MC019 Today - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-26-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default MC019 Today

Hey guys,

I just received an MC019 today. It was a rather generic email. It doesn't mention the word Vero in it anywhere. Is there any way I can fight this? Any idea where this came from? Perhaps a competitor is watching my auctions? I want to list the item later maybe in a few weeks.

Here's a copy of the email:

Your listing has been removed.

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorized replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorized by that company, don't sell it on eBay.

It's against the law to sell unauthorized replicas of brand name products. Accordingly, listings for unauthorized replicas are not permitted on eBay.

For more information, please visit the following Help pages:

Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy

eBay: Redirect

You may need to take a tutorial. If it's required, you may be asked to take it the next time you sell. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. We understand that you may be concerned about this situation.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo216 View Post

Hey guys,
I just received an MC019 today. It was a rather generic email. It doesn't mention the word Vero in it anywhere.

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

Using another company's trademark in a way that may confuse buyers about the source of goods or services, or confuses buyers into believing that the seller is affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the trademark owner is both illegal and against eBay's policies. Examples include counterfeits, unauthorized replica items and items that bear the brand or logo of a company without that company's permission.

Guideline: If the product you are listing bears the brand or logo of a company, but it wasn't made or authorized by that company, don't sell it on eBay.

It's against the law to sell unauthorized replicas of brand name products. Accordingly, listings for unauthorized replicas are not permitted on eBay.

For more information, please visit the following Help pages:

Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

This is a Vero violation you got. If you want to re list it you will definitely have to change your listing. Maybe your pictures? Title? who knows with Ebay! Maybe it was priced too low.
Old 05-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

It is NOT a Pulldown from a VERO Member, This is Most likely a picture that you copied from another ebay user or Website or it is a picture of a Known Counterfeit, it could also be Copied text.

It could also be that you are comparing your Non-Branded item to a Brand Name.
I am pretty sure it is one of these, Id bet a Picture, if it is, simple solution===Take YOUR OWN picture and you should be OK
Old 05-27-2010
Threadstarter  

It's my own picture and text. Everything is mine. That's why I don't know why I received the notification. It didn't look like any other vero notices I've gotten. There was no email, so I couldn't contact the vero member. I just dont know what this is about.
Old 05-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

youve been reported by another ebay member, could be anyone, busybody, competitor, vero owner or employee
Old 05-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

I GUARANTEE that this in NOT A VERO Pulldown Just another one of Ebay's little annoyances.

Did you have the SAME Picture/Text in another listing in another account that got suspended?

Try Filing a Counter Notice that will bring out the truth, use this link to get it:http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...tice2003.shtml

Also check out this thread:http://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/97...hallenged.html
Old 05-27-2010

Default Mc019

Same thing happened to me like 10minutes ago,

So i got a MC019 followed by a >> MC198 INI Temporary Selling Restriction

This account is just over 30days old with 10feedback. How can they just give me a selling restriction on my first MC019 ?? what the hell, im going mad HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Were do i stand now? Is my account redhot? Can i sell the same product again(Vero jewellery)

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent listing on eBay. Unfortunately, your item(s) breached one or more of our policies and had to be removed from the site. Any associated fees have been credited to your account and any bidders on this item have been notified.

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx

Why did we remove your listing?

For a safe shopping experience on eBay, and to make buyers feel confident about their purchases, we will at times remove certain listings from the site.

To make sure you're following eBay policies and to help you avoid listing removals in the future, please take a minute to read and understand our selling guidelines. Open a new browser window and paste this link into it for more information:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxSelling with improved results[/url]

To have a chat about this policy, please follow this link:
xxxxxxxxxxxx

We do this in order to keep the site safe for all members, and sometimes this means removing certain listings.

- Limited selling history
- Your listing was brought to our attention by members of the community who reported it for questionable authenticity

To clarify what's allowed, we may provide a tutorial for sellers who've had an item removed. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take this tutorial. Once you've completed it successfully, please review your alerts and messages in My eBay for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members and participants in the VeRO (Verified Rights Owner) Programme, and we rely on these reports to help keep eBay a safe and reputable place to buy and sell.

Last edited by stickmade; 05-27-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

its not an official vero pulldown - doesnt mean vero owner isnt behind it though
Old 05-27-2010

Yeah but 7days suspension,,, that's a bit ruff for the first time. So how long now do i need to let my account cool down for ?
Old 05-27-2010

Longevity: 80%

Ebay does not like you to use stock photos or you copied someone eles listing.
You mite have to take your own photo and ues that one for your listing.
Old 05-27-2010

So you think i could sell the same thing & if so how long would i need to let the account cool for ?
Old 05-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmade View Post
- Limited selling history
- ....Your listing was brought to our attention by members of the community who reported it for questionable authenticity...

...... We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members and participants in the VeRO (Verified Rights Owner) Programme, and we rely on these reports to help keep eBay a safe and reputable place to buy and sell.

This is NOT a VERO Takedown, This was another Ebay user reporting you, Most likely a Competitor. Happens a LOT!!!

As far as selling the same thing it is really up to whoever Reported the item, I would be cool for a while, or try to figure out who reported the item and report a few of theirs with another Stealth account

That will Teach Them

Last edited by slapped; 05-27-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-27-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
This is NOT a VERO Takedown, This was another Ebay user reporting you, Most likely a Competitor. Happens a LOT!!!

As far as selling the same thing it is really up to whoever Reported the item, I would be cool for a while, or try to figure out who reported the item and report a few of theirs with another Stealth account

That will Teach Them

Definately right about that.... I lost an account with 979 feedback for reporting a bunch of sellers for selling bootleg. I learned my lesson on that