Mc019 - First removal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-02-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Mc019 - First removal

Hello,

I recently received my first ever MC019. Just so you know the facts, its my original account, created in late 90's, sat pretty for many years only selling things around the house occasionally, started selling for a living a year ago, and 6 months ago started "really" selling, as in only job. I originally got a call from ebay a few months ago concerned about items I had for sale (dvds) but was able to back it up with some receipts I had for it. Everything was going great, started building the inventory, and I got this email a few days ago:

Dear,

You recently listed the following listing:

(there were about 40 items listed here, all that I currently had listed)

Your listing has been removed.

- Your listing was brought to our attention by members of the community who reported it for questionable authenticity

You may also consider these tips to help improve your listing:

- Including additional photos, taken yourself, of the actual item offered in the listing (multiple angles may be helpful to buyers)

For a safe shopping experience on eBay and to make buyers feel confident about their purchases, we will at times remove certain listings from the site.

Unfortunately, your item was removed because of the way it was listed.

To make sure you're following eBay policies and to help you avoid listing removals in the future, please take a minute to read and understand our selling guidelines. Go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/rules.html

If you have any more questions, chat with one of our policy
experts any time from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM MST. Get started by clicking
the link below.
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...rmat=1&pid=830

You may need to take a tutorial. If it's required, you may be asked to take it the next time you sell. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tutorial/...ial/intro.html

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. We understand that you may be concerned about this situation.

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/ques...ing-ended.html

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

I have about a million and a half questions as I am new to this kind of thing so I figured I would just start here and wait for some feedback on what my first step should be.
Take the quiz?
Write ebay for more info on why this happened and what I can do to stop this from happening again?
Why were all the listings taken down instead of a specific one?
Can I ever list these items again?
Can I use the barcode info and description with the product again?

Just so you all know, some of the things I sell are 100% not vero guaranteed, some others, I get from various vendors so it is obviously hard to know for sure, but I never get vero intentionally and will not sell it intentionally.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-02-2010

Definitely sounds like a competitor reported your listings which sucks ass. You'll be forced to take the quiz either way if you sell again. You can try writing eBay, but it's most likely useless, probably get a canned response like I did. All your listings were likely flagged at once, not sure though another forum member can confirm this?

You can list the items again, however you'll likely get flagged again. To be real, I have no idea what to tell you or what to do besides making more accounts and spreading your sales. The account you have now is sadly burned in being able to list those items again. It would help to identify exactly what listing/title got you flagged in the first place, but from what it sounds like that would be impossible.

It's ****ing stupid that eBay takes claims from other members about sellers listings and takes them down without question. They should do take downs only from authorized VeRO program participants in my opinion.

-Albert Einstein
Old 10-02-2010

Longevity: 78%

I agree that it was likely to be a competitor or one of those sad numpties that you hear about that has no life so wants to destroy other peoples, as it makes them feel their policing of ebay is an important role. Sad T####

I think the rules are if you can't authenticate it then do not sell it. So any chance you had mention of the fact that you were unable to authenticate your items in those listings?
Old 10-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ...

no, I would never mention I was unable to authenticate in an auction. Would it get me in more or less trouble if I mentioned they were 100% authentic in the auction, and was not able to back that information up? I see a lot of sellers mention that, at least in the field I sell in and I seriously doubt most of them have proof of authenticity.

So just to double check, if I take one of the products I had listed, use the same barcode on the item (which brings up all the prefilled description by ebay) use a similar listing but change a few things, such as mentioning they are 100% authentic and changing the photos, you think it will still get taken down within a few days? I'm listing about 30 items a day now, if I shrunk that down to 5 or 10, would that help? I have a ton of inventory right now and would love to get rid of some at least before I have to go start 5 accounts and sell one item a day.
Old 10-02-2010

Longevity: 91%

How about NOT selling FAUX items?! People like you (and others) are the reason it gets harder and harder for the rest of us...Don't come here and ask for our help on how to sell more faux items or items you are not sure they are authentic...Are you serious? Really?

Ask yourself this "How would I feel if I paid top dollar for something and found out is was a knock-off?" hhmmmm

How about some responsibility of researching your items so that you know they are authentic? Why take the risk? If more people took the time and did things the right way there would be a lot less issues...
Old 10-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Hello,

I recently received my first ever MC019

I have about a million and a half questions as I am new to this kind of thing so I figured I would just start here and wait for some feedback on what my first step should be.

[Just so you all know, some of the things I sell are 100% not vero guaranteed, some others, I get from various vendors so it is obviously hard to know for sure, but I never get vero intentionally and will not sell it intentionally.

Sorry I dont do innocence any more. Been there and have the T shirt.
First rule of buying is BUYER BEWARE. When the buying is to on sell, the stakes are higher. There's few items that are around that have a good profit margin that are not foo-foos™ Like many others, you've played a game and not won.
If even ONE lot came from China, then you know what I am saying. That defence is off the books.
A competitor has reported you I'm sure of that. List them again, get suspended again. Account is flagged and ebay is no longer as tolerant these days of such indiscretions.
Old 10-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ...

I understand what your saying green bean. Now for someone that has realized this and has tons of inventory. How does one go about unloading this, other than in a dumpster? Any suggestions? List 1 item a week for a year until its all gone? Or is that not even going to work?

As for the other comment from rcdrivertim, this is ebay dude, do you think there are not garage sale, estate, sale, etc, sellers on ebay? Many many people sell this way and its perfectly understandable. Do you think they all take the time to research every product for authenticity? Thats simply impractical. As far as going to an illegal source on a normal basis and hoping for the best, yes, its an obvious no no, but trying to make a quick buck buying, bargain hunting, you can't possibly tell me people like us are the cause for all problems on ebay can you?
Old 10-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Craiglist might do. ioffer has traffic. You need to go thro' the items and separate them.
I'll be blunt. It depends on the quality. You can not expect to list inferior items with any barcode you like and get thro'.

And dont be saying something like that to rcdrivertim. I'll repeat what I said Buyer Beware.
You appear intelligent. Learn, and learn quickly, to separate foo-foos™ from authentic. Do that and any problems you have are lessened. What another seller does is not the issue or point. YOU are. You are on the forum and help is been given.
Peace and Mungbeans
rcdrivertim (10-02-2010)
Old 10-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Default ...

Sorry for the negative response. I mean no harm here, I am here for help and am in mercy of this site so I don't want to get on anybody's bad side. Its just when I go looking for help and get a response at a helpless time in my ebay career, and the response is, its people like you who cause all the problems. It doesn't feel good when I'm trying to make an honest living.

I will sort out my inventory. Although a very lengthy amount of time and a mess it will make, I hope to clear out the bad seeds and only sell what I know to be authentic. The rest, maybe I will try craigslist. Most likely, although worth at least 4 digits, I will probably just throw it in the dumbster. A lot of money lost, and it will be hard, but I don't want clutter sitting around that I can 't move, That stuff just depresses me.
Old 10-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Collectively on ebay, it is a whole bunch of sellers that create problems. The foo-foos™ market is too tempting. Some go merrily on their way & could care less. Others get trapped and move onwards. You are correct, it is hard work, it is lots of time and lots of money. In fact as I'm typing this I'm looking at a DVD set I would not use as a door stop. LOL. Its quality is horrendous. Usual story, 'fancy' website, 'good' price but a worthless item.that's ecommerce.
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly and ebay
My Last Shot (10-05-2010)