eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   The wierdest thing happened on ebay today! mc152 suspension! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-suspensions/20449-wierdest-thing-happened-ebay-today-mc152-suspension.html)

georgecallahan 07-17-2010 12:43 AM

The wierdest thing happened on ebay today! mc152 suspension!

Ok, today I had ebay account a shutdown on an mc152. It had 22 positives (100%) and I was selling about 6 auctions a week for $150 a pop. The email address for ebay was linked to a paypal account that was shutdown in January so I figured a suspension was eminent.

However, at the same time account a was shutdown on a mc152, account b was also hit with a mc152. There is no way the accounts could be linked. All info is different and I sign in to the accounts on different computers.

My only thought is this. Both accounts sell the same kind of merchandise, even sometimes using the same pictures. Could ebay have investigated account a and stumbled on account b? Could it be mere coincidence they both got shutdown within 30 minutes of eachother?

FYI - I sell celebrity autographs and have 100% positive on all my accounts with excellent DSR ratings.

Thanks for the input guys!!

jeffweico 07-17-2010 12:55 AM

Using the same pictures can certainly do it. They have bots to check for this.

Autographs are considered a high-risk category by eBay. So those listings get extra scrutiny.

georgecallahan 07-17-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 151572)
Using the same pictures can certainly do it. They have bots to check for this.

Autographs are considered a high-risk category by eBay. So those listings get extra scrutiny.

Well my gosh I learn something new everyday! I had NO IDEA ebay can detect if 2 accounts are using the same pics.

It really sucks becuase I sell authentic autographs, have for years... but ebay acts like every autograph seller is a scammer trying to get over on people. I guess from now on I'll have to more careful about not sharing photos.

Another question - Can ebay suspend you for selling too many autographs? For instance if you have 22 positives and sell 5 autos a week for $100 each is this enough to get a suspension?

Thanks

slapped 07-17-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgecallahan (Post 151575)
Well my gosh I learn something new everyday! I had NO IDEA ebay can detect if 2 accounts are using the same pics.

It really sucks becuase I sell authentic autographs, have for years... but ebay acts like every autograph seller is a scammer trying to get over on people. I guess from now on I'll have to more careful about not sharing photos.

Another question - Can ebay suspend you for selling too many autographs? For instance if you have 22 positives and sell 5 autos a week for $100 each is this enough to get a suspension?

Thanks

No Doubt it was the Photos, If you MUST use the same photos At Least strip all the EXIF information on it then Resize it and overlay a Title on it, or your USER ID Over it, or Maybe even a watermark, but Not the same exact photo. Different photos are Best though.

georgecallahan 07-17-2010 02:07 AM

pics...

Yea, I will use different pics from now on.

Do they shutdown new ebay accounts for selling autographs just because the "suspect" someone of being a scammer? That seems crazy how they shutdown 2 unlinked accounts at the same time unless they shut them down for selling the same kind of autographs.

PS: Both accounts sold the same kind of autographs.

slapped 07-17-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgecallahan (Post 151583)
Yea, I will use different pics from now on.

Do they shutdown new ebay accounts for selling autographs just because the "suspect" someone of being a scammer? That seems crazy how they shutdown 2 unlinked accounts at the same time unless they shut them down for selling the same kind of autographs.

PS: Both accounts sold the same kind of autographs.

Ebay VERY Often will Suspend or Limit an account for no real season other than suspicious Activities, it is like they KNOW You are doing the wrong thing only they cannot prove it.

RimmingTon 07-17-2010 02:24 AM

What space of time was there between the suspensions? If it was more than 5 or 10 minutes then the chances are it's because someone reported the listings and the accounts were suspended individually and NOT because the accounts were linked by pictures or otherwise. It could be either though, no way of knowing.

When this happens it's usually a good idea to re-vamp listing text and pics to avoid any further losses..

slapped 07-17-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RimmingTon (Post 151587)
What space of time was there between the suspensions? If it was more than 5 or 10 minutes then the chances are it's because someone reported the listings and the accounts were suspended individually and NOT because the accounts were linked by pictures or otherwise. It could be either though, no way of knowing.

When this happens it's usually a good idea to re-vamp listing text and pics to avoid any further losses..

That Could be True, However it would an MC019 Notice, and in the Notice it would tell you if it was a "Concerened" Member of the "Ebay Community"

xl_The_Jackal_lx 07-17-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Both accounts sell the same kind of merchandise, even sometimes using the same pictures. Could ebay have investigated account a and stumbled on account b?
Bingo.

EBay shoots first and asks questions later.

jeffweico 07-17-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xl_The_Jackal_lx (Post 151688)
Bingo.

EBay shoots first and asks questions later.

Yes. And, don't feel safe just because your products are legitimate. PLENTY of people on this forum who have sold 100% legal and legitimate items have been suspended.

RimmingTon 07-17-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 151656)
That Could be True, However it would an MC019 Notice, and in the Notice it would tell you if it was a "Concerened" Member of the "Ebay Community"

That would depend on what he was selling.

forummember 07-19-2010 01:13 PM

Same pictures, descriptions, anything that was similar to previous accounts can lead to them putting two and two together. Although, it is a bit stupid because I've seen many people use the same picture and identical descriptions so I guess they shut down a lot of people who had no connection with one another whatsoever.

Nephilim 07-26-2010 07:10 PM

Seems as though you need to be really meticulous on how you operate on ebay and paypal. :shocked:

slapped 07-27-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nephilim (Post 153604)
Seems as though you need to be really meticulous on how you operate on ebay and paypal. :shocked:

If you are going to go Stealth,,, NO DOUBT you need to be Careful and KNOWLEDGEABLE

Nephilim 07-27-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 153662)
If you are going to go Stealth,,, NO DOUBT you need to be Careful and KNOWLEDGEABLE

Definetly! Everytime I log into one of my accounts, I check the ip twice, then look at other IP's that were suspended to see if they match. It may be a hassle, but is a must if you want to continue selling.

MadSam 07-27-2010 07:25 PM

That's the way it has to be.