New Information about linking - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-19-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default New Information about linking

Today I spoke to Trust and Safety. Amazingly there is a voice behind their button pressing staff.

I confirmed from the horses mouth the following:

Ebay are linking verification phone numbers and suspending people for having the same phone number

Ebay are linking Paypal accounts to Ebay accounts and suspending accounts. They have now made it compulsory to have a paypal account when signing up

Ebay are linking photos and IP's and even email address providers and suspending users linked with certain providers

Ebay are also linking passwords and suspending accounts with similar passwords

I do hope that this helps us to further decode Ebay and get back on. I am ready retaliate and get back on Ebay without their knowledge

:D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-19-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Uhm Yes, we already know of all that. But thank you for your post..

I really dont blame Ebay, they are just doing their job and protecting their site
Old 12-20-2007
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Yeah this is all old news, but maybe some of our newer members will benefit from seeing it anyhow. BTW the only email address providers they "link" accounts by are the ones that are not ubiquitous like gmail or yahoo.. However if I had something like koalawash@paypalmustdie.com that would be a different matter.
Old 12-20-2007

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothappyjan View Post
Today I spoke to Trust and Safety. Amazingly there is a voice behind their button pressing staff.

I confirmed from the horses mouth the following:

:eek: Ebay are linking verification phone numbers and suspending people for having the same phone number

:eek: Ebay are linking Paypal accounts to Ebay accounts and suspending accounts. They have now made it compulsory to have a paypal account when signing up

:eek: Ebay are linking photos and IP's and even email address providers and suspending users linked with certain providers

:eek: Ebay are also linking passwords and suspending accounts with similar passwords

I do hope that this helps us to further decode Ebay and get back on. I am ready retaliate and get back on Ebay without their knowledge

:p :D ;) :rolleyes:

Well, that's all known. The passwords thing well I once asked if ebay linked passwords and people said no. Then someone claimed they might. Now you got proof. How did you get ahold of a real person?

Okay, now how is it compulsory to have a paypal account when signing up? Not as a buyer I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalawash View Post
Yeah this is all old news, but maybe some of our newer members will benefit from seeing it anyhow. BTW the only email address providers they "link" accounts by are the ones that are not ubiquitous like gmail or yahoo.. However if I had something like koalawash@paypalmustdie.com that would be a different matter. ;)

If you find a new free email service that's great, don't use it for ebay. Once one person using that gets suspended, they all will. I found that out on my own.
Old 12-20-2007
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

That's true! I only stick to the tried-and-true standbys that they're pretty much forced to accept.