The wierdest thing happened on ebay today! mc152 suspension! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-17-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default The wierdest thing happened on ebay today! mc152 suspension!

Ok, today I had ebay account a shutdown on an mc152. It had 22 positives (100%) and I was selling about 6 auctions a week for $150 a pop. The email address for ebay was linked to a paypal account that was shutdown in January so I figured a suspension was eminent.

However, at the same time account a was shutdown on a mc152, account b was also hit with a mc152. There is no way the accounts could be linked. All info is different and I sign in to the accounts on different computers.

My only thought is this. Both accounts sell the same kind of merchandise, even sometimes using the same pictures. Could ebay have investigated account a and stumbled on account b? Could it be mere coincidence they both got shutdown within 30 minutes of eachother?

FYI - I sell celebrity autographs and have 100% positive on all my accounts with excellent DSR ratings.

Thanks for the input guys!!
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 07-17-2010
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,057 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default

Using the same pictures can certainly do it. They have bots to check for this.

Autographs are considered a high-risk category by eBay. So those listings get extra scrutiny.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-17-2010
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Using the same pictures can certainly do it. They have bots to check for this.

Autographs are considered a high-risk category by eBay. So those listings get extra scrutiny.
Well my gosh I learn something new everyday! I had NO IDEA ebay can detect if 2 accounts are using the same pics.

It really sucks becuase I sell authentic autographs, have for years... but ebay acts like every autograph seller is a scammer trying to get over on people. I guess from now on I'll have to more careful about not sharing photos.


Another question - Can ebay suspend you for selling too many autographs? For instance if you have 22 positives and sell 5 autos a week for $100 each is this enough to get a suspension?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-17-2010
slapped's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 389
Thanked 1,397 Times in 866 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecallahan View Post
Well my gosh I learn something new everyday! I had NO IDEA ebay can detect if 2 accounts are using the same pics.

It really sucks becuase I sell authentic autographs, have for years... but ebay acts like every autograph seller is a scammer trying to get over on people. I guess from now on I'll have to more careful about not sharing photos.


Another question - Can ebay suspend you for selling too many autographs? For instance if you have 22 positives and sell 5 autos a week for $100 each is this enough to get a suspension?

Thanks

No Doubt it was the Photos, If you MUST use the same photos At Least strip all the EXIF information on it then Resize it and overlay a Title on it, or your USER ID Over it, or Maybe even a watermark, but Not the same exact photo. Different photos are Best though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-17-2010
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default pics...

Yea, I will use different pics from now on.

Do they shutdown new ebay accounts for selling autographs just because the "suspect" someone of being a scammer? That seems crazy how they shutdown 2 unlinked accounts at the same time unless they shut them down for selling the same kind of autographs.

PS: Both accounts sold the same kind of autographs.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-17-2010
slapped's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 389
Thanked 1,397 Times in 866 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgecallahan View Post
Yea, I will use different pics from now on.

Do they shutdown new ebay accounts for selling autographs just because the "suspect" someone of being a scammer? That seems crazy how they shutdown 2 unlinked accounts at the same time unless they shut them down for selling the same kind of autographs.

PS: Both accounts sold the same kind of autographs.

Ebay VERY Often will Suspend or Limit an account for no real season other than suspicious Activities, it is like they KNOW You are doing the wrong thing only they cannot prove it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-17-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 134
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
iTrader: (0)
Default

What space of time was there between the suspensions? If it was more than 5 or 10 minutes then the chances are it's because someone reported the listings and the accounts were suspended individually and NOT because the accounts were linked by pictures or otherwise. It could be either though, no way of knowing.

When this happens it's usually a good idea to re-vamp listing text and pics to avoid any further losses..

Last edited by RimmingTon; 07-17-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-17-2010
slapped's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 389
Thanked 1,397 Times in 866 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimmingTon View Post
What space of time was there between the suspensions? If it was more than 5 or 10 minutes then the chances are it's because someone reported the listings and the accounts were suspended individually and NOT because the accounts were linked by pictures or otherwise. It could be either though, no way of knowing.

When this happens it's usually a good idea to re-vamp listing text and pics to avoid any further losses..

That Could be True, However it would an MC019 Notice, and in the Notice it would tell you if it was a "Concerened" Member of the "Ebay Community"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-17-2010
xl_The_Jackal_lx's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Both accounts sell the same kind of merchandise, even sometimes using the same pictures. Could ebay have investigated account a and stumbled on account b?
Bingo.

EBay shoots first and asks questions later.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-17-2010
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,057 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl_The_Jackal_lx View Post
Bingo.

EBay shoots first and asks questions later.
Yes. And, don't feel safe just because your products are legitimate. PLENTY of people on this forum who have sold 100% legal and legitimate items have been suspended.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-17-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 134
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
That Could be True, However it would an MC019 Notice, and in the Notice it would tell you if it was a "Concerened" Member of the "Ebay Community"
That would depend on what he was selling.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-19-2010
forummember's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 721
Thanks: 40
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Same pictures, descriptions, anything that was similar to previous accounts can lead to them putting two and two together. Although, it is a bit stupid because I've seen many people use the same picture and identical descriptions so I guess they shut down a lot of people who had no connection with one another whatsoever.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-26-2010
Nephilim
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default

Seems as though you need to be really meticulous on how you operate on ebay and paypal.

Last edited by Nephilim; 07-26-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-27-2010
slapped's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 389
Thanked 1,397 Times in 866 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
Seems as though you need to be really meticulous on how you operate on ebay and paypal.

If you are going to go Stealth,,, NO DOUBT you need to be Careful and KNOWLEDGEABLE
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-27-2010
Nephilim
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
If you are going to go Stealth,,, NO DOUBT you need to be Careful and KNOWLEDGEABLE
Definetly! Everytime I log into one of my accounts, I check the ip twice, then look at other IP's that were suspended to see if they match. It may be a hassle, but is a must if you want to continue selling.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-27-2010
MadSam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 879
Thanks: 80
Thanked 165 Times in 95 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (3)
Default

That's the way it has to be.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MC152 suspension, should I bother to try to reinstate? lorddamax eBay Suspensions 6 04-30-2010 10:35 AM
MC152 FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement - 3rdRockFromTheSun eBay Suspensions 7 04-11-2010 07:52 AM
Mc152... Help!!! winniekuok eBay Suspensions 0 01-07-2010 07:04 PM
Within 3 days: MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension WHAT HAPPENED?! Milkandrelish eBay Suspensions 11 08-27-2009 03:52 PM
New ebay note today ... try register ebay account today leonid5000 eBay Suspensions 90 11-24-2007 07:12 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts