install the free eBay Toolbar with Account Guard. Typically, spoof email links to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Web site. Account Guard warns you when you are on a potentially fraudulent Web site. For more information, see About eBay Toolbar's Account Guard. To download, go to the eBay Toolbar Home page.
Related Help topics

Recognizing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ eBay Web Sites

Securing Your eBay Account and Reporting Account Theft

Protecting Your Identity
Old 08-13-2007

I also recieved this message yesterday.....NOT TODAY
Old 08-13-2007

I bet it's just a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Especially if your account is still active. Did it have any links in it? Check to see if the links went to Ebay.com