OK guys-challenge to figure out what happened/whats EBAY DOING NOW TO SUSPEND PEOPLE? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-30-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

ebay and I go waaaaay back. i don't pay my bills and that's why a have a zillion suspended names.

i get different dial up ip addys, i was just wondering about what specifically a mac address is and does?

is there such a thing as a "hardware id" on your computer that can be detected?

I'm really thinking that i messed up an opened an email from a suspended name and then got a cookie that detected when I opened emails from other names subsequent to reading that email. BUT, I don't display pictures when opening emails.

I just can't figure out why they got 8, and left the other 9 alone(for now)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-30-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
On my dial-up account at least, the ip changes every time you log in. So getting the same ip the next day would be pretty hard. Are you saying you have a Static IP address on your dail-up?
And why are your accounts getting killed if you are not selling "banned" items?
Some of my dial-up providers have a Static IP. Reason for this is that the entire ISP uses a proxy gateway. All of its users, about 500,000 have the same IP. Very likely many of them use eBay, so eBay can't just suspend all accounts on that IP. They have to match more of it than just the IP.

Some of my accounts get killed for stupid reasons, like listing too much or doing too many changes aka violating the spirit of eBay. You got to find out what you can do and what you can't. Some accounts get suspended because competitors report my listings as VERO, even though I'm selling the same thing as them. It happens.
Old 12-01-2007

All this IP address talk it making me laugh my A$$ off. I can see most have no idea what each octet represents. I recommend people to take CCNA 1-4 then comment about IP's. You guys are killing me......

I do think its possible for ebay to suspend because of an IP address however for suspending for an entire rage is insane. Tou IT guys know what I am saying....
Old 12-01-2007

i'm 99.9% positive they are not able to detect MAC address on NIC cards.

People are getting suspended due to slacking off and not following the steps to stay on ebay.

Using the same IP to log into each ebay account will get you suspended.

An example, say you have 3 ebay accounts working and active. You mostly can use the same IP to log into each account and get away with it until something happens to one of the accounts then all other accounts that are attached to that IP will also go down.

Main account can use a Static IP however other accounts need a dynamic or separate Static IP

People use library's and schools however I can't see how this is a good idea. If eBay received enough troubled issues from accounts from one IP, they are all most likely going to go byebye.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself an old fashion land line and use dial up. Running multiple accounts can be all done from home.
Old 12-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

Of course it's impossible for them to suspend and ban every IP that has ever had to do with a suspended user. For example, if you use eBay for 3 years on a dial-up, you most likely logged on with hundreds of IPs. Say your account then gets suspended, they cannot possibly then suspend all the people that have ever used an IP that you have. They would run out of customers fairly quickly that way, because everyone will be connected to everyone in some way.
Old 12-01-2007
Banned

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vers0 View Post
All this IP address talk it making me laugh my A$$ off. I can see most have no idea what each octet represents. I recommend people to take CCNA 1-4 then comment about IP's. You guys are killing me......

I do think its possible for ebay to suspend because of an IP address however for suspending for an entire rage is insane. Tou IT guys know what I am saying....
You misunderstood the about the entire ip range. They are not banning whole range of ip blocks, but certain 2 place prefixs of brand new accounts.
Old 12-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

To give it a try, I just made a new account using the exact same IP that was suspended 2 days ago, but everything else including name, address, etc. is different. We'll see how it goes, so far so good.
Old 12-02-2007

Longevity: 99%

POP QUIZ HOTSHOTS:
I never change my IP address, nor ask my provider, I dont do anything actually that involves router, modem, but here is the kicker Im still on ebay just under different name. hows that possible.........
Old 12-02-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

imjustme,i could tell you registered a lots of ebay accounts and i was wondering where did u get so many phone numbers to register with?
Old 12-02-2007

3.99/month- tossable digits...
Old 12-02-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Geez, some of you are spilling way to much direct info. Now you know Ebay and their snitches monitor this forum. Its cool to give help and lead the person in the right direction, but I think we should try not to give direct sources, except for in a PM.
Old 12-02-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinxu View Post
imjustme,i could tell you registered a lots of ebay accounts and i was wondering where did u get so many phone numbers to register with?
I use virtual phone numbers. Costs me about $10 a piece here. Sometimes I use a family member's phone number or if I'm out of those and virtual numbers for the moment, I have my wife call one of her 50 girlfriends and use theirs :D
Old 12-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
POP QUIZ HOTSHOTS:
I never change my IP address, nor ask my provider, I dont do anything actually that involves router, modem, but here is the kicker Im still on ebay just under different name. hows that possible.........
PM me, i have an answer for ya.
Old 12-02-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel_01 View Post
POP QUIZ HOTSHOTS:
First you probably don't sell Vero or "banned" items, second your account is probably more then 30 days old, you probaly have legit feedback.
Also, most ip addresses are dynamic, you actual have to pay extra to get a same static ip.
Once you have a certian number of feedback, or powerseller you can pretty much sell what you want, untill a vero complains at least 2-3 times.
Regular ebay is fairly easy to get back on .
Also, ebay motors is harder to get back on once you screw them for a couple of car postings.
Old 12-03-2007

if you use dial up are you okay with the ip address issue??
Old 12-03-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by setmefree View Post
if you use dial up are you okay with the ip address issue??
Check your ip with IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup and see if it changes everytime you use dial-up. I bad ip address will get your account flagged for a closer look, but might not get you automatically banned.
Old 12-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
You misunderstood the about the entire ip range. They are not banning whole range of ip blocks, but certain 2 place prefixs of brand new accounts.
Do you mean Octets?
Old 12-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Geez, some of you are spilling way to much direct info. Now you know Ebay and their snitches monitor this forum. Its cool to give help and lead the person in the right direction, but I think we should try not to give direct sources, except for in a PM.
I hear that.

As bad as I want to share all that I have learned, I am finding is necessary to hold back some discoveries. It's my opinion that this forum is infested with eBay employees. This is now an open forum. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

I think its time that some of us might want to create an alternative way of communicating with a selected group of people.

We should always come back to this forum because it contains a vast amount of information that can be accessed.

I just have a bad feeling that ebay is going to make things extremely difficult for us in 2008