Got suspended now I am getting a barrage of cases filed. What to do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-08-2010
banned4life's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 46
Thanks: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (1)
Default Got suspended now I am getting a barrage of cases filed. What to do?

As I posted yesterday. I got suspended for bs. It seems they sent all my buyers removal notices of the items that they bought. Items I honored and shipped. Some wiseguys have filed cases against me. They are claiming items not received. I have all the tracking info and have provided it the case details. can anyone chime in here and tell me what I can expect from this or what I can do. everything I sold was shipped. It was non brand stuff that people are claiming too, real real cheap items. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-08-2010
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,057 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banned4life View Post
As I posted yesterday. I got suspended for bs. It seems they sent all my buyers removal notices of the items that they bought. Items I honored and shipped. Some wiseguys have filed cases against me. They are claiming items not received. I have all the tracking info and have provided it the case details. can anyone chime in here and tell me what I can expect from this or what I can do. everything I sold was shipped. It was non brand stuff that people are claiming too, real real cheap items. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance
This is eBay's Buyers Rewards Program.

In the event a seller is suspened or terminated, eBay will notify their buyers by email so that they can claim refunds, and also keep the merchandise.

FREE MONEY!



Basically, it is seller rape.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
moneyhungry (08-09-2010)
  #3  
Old 08-08-2010
forummember's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 721
Thanks: 40
Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Disgraceful. You'll just have to put it down as a loss.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-08-2010
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,057 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default

I have a hard time blaming the buyers. eBay allows and even seems to ENCOURAGE this sort of thing. The old feedback system worked very well. Ever since sellers lost the ability to leave negative feedback for buyers, it has been 'open season' on sellers. Scamming buyers can screw sellers, and there are no consequences. Some buyers realize this and take advantage of it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2010
banned4life's Avatar
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 46
Thanks: 13
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (1)
Default

I have responded to some cases with tracking info and one actually closed it out. At least they are very low priced items that are getting hit so I'm not worried yet. If I start getting hit on high priced items then I'll get pissed. Transferred funds to bank account just in case but I'm sure I'll get hit regardless of this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-08-2010
slapped's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 389
Thanked 1,397 Times in 866 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (4)
Default

If it is a Stealth Account---,, Walk Away

If Enough Sellers Walk Away and Leave Ebay/Paypal to deal with All Disputes Ebay will Do Away with that E-Mail Notification of a Suspended Seller,

Last edited by slapped; 08-08-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-08-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 134
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
iTrader: (0)
Default

If you have the tracking info there should be no issue?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-09-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 39
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (1)
Default

This just happened to me... I agree its sellers rape.. You get people who think you are gone..they open cases when there is tracking number provided and delivery confirmed. i go after the people and try and close the case because its your money still...------- i have one better how about the a good ebay account a buyer opens a claim..they have item.. i respond to claim like i do in ebay email saying we have a return policy etc please return. buyer then immediately escalates to ebay..ebay awards them a refund and they still have the item!! wtf?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-09-2010
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay33 View Post
This just happened to me... I agree its sellers rape.. You get people who think you are gone..they open cases when there is tracking number provided and delivery confirmed. i go after the people and try and close the case because its your money still...------- i have one better how about the a good ebay account a buyer opens a claim..they have item.. i respond to claim like i do in ebay email saying we have a return policy etc please return. buyer then immediately escalates to ebay..ebay awards them a refund and they still have the item!! wtf?
Yep it is happening more and more. If you get anything back it will be an empty envelope with a tracking number.
Use their address and phone info to open your next stealth account.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topseller For This Useful Post:
bmwsouthside (08-19-2010)
  #10  
Old 08-09-2010
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,907
Thanks: 4,599
Thanked 7,055 Times in 6,426 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

And that's the other problem - eBay removes the listings so it's as if the sale never happened. That's why even the seller with tracking info is not protected. eBay washes their hands off of you.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-09-2010
slapped's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 389
Thanked 1,397 Times in 866 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (4)
Default

If you are Keeping a Minimal balance in your Paypal Account as you should and it is Indeed Stealth,,, Close your attached Bank account and WALK Away,,, If this happens often enough and Ebay and Paypal are left to deal with the Claims,,, Ebay will give up on this BullSh!t, Practice,,, I am NOT a Lawyer but I truly Believe that This practice has Got to be Against the Law,, Someone should look into it,,,,,Jeff Where are you.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-10-2010
FandangoKango's Avatar
MU
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,983
Thanks: 155
Thanked 160 Times in 136 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topseller View Post
Yep it is happening more and more. If you get anything back it will be an empty envelope with a tracking number.
Use their address and phone info to open your next stealth account.
Nice idead. I will try that if anything happens to me next time.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-10-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 39
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Do you go back for the money in a few months frm paypal? Im all for the stealth and walking away but I dont want them to keep a penny. Just curious if y'all go for your money after a few months. i lost 6 accounts w about 4k combined... i empty out as often as i can... just 2 accounts got built up quick.thanks
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-13-2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,393
Thanks: 14
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topseller View Post
Use their address and phone info to open your next stealth account.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-13-2010
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,057 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
If you are Keeping a Minimal balance in your Paypal Account as you should and it is Indeed Stealth,,, Close your attached Bank account and WALK Away,,, If this happens often enough and Ebay and Paypal are left to deal with the Claims,,, Ebay will give up on this BullSh!t, Practice,,, I am NOT a Lawyer but I truly Believe that This practice has Got to be Against the Law,, Someone should look into it,,,,,Jeff Where are you.
I doubt there is a specific law addressing this. I mean, prior to eBay, how would this ever come up? Nobody ever had that kind of power before. eBay is pretty upfront about what they are doing, so it is not a deceptive business practice. Sleazy, yes.

It also occurrs to me that this might be a part of the reason they took away sellers' ability to leave negative feedback for buyers. Enough negative feedback could show a pattern of a buyer scamming sellers. Then, an attorney could argue that eBay knew, or should have known - by the information on their very own website - that the buyer had a history of such behavior. This could create legal liability for eBay.

And the media does not help matters. Nearly every story of online fraud involves a fraudulent seller scamming buyers out of their hard earned money. eBay sellers are viewed somewhere between used car salesmen and bill collectors.

So a bunch of sellers complaining is probably not going to get lawmakers to act to correct the problem. Now if we could only find a way to sell that as "protecting the children"...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
ptenchick (08-14-2010)
  #16  
Old 08-14-2010
JGirl's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I love topseller's reply! I'll keep that one in mind!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-14-2010
ptenchick's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 216
Thanks: 37
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (0)
Default

It happened to me twice last summer..I had to email all buyers with a teary "explanation", telling them how Ebay and PP are, almost begging them to look closer at the case and my wonderful international 300+ positive feedback (50+ of which was regarding the same product that I sold in US and internationally)..I actually wrote all this info as a reply to a PP claim...at the end, guess what? 7 out of 10 buyers agreed to finish the transaction....it was a real headache but it was my last chance

Jeffweico, I LOVE reading your responses!
You are so smart, intelligent and always SOO helpful!!!
It's a real privillege for the forum to have a member like you!
Thank you from all of us!



Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I doubt there is a specific law addressing this. I mean, prior to eBay, how would this ever come up? Nobody ever had that kind of power before. eBay is pretty upfront about what they are doing, so it is not a deceptive business practice. Sleazy, yes.

It also occurrs to me that this might be a part of the reason they took away sellers' ability to leave negative feedback for buyers. Enough negative feedback could show a pattern of a buyer scamming sellers. Then, an attorney could argue that eBay knew, or should have known - by the information on their very own website - that the buyer had a history of such behavior. This could create legal liability for eBay.

And the media does not help matters. Nearly every story of online fraud involves a fraudulent seller scamming buyers out of their hard earned money. eBay sellers are viewed somewhere between used car salesmen and bill collectors.

So a bunch of sellers complaining is probably not going to get lawmakers to act to correct the problem. Now if we could only find a way to sell that as "protecting the children"...

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-19-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-14-2010
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,057 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptenchick View Post
Jeffweico, I LOVE reading your responses!
You are so smart, intelligent and always SOO helpful!!!
It's a real privillege for the forum to have a member like you!
Thank you from all of us!
Thanks for the compliment. But I've also gotten a lot of knowledge from this forum. I just try to contribute back what I can.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (08-14-2010)
  #19  
Old 08-19-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 207
Thanks: 5
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by topseller View Post
Yep it is happening more and more. If you get anything back it will be an empty envelope with a tracking number.
Use their address and phone info to open your next stealth account.
Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptenchick View Post
It happened to me twice last summer..I had to email all buyers with a teary "explanation", telling them how Ebay and PP are, almost begging them to look closer at the case and my wonderful international 300+ positive feedback (50+ of which was regarding the same product that I sold in US and internationally)..I actually wrote all this info as a reply to a PP claim...at the end, guess what? 7 out of 10 buyers agreed to finish the transaction....it was a real headache but it was my last chance
I tried that and I have gotten responses from 2 out of 10 and one of them is trying to scam me out of paying completely and the other says she is out of the country and is running out of money herself but she is actively buying new items every day on ebay. her delivery address is 2 hours away from me. I am getting some ideas.
some buyers wrote me and stated that paypal is safe way to pay and thats the only way they will pay. I said to them paypal and ebay really has them fooled. when they have problems they will feel the pain too.

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-19-2010 at 04:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 4 Cases for $0.01 philly387 Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers 4 07-27-2010 07:41 PM
Buyer filed claim against me with pp! Trimptop PayPal Talk 10 07-18-2010 10:13 AM
Claim Filed Month Later superfly Subscriber Discussions 8 05-03-2010 12:27 AM
Opened Cases will Effect DSR's in Sept 2010 BooMer eBay FeedBack 0 04-27-2010 10:53 AM
Survey : successful cases for getting back on ebay make0moneyonebay eBay Suspensions 4 02-25-2007 12:36 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts