MC152 suspension, should I bother to try to reinstate? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-14-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default MC152 suspension, should I bother to try to reinstate?

Ok, so, here's the backstory:

I had an old ebay account that lost seller status because of DSR's. So I made a new one... both accounts just sold mundane ****... old tools I had, collectables my wife had, etc... your typical ebay bull****.

Recently, I decided to start acquiring and selling Lowe's coupons. I was making some really good money off ebay with it, when they started snooping my emails... I was stupid and was saying **** in the emails I shouldnt have (Your coupon was just emailed - when emailed coupons are NOT allowed). So they temp suspended me. Me, being impatient and totally stupid, started selling on my other account. This got them both nuked. But, I was a noob at all this.

So I make a new account. Different name, work address. Same paypal account (different email). Different phone number. I started listing coupons. They put my account on hold, and wanted to verify info. I callled them, they asked me a few multiple choice questions which I answered correctly (luck? I dunno. **** like 'what of these following towns have you ever lived in?' and for both questions I answered none of the above - which was apparently right).

So my restriction is lifted. And for the last 11 days I'm selling, getting feedback, making happy customers, making money.

Today they 152'ed me. I called, they said that Paypal initiated it, and to fax my drivers license, a utility bill, and some other **** to a number (I dont know if its ebay or paypal I'm faxing it to).

My question: Should I bother? Its a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and all, but ****, getting creative is easy enough, I can make faxed documents for any name/address I want.

Should I bother faxing it in? I didnt know about the cookies, IP issues, etc... will they still hit me with the ban-stick anyway even if I spend an hour being creative tomorrow making the docs they want?

I already bought the book advertised here... personally the info given for $37 is kinda weak. But, whatever. I CAN go through making all new **** - but I'd have to start off SO damn slow I know I'll prob get banned again. I make GOOD money selling my coupons. I have a website, but my volume is infinitely better on ebay than it is on my website - getting the damn website advertising is a bitch.

So, my currently banned account is linked to the same paypal as my other banned accounts. Used the same IPs. Same cookies. Should I even bother trying to get reinstated?

Last edited by TGMT²; 04-14-2010 at 11:05 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-14-2010

Longevity: 85%

eBay and Paypal now share information, so using the same Paypal account (even though you used a different email address) with a new eBay account is more than likely what caused the MC152 suspension. If this is so, I wouldn't bother trying to reinstate it.

I would just create a completely new eBay and Paypal.
Old 04-15-2010

Longevity: 82%

i am going through the same thing. You need to change IP address which god help me I have no idea what or how to do it. so here is what I am doing. I am going to frys to buy three routers and three new laptops or atleast two. then you can use one linkys server to one account write on it and which computer and the other to another computer. so you will automatically have two different ip address two different computer.
Then find 2 friend or family ready to help. Get the name and adderess make sure they are in 100 mile radius. you can use po box too risky ebay is not stupid.
then open under their address and name stay low radar for a while.
I will be trying this next week. I just purchased ebay sleath and it helped me with the tips they are great tips. I do not know how to change IP address on imac or the server yet so I am stupid lazy so I will go buy new linkys router and hoping that will just help. wish me luck too. I had ebay store for 9 years and they linked 5 accounts so stupid of me not changing nothing and now I am banned for ever...
Old 04-15-2010
Threadstarter  

I called ebay back today and they asked me to fax in those documents and I'd hear back in 24-48 hours. It cant hurt to try, easier than stealthing a new account. So I'm gonna do that and see what happens. I'll keep ya'll posted. The woman I spoke to told me it was for security reasons (IE: I sold way too much way too fast)

WHEN is Google going to open a google auctions? I'd give my left arm to sell somewhere other than ebay.
Old 04-27-2010

Send a message via MSN to jasonchan
Talking get help in Suspension

well, I am same as you and come FM HK.

I have other account was suspended yesterday. and the mail show that

MC152 FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement -

We're sorry to tell you that your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You can appeal this suspension. If, after reviewing your appeal, we're confident that this activity poses no risk to the Community, we'll be happy to reinstate your account. For information about how to appeal this suspension, please go to:

Suspended accounts

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

So that I wanna get help here.
Old 04-29-2010

I think most forum members will agree with me on this, never give them your real personal info. So many people here have stories of sending in documents, utility bills, etc....and they still don't get reinstated. You're just giving them extra ways to track you.
Old 04-30-2010

Longevity: 96%

Why jump through all of the hoops when they will probably get you anyway...making a new account is actually easier.

When giving an address, just make sure that it "could" exist. example: if a street has house number 1300, then an intersecting street then 1314. Any address between the two numbers should work.
I set up an account once just making up a street address and it got taken down for not having a verifiable address.