eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   OK guys-challenge to figure out what happened/whats EBAY DOING NOW TO SUSPEND PEOPLE? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/1777-ok-guys-challenge-figure-out-what-happened-whats-ebay-doing-now-suspend-people.html)

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-30-2007 12:16 PM

OK guys-challenge to figure out what happened/whats EBAY DOING NOW TO SUSPEND PEOPLE?

15 minutes ago I lost several active userids. I challenge you guys to help me figure out what happened.

All were created using the game plan specified in this website EXACTLY. The plan I've been using for YEARS successfully.

What was really bizarre, was I received the same email to every name- it was actually one of the old-school names where they tell you you were linked to a suspended name! And they named a suspended name WHICH WAS NOT MINE!!

What could have happened?

MY THEORY is either they traced the MAC addess on my computer, or they linked up to my MARKETWORKS account??

This must be a new technique because I've used the same auctionworks account for years.

imjustme 11-30-2007 12:21 PM

You ran out of luck and logged in through an IP that has been used by someone else's account ...someone that got suspended too :)

ebayhateluv 11-30-2007 12:23 PM

or-your competitor found u out?

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-30-2007 12:34 PM

I considered both of those. But I had brand-new stuff on 3 of the names that I've never sold before.

And that is some bad luck- getting ahold of 8 IP addresses used by formerly suspended people.

sycore 11-30-2007 01:06 PM

No, i agree. I have been on ebay since the very early years. (Remember when they used to give 10 free listings:)) Anyway, they are definitely tracking something different. They are hard targeting entire ip ranges and title descriptions an new accounts.

Don't think they are tracking MACs but they are easy to change using SMAC 2.0 for those of you with cable modems it is an easy way to change your ip if your router does not easily release.

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-30-2007 01:14 PM

Yeah, I analyzed the IP address ranges and my surviving accounts all used the same IP ranges as the dead ones.

I use system mechanic to clean my comp all the time, but sometimes it says to reboot, and never did before. Maybe that new thing they are leaving on my computer can't be erased without rebooting, or can't be erased at all?

Also, it has been 2 weeks at least since I signed into ebay using any of those suspended names, so they must have been saving it all up for last night for their system maintenance.

PS.I remember when you could register in a foreign country and sell without a credit card.

doughboykilla 11-30-2007 01:27 PM

where do u download system mechanic ? and dose it work good for clear all the junk that sites put on your pc to track/spy on u

Chris Hanson 11-30-2007 01:28 PM

you logged in on a bad ip that it..you got got. you slipped up somehow rather you remember or not..

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-30-2007 01:32 PM

8 different ip addresses, though? I have a spreadsheet with all of them logged and cross-referenced. None are the same.

Which again begs the question that what if someone goes to a public computer who is suspended, will every person thereafter who uses that internet cafe to go on ebay be suspended too?

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-30-2007 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doughboykilla (Post 16496)
where do u download system mechanic ? and dose it work good for clear all the junk that sites put on your pc to track/spy on u

You can google system mechanic and find it that way. It is supposed to clean everything.

sycore 11-30-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayisanecessaryevil (Post 16495)
Yeah, I analyzed the IP address ranges and my surviving accounts all used the same IP ranges as the dead ones.

I use system mechanic to clean my comp all the time, but sometimes it says to reboot, and never did before. Maybe that new thing they are leaving on my computer can't be erased without rebooting, or can't be erased at all?

Also, it has been 2 weeks at least since I signed into ebay using any of those suspended names, so they must have been saving it all up for last night for their system maintenance.

PS.I remember when you could register in a foreign country and sell without a credit card.

I started the thread in the ebay discussion section a few days ago about the same thing. I had 6 go down. And while the were all different they were all in the same range of about 4-5 combos starting combos were XXX are total different. Example:
74:124:XXX:XXX
24:236:XXX:XXX
6:23:XXX:XX
70:89:XXX:XX
67:226:XX:XXX

So while the complete ip address are all completely different the 2 starting prefixs are only 1 of 5 possible from my ISP.

You want to trade buying accounts?

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-30-2007 02:06 PM

I came up with the same conclusion about range.

now as for MAC addresses, are those still readable even if you are on dial up and have disabled your associated network cards? Forgive me for not knowing a lot about this stuff.

I don't have any buyer accounts set up now. They're all seller accounts I'm AFRAID to use right now.

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-30-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycore (Post 16500)
I had 6 go down.?

Is this the first time you've had a bunch of names go down like this?

Ballsack 11-30-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayisanecessaryevil (Post 16498)
8 different ip addresses, though? I have a spreadsheet with all of them logged and cross-referenced. None are the same.

Which again begs the question that what if someone goes to a public computer who is suspended, will every person thereafter who uses that internet cafe to go on ebay be suspended too?

Probably, if they are using that computer to sell which virtually no one would do.

sycore 11-30-2007 03:29 PM

You can have SMAC 2.0 create a random mac address if you are using a router or network card. Not sure if you are going dial-up route. Run SMAC 2.0 and see if finds any network cards or anything else.

Still I think someone else here said that they need a java app to capture you MAC. So it is unlikely they are using it. More then likely title descriptions on item and ip ranges.I have no problem opening selling accounts, just listing "banned" items. The thing that get us so mad is the power sellers they let sell the same exact item.

ebayisanecessaryevil 11-30-2007 03:46 PM

i have a network card that came up. we have 4 computers on a wireless network here, but we only access ebay using dial up.

as for my merchandise, i don't sell anything taboo/banned, i just don't like to pay my ebay bills.

What about some sort of machine hardware number that can be identified?

As for my computer name, it's "computer." not sure if that's a link or not. BUt the name on the network is something else. Should I change my LAN name?

Chris Hanson 11-30-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayisanecessaryevil (Post 16498)

Ip address is only a factor in the suspension process not the MAIN factor. They dont be like oh he/she is using a suspended ip lets suspend him. They need more proof. Such as address, email, auction items, style, etc..

sycore 11-30-2007 04:11 PM

You can change tyour windows registration info this way.
copy and save your original name and number in case you need to change it back.

I have sellers account with false info linked to Virtual credit card with 0 balance. Do you want to trade seller accounts? As long as you pay your ebay fees before the try to change the card you should be ok.

# Click Start and click Run.
# Type regedit and click OK.
# Expand the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
# In the right pane, double click RegisteredOrganization.
# Type in the new organization name and click OK.
# Double click RegisteredOwner.
# Type in the new name of the registered owner and click OK.

sycore 11-30-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hanson (Post 16506)
Ip address is only a factor in the suspension process not the MAIN factor. They dont be like oh he/she is using a suspended ip lets suspend him. They need more proof. Such as address, email, auction items, style, etc..

I respectfully disagree. I had account going strong untill i log in to the account with suspended ip to relist the auctions.

imjustme 11-30-2007 04:16 PM

It has to be something more than just the same IP. I use 6 dial-up providers and recently one account got killed. I registered a new account the next day with the exact same IP, down to the last number, just with a different name, address, etc. and the account is still going nearly a week after and 30+ items sold. I'm also selling the same product again.

So they're not targeting, at least from my experience, just the IP. It's got to be the IP and perhaps the same city, zip code, etc.

imjustme 11-30-2007 04:20 PM

By the way, there is no legal way for eBay to discover your MAC address, that's a myth. They would need to be on the same network as you (aka. in your house) or hack into your network, also highly unlikely and again not legal.

So bottom line, they can NOT detect your MAC address.

sycore 11-30-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 16509)
It has to be something more than just the same IP. I use 6 dial-up providers and recently one account got killed. I registered a new account the next day with the exact same IP, down to the last number, just with a different name, address, etc. and the account is still going nearly a week after and 30+ items sold. I'm also selling the same product again.

So they're not targeting, at least from my experience, just the IP. It's got to be the IP and perhaps the same city, zip code, etc.

On my dial-up account at least, the ip changes every time you log in. So getting the same ip the next day would be pretty hard. Are you saying you have a static ip address on your dail-up?
And why are your accounts getting killed if you are not selling "banned" items?

As a test I opened 2 accounts on the same day. using different info. Then starting selling on one. When it was suspended the other account was also suspended even though I never add a CC to sell and never logged back into it. As soon as they suspend one account, any registered with the same IP address usually will suspended also.