MC___ suspension / restriction CODES / NOTICES- what do the EBAY CODES/NOTICES MEAN? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-13-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It's a phishing email. Don't believe a word of it. I'm 100% of this.

Other people who have received this email ..

HELP ME, PLEASE! -- Page 1
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

I did click on the link and it did go to a eaby webpage and asked for my sign in information and password, as you see in the spoof notice I listed above it says it could go to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay website.. because when I hit it it just went to credit card info.. What do you think about this, Because everytime I got suspended it went to my ebay messages and to my email address and they did not mess around they immediatly susepend my account.. please reply anyone
Old 08-13-2007

Why do people do this and how did they get my email info???
Old 08-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandlayne View Post
I did click on the link and it did go to a eaby webpage and asked for my sign in information and password, as you see in the spoof notice I listed above it says it could go to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ebay website.. because when I hit it it just went to credit card info.. What do you think about this, Because everytime I got suspended it went to my ebay messages and to my email address and they did not mess around they immediatly susepend my account.. please reply anyone
You need to click on that link again and make ABSOLUTELY SURE you are on Ebay. Spoof sites look identical. Look in the address bar and make sure ebay.com is the URL. If you're not sure just copy and paste the link here, you can remove it later.
Old 08-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster72 View Post
You need to click on that link again and make ABSOLUTELY SURE you are on Ebay. Spoof sites look identical. Look in the address bar and make sure ebay.com is the URL. If you're not sure just copy and paste the link here, you can remove it later.
If you have been spoofed you need to change ALL your passwords immediately.
Old 08-13-2007

I am afraid if I change any of my profile it will put up a red flag and I will really get suspended... HELP
Old 08-13-2007

This is what the we address waS, and when I click on it know it says HTTP Error Resorce Not Found... Does this sound like a ⊗⊗⊗⊗????

http://signin.ebay.com.ws.eBayISAPI....rmRegistration
Old 08-13-2007
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Yes, it's a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Change all your passwords IMMEDIATELY.
Old 08-13-2007

Longevity: 96%

⊗⊗⊗⊗, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ , ⊗⊗⊗⊗
This is strictly Phising.
I would get 2-3 of these a week at an email that wasn't even used for ebay.
A friend of mine who has never even gone on ebay accused me of using his email to set up an account because he received one of these messages and he wasn't familiar with the scam called Phishing.

A couple of dead giveaways.
The email that you receive should also show up in your "my messages" in ebay

It should also have your ebay username followed by your "registered" real name and be addressed that way and not "dear value member" not "valued" mind you, but value. If you read closely the pigeon english is a dead giveaway, but most of us skim through anyway. I hope these scammers stay somewhat dumb and NEVER get someone fluent in english to compose their spooofs.
Old 08-13-2007

If I change all of my info is that a Red Flag for ebay, I do not want to get suspended again????
Old 08-13-2007

Quote:
If I change all of my info is that a Red Flag for ebay, I do not want to get suspended again????
Could be, this might be what nailed me. Here is what happened.

I did not receive an email like this, but I was surfing ebay and had been having some pretty significant issues with spyware and popups. I was signed in and was adding things to my watchlist. Suddenly I was back to a screen asking me to login which I did. I hit the back button on the browser and it turned from green to gray, indicating to me that the page I signed in on was a popup. Immeadiately I exited all IE windows, opened a fresh one, logged in to EB and changed my username to something very similar and also changed my password.
I almost went the entire 30 days and had the little "changed user ID" icon dis appear when I got banned for being associated.

I have to admit that I almost fell for the email spoof the first time it showed up, but since it wasn't in "my messages" I let it slide and eventually heard about it on a nationwide computer radio show.

I must say that the spyware/popup thing is much easier to fall for so be particularily wary of it.
Old 08-13-2007

You really just need to change your password (Paypal too). Did you give them any other info like your cc number, ss#, birthday? Changing your password will not get you suspended.
Old 08-13-2007

Quote:
This is what the we address waS, and when I click on it know it says HTTP Error Resorce Not Found... Does this sound like a ⊗⊗⊗⊗????

*URL REMOVED*
The link you received is from the domain putchy22.com, registered on 8-2-07. It immediately redirects to ace11ball.com, registered on 8-9-07. Domainsite.com hosts both domains. Domainsite is an accredited ICANN registrar for selling domain names and should be notified. They have a direct number on their home page.

Besides that, it is important to know if you filled out the form after you logged in? Was the info ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or real? When you logged in they got your username and password, really no big deal if you change you password. The information that you may have filled out on the following page is how they can STEAL YOUR IDENTITY. No kidding, no exaggeration.

Just like you, I fell for this once. Only I frantically logged in and began filing out the form. When I got to the bottom they wanted my birthday and SS#. Only then did I look up at the URL.

Don't feel bad, I have been a computer repair technician since 1991 and have seen almost everything. They got me too. They prey on emotion.

HOWEVER, I did not click on submit. Did you by chance click on submit?

If so was the data completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗?
Old 08-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopster72 View Post
You really just need to change your password (Paypal too). Did you give them any other info like your cc number, ss#, birthday? Changing your password will not get you suspended.
All I did was enter my login info, but didn't want an account with 100% and 100+ positives hijacked like other ones have been. So I slightly changed my username and completely changed my password...and less than 10 days later the same account gets suspended for the infamous "associated with" reason.

FTR my new info was totally different from anything I had ever used before so I know that isn't how they associated the accounts.

I get a kick out of it, but EB acts like the reason that they boot everyone is to uphold the integrity of their site and name, but when someone hijacks your account and you report it they won't take your original info like they make you provode to get re-instated, they make you provide the new info that the hijacker provided.

The laugh is on him though because that account got hit at the same time as my legit (primary) account recently.
Old 08-13-2007
Banned

Quote:
Why do people do this and how did they get my email info???
it's prpbably Ebay own Employees that do this. It has been stated at paypalsucks.com that a paypal employee got charged for doing this with paypal users, but paypal kept it on the hush hush
Old 08-14-2007

I did not enter anny ccard info but I did log in to my account when I hit this link, I am afraid if I change my info I will get banned from ebay again.. please help wwhat should I do???
Old 08-14-2007

Quote:
I did not enter anny ccard info but I did log in to my account when I hit this link, I am afraid if I change my info I will get banned from ebay again.. please help wwhat should I do???
You only need to change your passwords. Changing your password is a normal thing to do and will not get you suspended, or even throw up a red flag.
Old 08-14-2007

A friend of mine who isn't even on ebay received one of these yesterday.
I think the key is at the top of the email it the ebay logo and then followed by "this message was sent to an ebay user" your registered name should then be immeadiately after this.
Old 08-14-2007

A little more info on my friend's spoof email.
I checked out the "respond now" button and it goes to a site called icimod.org
I then checked out the same button on an email that I knew was real and it goes to contact.ebay.com

Might be good to keep in mind to check these out in the future, because the emails themselves sure do look real.
Old 09-23-2007

Thumbs down MC___ suspension / restriction CODES / NOTICES- what do the EBAY CODES/NOTICES MEAN?

Got this notice about a month ago that I was under 5 percent satisfaction on ebay. People want there stuff so fast.So i could only sell 70 percent of my 3 month average(then after that they would decide if I was going to be booted). I sell rock shirts, so some times I have to wait for suppliers to ship to me. So my feedback got low, and some jackasses left multiple negatives.
I guess ebay is really getting hard. This notice has come to over 3 accounts thru my business. One account had 80 feedbacks 5 negs.
They want you to be amazon and shipped asap. All my buyers are young and they freak out if there item isnt on there door steps in 15 days.So I guess feedbacks do help, because once you get this notice you better out perform you past history.
One of the accounts was frozen after the 3 month period and could only buy items.
Also how to you track cheap items overseas. Its seems like any jackass from overseas can say he never got his item and get a paypal refund.Shipped over a thousand overseas items never got one returned with a wrong address.

Anyways love this board, im new

thanks, brian
Old 09-23-2007
Banned

Yeah from what I have read you are selling ed hardy or artful dodge shirts( Yes, i m very good at decrypting messages) counterfeit clothing

And your products are coming from China overseas.

So you can either..

1. Ship directly from supplier instead of supplier to you to customer..(You probably like shipping to you then customer so they wont see its coming from china..Most dont care).

2. DropShip directly from china to the customer( this is what I would do)

3. Make sure you note in your listings that shipping will take anywhere from 10-15 days. in big red letters and also note that the products is coming from overseas directly from the warehouse...

15 days is too long for shipping. Even though my shipping can take up to 15 days I make it known in my auction listings

Good Luck
Old 09-23-2007

I buy rock t shirts from the garment district in los angles and some wholesalers thru the web. Im sure it would be all over for me if I was selling ed hardy. My sales are more just a collection of alot of variety from punk to metal to jazz(some are dirty and some are legit). My only veros have been a handful since starting this company. But as we all know you can get taking down for selling some jeans that did'nt fit with tags.
thanks, Brian

guilty of a blue collar crime(work)